•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 12 Nov 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

46517456_ANdrive12Nov2021_sm.jpg.5c2d0d4acefc0d181c96cf9cedeca49c.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  12 Nov  2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @takeshi sobue. Thanks for signing up for this drive. Since you have already joined an Absolute Newbie drive already, I ask you to please sign up for any Newbie drive you wish to join. You can see the drive's announcements on the Carnity WhatsApp group, and you will find them posted online on the website at 7:00PM this evening. Thanks a lot. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi Ale 

Hope you are doing well

just to inform you that I made a mistake I confused Al Quadra Drive with Brett and yours.

Thank you to delete my participation. 

Sorry 😣 

Frederic Demolder 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Arijit Bhattacharyya I noticed you have done your Absolute Newbie drive already 2 months back. As stated in the Drive Topic, this Absolute Newbie drive is only for first joiners, so kindly remove your RSVP. 

You can book into one of the remaining available spots on the Newbie drives, or ask to be added to their respective waitlists.

Thanks.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 11/7/2021 at 4:37 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @takeshi sobue. Thanks for signing up for this drive. Since you have already joined an Absolute Newbie drive already, I ask you to please sign up for any Newbie drive you wish to join. You can see the drive's announcements on the Carnity WhatsApp group, and you will find them posted online on the website at 7:00PM this evening. Thanks a lot. 

GOOD evning  

I have selected a course that I cannot take.  I am sorry.  Please do not go as you will not participate. thank you

• Thanks (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Arijit Bhattacharyya said:

Hi @Frederic, I had registered for an absolute newbie drive earlier but couldnt go. Can I please attend as I have no background in offloading 

Ok no worries, your drive data showed that you have done 1 AN drive already. Perhaps it was not removed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear soon to be Desertnauts

@Suresh K, @Asem Rashwan, @Mohammed Ismail, @Azeem M, @Jean Jarjoura, @Arijit Bhattacharyya, @Mo Moharam - Welcome to Carnity!

As you are aware of, this is a drive strictly for who has never been off road with Carnity. In preparation for it, it is important that you inform us if:

• you have any prior off-road experience;
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets;
  • if your car has the required ground clearance of min. 8 inches (21 cm) between the ground and its bumpers/undercar.

Before joining the drive on Friday morning, you will need to have viewed the introductory videos (links above). Please also make sure you are equipped with a tire deflator and a tire pressure gauge (sometimes they are all in one tool). You will need these. If you have an off-road flag as well that would he great. In case you do not have a flag mount on your car, you may look for a flag with suction cups, which can be easily placed on one of the rear windows. Even if the drive should end near a gas station, where they have an air compressor, if you have your own please bring it along, as it may be quicker than waiting in line. So, to recap, useful tools to carry would be:

• tire deflator (must)
  • tire pressure gauge (must)
  • radio (recommended)
  • off-road flag (recommended)
  • air compressor

All these items should be available at any ACE or Speedex store, as well as at Dragon Mart (at this latter location you can find especially the radios, where I advise you ask to set on manual inputs - you can memorize the channels later, as Carnity uses channels which are different from the ones that are usually memorized at Dragon Mart's outlets). 

Regarding the area of the drive, we will access the desert from an entry point along the road going from Qudra Parking (where you can use the ADNOC gas station to fill up your tank), toward the Bab al Shams Resort. Follow carefully the Google Maps directions: once you turn off the tarmac road (after circling a roundabout next to a mosque), you will cross through the bike track, and an opening between roadworks being done along the bike track. Myself and @marks will be waiting for you.

Once arrived at the meeting point, we'll conduct a final inspection of your cars (sufficient clearance and accessible tow points are a must, without which you'll be turned back). Following a detailed technical briefing, we'll be ready to enter the dunes, and start your off-roading adventure. This area is rarely used by other clubs, and the sand is much cleaner ad smoother, so this is an ideal ground to move your first steps in the desert.

Any new member who's planning to join this introductory drive, please contact me on this thread for any preparatory question. In the meantime have a great rest of the week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use