•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 13 Nov 2021

M.Seidam

32 minutes ago, Daniel Rodas said:

Thanks @M.Seidam, I will go with the White Pajero 3.8 LWB. Cheers!

Thanks 🙏 Daniel for informing 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear friends 

@Waqas Parvez @Vaibhav @Reggie Landicho @Santoso Marjuki @Daniel Rodas @Alphin Aloor @Rsjiv Samuel @TT_Dubai

it’s less than  24 hours before our intended drive and just can’t wait to share gliding  it smoothly and safely with you guys. having said that please be ready , get steady before the final “Go like a pro “ 

probably you all drove in Qudra desert 🌵 and personally it’s one of my favorite areas. ; it offers a balance of everything to what we are up to . Basically after warming up my intention is to take it gradually in pace and difficulty in safe way practicing together at 2 to three long range dune areas side sloping , criss crossing and finally bit of ridge riding doable for all . We will cross some technical patches which connect these areas from north west to south east . Depending on the convoy response and time we either loop back to exit at last exit or continue bit more toward south Qudra exit point via the beautiful crescent lake. 

image.jpeg.6951ffb3528f0613283d0872cd167718.jpeg

please be on time ( 07:00 ) at the meeting point which is at the beginning of the drive post  , bit earlier the better . 

Communication and offroad flags are absolute safety prime so make sure that your radios are fully charged and programmed . Shovel , deflator and compressor as well please.

during the drive and in any given moment communicate please clearly for whatever problem you may encounter ( refusal, stuck , front / back vehicle distance status .. etc ) 

recoveries what so ever will be dealt strictly by myself , @Tbone( second lead ) , @JeromeFJ ( Center Forward ) and @Hisham Masaad ( sweep ) 

For any query  should you feel to clarify please feel free to mention it ahead and/or at the meeting point .

for this drive we will be communicating at radio channel 2  ( 446031 )

Convoy numbering , here we go 

image.jpeg.5cb483d0553c5449340e60428c4cc171.jpeg

Good luck and enjoy 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

19 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Apologies @M.Seidam I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Have to be in office tomorrow morning for urgent work. Enjoy, have a safe drive

No issue at all dear Hisham , take care and see you next time inshallah 😉

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear friends 

@Waqas Parvez @Vaibhav @Reggie Landicho @Santoso Marjuki @Daniel Rodas @Alphin Aloor @Rsjiv Samuel @TT_Dubai

it’s less than  24 hours before our intended drive and just can’t wait to share gliding  it smoothly and safely with you guys. having said that please be ready , get steady before the final “Go like a pro “ 

probably you all drove in Qudra desert 🌵 and personally it’s one of my favorite areas. ; it offers a balance of everything to what we are up to . Basically after warming up my intention is to take it gradually in pace and difficulty in safe way practicing together at 2 to three long range dune areas side sloping , criss crossing and finally bit of ridge riding doable for all . We will cross some technical patches which connect these areas from north west to south east . Depending on the convoy response and time we either loop back to exit at last exit or continue bit more toward south Qudra exit point via the beautiful crescent lake. 

image.jpeg.6951ffb3528f0613283d0872cd167718.jpeg

please be on time ( 07:00 ) at the meeting point which is at the beginning of the drive post  , bit earlier the better . 

Communication and offroad flags are absolute safety prime so make sure that your radios are fully charged and programmed . Shovel , deflator and compressor as well please.

during the drive and in any given moment communicate please clearly for whatever problem you may encounter ( refusal, stuck , front / back vehicle distance status .. etc ) 

recoveries what so ever will be dealt strictly by myself , @Tbone( second lead ) , @JeromeFJ ( Center Forward ) and @Hisham Masaad ( sweep ) 

For any query  should you feel to clarify please feel free to mention it ahead and/or at the meeting point .

for this drive we will be communicating at radio channel 2  ( 446031 )

Convoy numbering , here we go 

image.jpeg.5cb483d0553c5449340e60428c4cc171.jpeg

Good luck and enjoy 

Dear friends 

as @Hisham Masaad won’t be able to join us tomorrow due to some urgent commitment, small change to the list below. @TT_Dubai will be sweeping us wishing him best and joy .

image.jpeg.057fe95b475738c5089bdaeddd4c042a.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi, i have signed up for this drive on the 13th. Is there any contact where i can call and discuss .

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Simon Dawood said:

Hi, i have signed up for this drive on the 13th. Is there any contact where i can call and discuss .

Thanks.

Hi @Simon Dawood first of all thank you for joining Carnity offroad club . If it’s your first time and as per @Carnity policy it’s advisable to join the Absolute Newbie drive and it’s only once after that you  can either join the newbie drives or higher up if you declare your previous experience  .  
I am afraid I will remove you from this drive 

Edited by M.Seidam
Spelling correction
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Drive report 

Nowadays there is no more refreshing than to have the drive brief in the open air , socially distanced off course .  Everybody was on tIme ready and steady to “go like a pro” 😅 

today I was honored to have @Tbone as my copilot in the passenger seat and more pleased to get to know new faces as well. Thank you all for giving me the chance and helping me leading this convoy today. 

starting in a slow pace and gradually increased especially in the second half of the trip where I got pretty confident for the drivers response and willingness to perform what we intended to do till we got the climax toward the end. 

in the first area of the long range dunes and upon the first crisscross we encountered the first refusal or almost crest sideways due to hesitation of one of the participants what made me , after nice self recovery upon instructions , to line up the convoy on the flat to explain it better ( from now onward I should keep the toy car always in my glov box 🤣) . And it worked and the crossing never stopped smooth and nice thereafter. 

image.jpeg.0b0f08a7ec2858a4bbb90c31141ab84a.jpeg

as we continued our journey, we had to go bit technical and I have to say every one did just more than great reaching the next and after the next dunes practicing more and more as if it’s ain’t stopping . 

A couple of refusals and maybe two more crests all cleared  in no time by self recoveries and as a matter of fact The ropes never left our trucks today 😊

Toward the end the flow took us better to enjoy the last scenery of the day which was the crescent lake where a beautiful surprise was awaiting us there. It was the “ long train “ of @Frederic’s convoy coming from Faqa which apparently without my knowing ended for the last stop before the inflation spot at Bab shams south Qudra. It was just amazing.

image.jpeg.1e8be0f45e92da24bc443c334bd02331.jpeg

@Waqas Parvez as a second lead you kept the proper distance just effectively to give you the proper reaction time upon taking the guiding instructions. You drove nice your prado and self recovered beautifully. Nice meeting you.

@Vaibhav nice meeting you . You did great and as you see once you cross all comes fluid after that . Well done all over 

@Reggie Landicho we drove together in Lesile in my partial lead with @Chaitanya D’ drive  . You did great today. You too didn’t need a rope to get yourself out as well . Well done my friend .

@Santoso Marjuki it was pleasure meeting you today your driving was awesome today . It’s nice to see AD guys crossing all this distance to share the passion of this team sport . I hope the drive paid it off .

@Daniel Rodas @Alphin Aloor @Rsjiv Samuel hardly any issue if any . Flawless . Hope you enjoyed it 

@JeromeFJ thank you for joining the drive and being in the middle anchoring the front and back was amazing thanks for your help and guidance to the other fellow drivers .

@TT_Dubai ( Tim ) first time we meet as well what a pleasure . Thanks for watching our back and the excellent communication feedback .

Last  but not least special thanks to Vinod @Tbonefor your encouragement and guidance even from the passenger seat. It was a blast .

Till we meet next time take care drive safe and see you soon in sand 

cheers 

Mohamed 

P.S  pictures in Gallery and Relive below hope you enjoy 

Fantastic @M.Seidam ! So glad to see you leading drives independently. You were more than ready and I’m looking forward to be somewhere in your support soon.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use