•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 12 Nov 2021

Tbone

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  12 Nov 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/b5PaYAGAmoCyBJmV7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Fewbies and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar:

Thanks @Tbone and @Shaaz Sha for the wonderful drive yesterday.  @Shaaz Sha You were leading the convoy nicely. It was enjoyable and exciting.   looking forward for more drives with you. @Thomas Varghese @Tbone hope your cars are ok now. Happy to meet everyone and see you all on sand soon.
Some pictures  are uploaded in the gallery. 

IMG_6314.JPG

Edited by Chinthaka Ruwan
  • Well Done (+2) 2

4 minutes ago, Chinthaka Ruwan said:

Thanks @Tbone and @Shaaz Sha for the wonderful drive yesterday.  @Shaaz Sha You were leading the convoy nicely. It was enjoyable and exciting.   looking forward for more drives with you. @Thomas Varghese @Tbone hope your care are ok now. Happy to meet everyone and see you all on sand soon.
Some pictures  are uploaded in the gallery. 

IMG_6314.JPG

@Chinthaka Ruwan my door lock got repaired yesterday itself. This is a 2008 model car, not one which came from showroom in less than 5 years. So things like this are bound to happen. Still I love the Xterra. After I swapped the engine I came to realize its power. Amazing power. I understood my previous engine was leaking combustion inside 3 cylinders and still it could somehow manage the climbs. Now its just WROOM WROOM & ZOOM. No wonder the Nissan VQ 4.0L DE series engines top the charts in the best engines ever made for so many years now. I'm in love with its power. Hopefully it will conquer the Wagan Bowl challege in stock condition put forward by @Gaurav and claim it for Xterra. Love to do a dyno tune prior to that if anyone is doing it for Xterra. If someone could lead me to a good dyno tuner I will be thankful. Not because I'm not happy with the power now but I read in Nissan forums that this engine could be tuned to 400 HP power delivery output  which will really make other cars follow the dust trail of Xterra. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello off roaders, Thank you all for joining and showing up on time. Yesterday the climate was awesome for a morning drive and we were all set flagged and deflated to hit the sand. Right before our briefing and radio check, @Thomas Varghesefound that his passenger side door was not closing and the lock inside was fragmented. He had no choice other than exiting from the drive. As suggested by @Tbone , moved @salah2u to the sweep and we started moving to the desert. After a few minutes drive @Tbone was not happy about the power discharge of his XTERRA and finally he decided to leave the car and join me to continue the drive. Even though there were many tracks we could still find some beautiful dunes and make our way through. We had our initial stuck when @Nafizslided down to a pocket and ended up stuck in an angle where it was not safe to tug him out. After shoveling for around 20 minutes @Chinthaka Ruwan could give him a tug from front just to move him from the churned up soft sand and later pulling him down from behind. Though we had few refusals on our way to pink rock, the drive was superb and the convoy responded well to all the challenges came our way. well done guys. At the pink rock we attempted climbing few times (which could be the last in that area for some time, since there is a news about legal restrictions driving on the high dunes) and the 4X4 of my car disengaged and we decided to end the drive and exit..But with some luck i could engage it back to 4wheel drive mode and continued the drive making it through all other exciting places and ascends in big red area. Thank you all for making it a wonderful drive. Thanks to @Tbonefor making the drive possible for me and it was a blessing to have you on board with me. It was like a practical class for me about the dunes, the approach angle and much more. Thank you. @Ben84 did great as the 2nd lead, well done and keep it up bro. @Prakash Anoop,i believe it was a nice experience for you with your wrangler and very good performance. keep it up. @Peter Hagerand @Marwan Haddad were really good . You guys were amazing in every long climbs we attempted. Good job gus and keep it up. @Nafizwith LX470 had some issues and finally was in sync with his car. Did great towards the end..nice work buddy, and keep smiling the way you do.. :). @Chinthaka Ruwan,thanks a lot for your help and support as the CF. You did all the recoveries to perfection and did amazing at the high dunes. Thanks and keep it up bro..😄. @MMansooryou did very well and handled your beast, the Y62 with ease and to the perfection. nice work buddy 😅. @Thomas Varghese, it was really sad to see you stay back while the convoy started and really wanted you to be a part of this drive as sweep. Hope every thing is fine with your X now and hope to see you soon buddy☺️. Thanks to all once again. It was a great experience to drive with you all and hope to catch up with you guys soon.

Edited by Shaaz Sha
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use