•  

CANCELLED - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Untamed Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 13 Nov 2021

Looks like ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya Shahinat - 3 (764) is the nearest petrol station.

@Lorenzo Candelpergher Once filled up here do we need to carry extra fuel back home after the drive? 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

3 minutes ago, takeshi sobue said:

Thank you. I'm sorry 🙏 I wanted to participate normally, but when I tapped to put a message as to whether I could do it, it was managed by Mistake.

What is All Level? Can beginners participate?

Dear @takeshi sobue, this is a Fewbie Drive, i.e. a level for which you are not yet qualified. I will remove you from the RSVP. For your own safety and for that of the other drivers, it is important that you join drives whose level is consistent with your current off-roading experience, as I hope you understand. Keep up the good work in joining Newbie Drives and you will soon conquer your promotion to Fewbie and, possibly, Intermediate later on!

By the way you can add yourself in the "Going" tab of the drives, not in the "Manage" tab, which is only for Marshals, Experts, Advisors and Support Team. 

4 minutes ago, takeshi sobue said:

Thank you. I'm sorry 🙏 I wanted to participate normally, but when I tapped to put a message as to whether I could do it, it was managed by Mistake.

What is All Level? Can beginners participate?

I can understand the urge.. you need to be quick with your fingers on Sunday evening 7 p.m sharp to select the drive you want to join. If you have joined the WhatsApp notification group then you will get a message around 11 am in the morning of Sunday for the schedule next weekend. decide in the morning and be quick quick quick when the messages start drping in your inbox. Good luck this week

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

22 minutes ago, Looper said:

Looks like ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya Shahinat - 3 (764) is the nearest petrol station.

@Lorenzo Candelpergher Once filled up here do we need to carry extra fuel back home after the drive? 

Hi @Looper, I believe there's no need to carry extra fuel. This is a Fewbie drive and we will be driving approx 50-60km, which will leave you with around half tank at the exit point. 

1 minute ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @takeshi sobue, this is a Fewbie Drive, i.e. a level for which you are not yet qualified. I will remove you from the RSVP. For your own safety and for that of the other drivers, it is important that you join drives whose level is consistent with your current off-roading experience, as I hope you understand. Keep up the good work in joining Newbie Drives and you will soon conquer your promotion to Fewbie and, possibly, Intermediate later on!

By the way you can add yourself in the "Going" tab of the drives, not in the "Manage" tab, which is only for Marshals, Experts, Advisors and Support Team. 

Thank you very much.  I will learn well.  I will do my best to raise the level

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.ca9435f46837767798eca2382089c775.png

@Sunil Mathew, @AlexM, @Bernard Kalaani, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Humayun Ghias, @Shereen Shaaban, @Fabien Monleau, @MMansoor, @Josh T., @Looperthis drive is going to be very interesting, in a terrain new to most, beautiful but challenging, and therefore quite demanding from a technical point of view, both mentally for the drivers and mechanically for the cars. It will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, especially when we will reach elevated positions on steep slopes, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz)

Our meeting is confirmed on E75 Al Fayah Road - https://goo.gl/maps/pH1UmMLcUUawgqQAA 

See you on Saturday afternoon, ready to go (i.e. already caffeinated, deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 2:00pm (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 1:45pm.

P.S.: apologies to all those who responded to the RSVP asking to be waitlisted. For the time being @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @MMansoor have been admitted, up to the limit of 10 participants. For @Imran Kashif, @Santoso Marjuki, @PaoloMaraziti, @James Thorn, it will be for another time!

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Humayun Ghias said:

@Lorenzo Candelperghermy sincere apologies, I have a commitment that has come up which I can't get out of. Sorry I won't be able to join this drive.

Hope everyone has an amazing one! 

Dear @Humayun Ghias, no worries. It happens.

@Imran Kashif, are you still interested to join, given that we have an open spot and you are first in line in the waitlist? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Lorenzo Candelpergher changed the title to CANCELLED - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Untamed Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 13 Nov 2021

Important Information

Terms of use