•  
Advertise here

Issue with Pajero power output at low rpms < ~3000?

Lately I happen to notice that the power output of my 2013 3.5 Pajero is bit sluggish below ~3000 rpm and as soon as the rev goes above the ~3000 there is surge of power similar to a turbo kicking in if not that much intense...

Especially when climbing high dunes it makes a difference, only if I am able to get enough run up to get the rpm above 3000 it goes through.. else the car completely goes slow goes and stalling..

I have done some research online and few of the thighs pointed out were faulty fuel filter, throttle valve, MAF sensor etc..

Has anybody else experienced the same and found a fix? OR is this the way power delivery is expected from 3.5...

Seeking advise..

Plz check:

- Air filter. Most cheap workshops just clean it with compressed air, but once in a while you should actually replace it.

- Injectors: injector cleaning can help. There are specialized workshops.

- Spark Plugs: replace them every 60,000kms

The MAF sensor usually works fine until it starts throwing engine check lights. If that’s not the case, I don’t think your MAF is causing these issues. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

24 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Plz check:

- Air filter. Most cheap workshops just clean it with compressed air, but once in a while you should actually replace it.

- Injectors: injector cleaning can help. There are specialized workshops.

- Spark Plugs: replace them every 60,000kms

The MAF sensor usually works fine until it starts throwing engine check lights. If that’s not the case, I don’t think your MAF is causing these issues. 

Thanks @Frederic.. shall definitely get these checked…

@S Jacob have you driven your car in sand before? Are u driving in D?

the engine learns overtime to best suit your driving. On highways or city roads, we barely cross 3k unless we are overtaking during which we go full throttle and cars picks up like “turbo”. This is standard ECU “map”. 
the car cruises at 120 at around 2.8k rpm… so your observation is spot on

As advised by Fred, do get these checked. 

As a note  you can try using the triptronic… and see the response of the car… 

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Like (+1) 1