•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 19 Nov 2021

Vanessa8580

6 hours ago, Motorian Racing said:

Hi @Frederic

Is the Motorola T82 compatible with the frequencies that you use at Carnity?

thanks!

Hi @Motorian Racing, we have 10 frequencies, of which the T82 is compatible with channels number 1 till 4. For the Absolute Newbie drive we are always using channel 1, so that means you will be fine.

But I do propose to buy a second radio with manual frequency settings as well. As sometimes we need to use channels 5 up to 10 in some cases.

Carnity channel 1,2,3,4 will be 1,3,5,7 on your radio (PMR446 license free channel list).

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Asem Rashwan @Eduardo sos @ahmed salama @Sergio Negri @Suresh K @Nikita Kuzmich @JERINE_B @rohit kumar @Javier Martin

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Some more useful tutorials:

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

I am looking forward to meet you all on Friday !

Hi, thank you for the introductory video (watched ;) ). I drive a Patrol Safari. I have moderate 4x4 experience but mostly on snow. On sand I had a few trips, already got stuck, already recovered from it. I'm far from an expert but let's say a bit more than a newbie 😉. On top of the basics I'll have flag and radio. Looking forward to learning more 😊

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi , 

myself jerine , I am having a month old 4 door wrangler Sahara, got zero off-road experience , but eager to learn and experience this skill..looking forward to that

Seeking one small advise from the experts here, Is it too early for my big boy to venture in to desert? Should I wait for few 1000 Kms 😬

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Vanessa8580 & All

I am joining with my Pajero 3.8 SWB. I have experience as a passenger with my friends in Carnity club. 

I confirm here, I have Radio, deflator, off-road flag, compressor and hooks

Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday.

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JERINE_B said:

Hi , 

myself jerine , I am having a month old 4 door wrangler Sahara, got zero off-road experience , but eager to learn and experience this skill..looking forward to that

Seeking one small advise from the experts here, Is it too early for my big boy to venture in to desert? Should I wait for few 1000 Kms 😬

Never too early ! It's a Jeep Wrangler, made for the desert .... Looking forward to see your big boy on Friday 😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Vanessa8580,

I dont have any offroad experience, I will come with a Pajero SWB 3.5 and two kids, if I get stuck maybe they can help 😅

looking forward to meeting you all

Important Information

Terms of use