•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan West (Al Fayah - Ramlat) - Abu Dhabi - 19 Nov 2021

Mehmet Volga

1 minute ago, Mehmet Volga said:

@Josh T. @Charbel @Hasan Wahlan @John Vanderbleek @ShereenMK @Salim Akhtar @Christian Andras @Prakash Anoop @Dodi Syahdar

Good evening friends

Here is the convoy order for tomorrow

convoy.JPG.427b89eb5441af4f0b169b2a07a4f026.JPG

We will be using channel#1 on the radio

See you in the morning

Apologies @Mehmet Volga for the late notice but I can't make it tomorrow due some urgent commitment.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mehmet Volga said:

Yes you can join @Thomas Varghese. Please RSVP 

Done. It will be my 1st drive with you as lead. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Mehmet Volga for the wonderful drive. Special thanks to @Dodi Syahdar & @Christian Andras for the much needed support expected in a fewbie drive. @Charbel was a good 2nd lead and performed very well as expected of a 2nd lead in a fewbie drive. @Josh T. was happy today to demonstrate the power of his GMC Shaheen Sierra over and over again in pulling stuck cars out. 

The level of the drive was definitely fewbie and it was a good track selection by @Mehmet Volga. It had all the recipe's demanded by a fewbie level drive - slide slopping both on hard and slip face, ridge riding, criss crossing and the terrain was good training ground. The fact that no one in the convoy had any pop out situations in such soft sand track speaks volumes of the skill level of the drivers.

I have one suggestion though. Whatever be the situation if anyone gets a refusal and in a couple of attempts cannot self recover then please wait for the instructions from the trip lead or the support team. Kindly don't aggravate the situation by repeated self recovery attempts but wait for the instructions from the trip lead or support team. There is nothing shameful in requesting help from experienced drivers and @Carnity has selected the trip lead and the support team after good training and have qualified them to be in that position. Follow their instructions precisely and you will be out in no time from a stuck. This is very important. I'm a IM driver and have done 80 drives including today's and will always request for help and obey the instructions from the trip lead or support team even if my instincts tell me its all wrong. When you are inside the car and have a refusal you cannot assess the situation properly and in that panic you continue doing things which aggravate the problem. 

Thanks for showing up for the drive on time and it was a pleasure driving with all of you. More than that it was my honor in knowing so many new faces. 

I thank everybody for helping me out with my starter problem at the exit point and appreciate that the trip lead @Mehmet Volga stayed with me until I drove off with him in Dubai direction. Once again thanks everybody and look forward to future drives in the sand with all of you. 

Some images are posted in the gallery and hope you all will enjoy it especially @Dodi Syahdar for his wonderful bridge situation picture.

IMG_1036.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was a bit different than we expected; couldn't count how many stucks we had this friday. Looked like canoeing in a river rather than driving as we used our shovels more than steering wheels. Even walking on on that supersoft sand was quite challenging. We couldn't complete our planned track and had to exit on another path due to our overtime on the sand but anyhow, it was a nice friday with friends, smiles, jokes and a lot of workouts to stay fit 💪 

@Charbel @Dodi Syahdar and @Christian Andras ; excellent support from front, mid and back ensuring the convoy exited safe and sound. Thank you buddies! It wouldn't be possible without your help. You saved our day! I tasted some worse in the past ( as @Dodi Syahdar may remember our morning drive that ended at 3 pm, which is still a Carnity record with 6 stuck cars at a time in the same bowl 😀) but thanks to your support that we didn't allow this one to go like that.

@Salim Akhtar ; it was a challenging start for your new Fewbie adventure but such "stuckful" drives are part of our game and perfect tools to get more experience within a shorter time... and you used it to the end. I am sure you will find your upcoming drives much easier and start enjoying quickly. Sorting out all troubles with a Pajero will make you a tough off-roader so you will find it a piece of cake when you switch to XT. Well done 👍

@Prakash Anoop ; very good performance on your third Fwb drive. During Newbies, you have learned how to "push" your car and discovered its limits. Now, you are learning to "control" that power to open all the way up safely. I know our drive was slightly higher than a regular Fewbie (because of extremely soft sand and technical form of dunes which is not giving easy ways to out) but you perfectly followed the advises, well understood the tricks and applied successfully later on. Keep it up!

... our incredible AD team @John Vanderbleek @ShereenMK and @Josh T. ; outstanding show as always, proving that you are not only good in high speed slopes and climbs but also really good in dealing with stubborn technical dunes! Special cheers to @Josh T. as it is always more difficult to manage big trucks on such technical soft dunes but he had no any stuck as far as I remember. Plus, his monster GMC was on duty to recover all others without blinking. Well done man! 💪

... and @Thomas Varghese it was rally nice to drive with you after a long time. Thank you for your joining and supporting this drive as well as giving such a good feedback on this post buddy. You acted as an additional support, monitored everything and provided good advises for each refusal and stuck. Hope you sorted out the start up problem with your car and we can drive again soon!

See you all on the next!

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

It was a bit different than we expected; couldn't count how many stucks we had this friday. Looked like canoeing in a river rather than driving as we used our shovels more than steering wheels. Even walking on on that supersoft sand was quite challenging. We couldn't complete our planned track and had to exit on another path due to our overtime on the sand but anyhow, it was a nice friday with friends, smiles, jokes and a lot of workouts to stay fit 💪 

@Charbel @Dodi Syahdar and @Christian Andras ; excellent support from front, mid and back ensuring the convoy exited safe and sound. Thank you buddies! It wouldn't be possible without your help. You saved our day! I tasted some worse in the past ( as @Dodi Syahdar may remember our morning drive that ended at 3 pm, which is still a Carnity record with 6 stuck cars at a time in the same bowl 😀) but thanks to your support that we didn't allow this one to go like that.

@Salim Akhtar ; it was a challenging start for your new Fewbie adventure but such "stuckful" drives are part of our game and perfect tools to get more experience within a shorter time... and you used it to the end. I am sure you will find your upcoming drives much easier and start enjoying quickly. Sorting out all troubles with a Pajero will make you a tough off-roader so you will find it a piece of cake when you switch to XT. Well done 👍

@Prakash Anoop ; very good performance on your third Fwb drive. During Newbies, you have learned how to "push" your car and discovered its limits. Now, you are learning to "control" that power to open all the way up safely. I know our drive was slightly higher than a regular Fewbie (because of extremely soft sand and technical form of dunes which is not giving easy ways to out) but you perfectly followed the advises, well understood the tricks and applied successfully later on. Keep it up!

... our incredible AD team @John Vanderbleek @ShereenMK and @Josh T. ; outstanding show as always, proving that you are not only good in high speed slopes and climbs but also really good in dealing with stubborn technical dunes! Special cheers to @Josh T. as it is always more difficult to manage big trucks on such technical soft dunes but he had no any stuck as far as I remember. Plus, his monster GMC was on duty to recover all others without blinking. Well done man! 💪

... and @Thomas Varghese it was rally nice to drive with you after a long time. Thank you for your joining and supporting this drive as well as giving such a good feedback on this post buddy. You acted as an additional support, monitored everything and provided good advises for each refusal and stuck. Hope you sorted out the start up problem with your car and we can drive again soon!

See you all on the next!

Sorry for the unnecessary comments to support from me as I'm still not on the support team. Every time somebody gets a refusal which they promptly convert into a stuck brought back smiles and memories of my newbie, fewbie days. When someone thinks they know their car and can come out of any refusals with raw power on the throttle and don't inform the support team or the lead reminds me of my early days with @Carnity. As you are aware @Mehmet Volga this aggravates the situation they are in and I can't help but tell them stop whatever you are doing and wait for instructions from experts in the convoy. It was not simple praise to you that the terrain was good training ground - infact it was. Tell me which situation you didn't cover in that drive? Side slopes both on hard and slip faces, crisscrossing and ridge riding, avoiding pockets, driving on super soft sand you covered everything. Refusals and stucks are part of any drive irrespective of the driver's rank. Part of the learning curve. 

12 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Sorry for the unnecessary comments to support from me as I'm still not on the support team. Every time somebody gets a refusal which they promptly convert into a stuck brought back smiles and memories of my newbie, fewbie days. When someone thinks they know their car and can come out of any refusals with raw power on the throttle and don't inform the support team or the lead reminds me of my early days with @Carnity. As you are aware @Mehmet Volga this aggravates the situation they are in and I can't help but tell them stop whatever you are doing and wait for instructions from experts in the convoy. It was not simple praise to you that the terrain was good training ground - infact it was. Tell me which situation you didn't cover in that drive? Side slopes both on hard and slip faces, crisscrossing and ridge riding, avoiding pockets, driving on super soft sand you covered everything. Refusals and stucks are part of any drive irrespective of the driver's rank. Part of the learning curve. 

That is indeed true, but on Fewbie level onwards we tend to give the member some time for him to assess his situation by himself and give him some attempts to self-recover. That is for them the only way to learn self-recovery. Holding hands is fine in Newbie level but once they have entered Fewbie level, they need to become a bit more self-reliant in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use