•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Bidayer - Sharjah - 20 Nov 2021

Hisham Masaad

24 minutes ago, Nihal17 said:

Hi @Hisham Masaad , I was just 20min away from the drive when i had to stop at Emarat station and return due to an emergency in the family ,, Apologies couldn't update due to the situation and didn't expect a WL since everyone was taken in . 

Thank you @Nihal17 and hope all good with you and family. The request for joining was over the phone. No issues

• Like (+1) 2

As i mentioned to most of you, doing a Fewbie level drive in this kind of terrain, taking into account the millions of cross-tracks, soft sand, and high climbs where momentum is key, i applaud all of you guys, especially the ones who were on their first Fewbie drive. You guys did fantastic !

@Hisham Masaadyou chose fantastic lines, gave everyone their fair amount of challenges, and supported and encouraged everyone throughout the drive. I was delighted to be in your second lead and hardly had to correct anything throughout the whole drive. That was the reason i was also driving a bit closer to you, as i felt extremely confident in the lines you took and knew what you are capable of.

Well done @Zixuan Huang - Charliefor the hard work you delivered in CF position. Keep up the good work ! @Rawad was digesting the churned up tracks at the back with ease and a big smile. Well done buddy !

Due to some bad memories in this terrain in the past, where i led a few drives on a Friday morning where cowboys were flying around and even crossing our convoys, i have not been in Badayer for quite a long time (perhaps more than 1,5 years). But being there on a Saturday it was calmer and with such a responsible lead and great team, i had a great time.

See you all soon back in the sand !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Thank you @Nihal17 and hope all good with you and family. The request for joining was over the phone. No issues

It was me who requested. I was in the drive and an unfortunate incident occurred a day before- My starter motor refused to work. I left the drive because I was afraid I couldn't get the car ready in time for the drive. Then I found a good Auto electrician shop in Sharjah who fixed my starter in an hour. Wanted to join back as I still had time to reach the meeting point for the drive. I really wished to join the drive as @Hisham Masaad is an old friend who joined almost the same time as I joined the club. Wanted to drive under his lead with @Frederic supporting him. Anyways it was destined to be some other time. No regrets. Hope your emergency at home didn't disturb you much @Nihal17

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I have been to numerous drives that @Hisham Masaad supported since newbie, always impressed by your knowledge, guidance and ability. And yesterday I am honored to be in the first of your leading drive,  and thank you for trusting me as CF in such difficult terrain. 

This is also my first time being the CF and the convoy requires my attention, bit exhausting but great learning experience as well.

7 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

One test, checking your car capability to cross pockets, but looks failed 🤣 

Guess I could have made it if ever Nissan put a rear diff lock for Pathfinders, blame goes to Carlos Ghosn then 😎

The first half of the convey did really amazing job completing this drive, some refusals that self recovered. and the only major stuck which is from myself 😛.

@eldose baby @Waqas Parvez well done for completing this demanding drive, and I could visibly see your improvements in later part of the drive, I am sure you will feel your future fewbie drives easier than this one. Few point to address: Momentum is your biggest help. And trust your Toyotas' power, which both you will learn more in the drives to come.

@Naim Aoun  @Damien Ranjit both of you excellently completed this drive, good job! Just one thing to address: Technics in obtaining momentum, that you will more likely to learn from drives in Bidaya/Area 53, Big red and Faya.

The guys in the second half of the convey didn't require much attention, as they all quietly conquered the terrain like bosses.

@Rsjiv Samuel I must compliment you for always keeping enough distance from me, very well done!

Finally thank you @Frederic for saving my ass and watching us, the Pajero indeed feels much larger than it looks! and @Rawadfor helping out and the support throughout the drive, always feel safe with you sweeping!

See you all after a while, I will be travelling to Peru for 3 weeks (Just got my visa this morning 😉), definitely I will be missing the sandy fun afar.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Hisham Masaad Excellent driver it was mix of technical and lovely high dunes,over all amazing experience,looking forward for more drives,hope to join this coming Saturday at big red (was 15mins late in rsvp),just wanted to highlight i have seen people registering in multiple drives!

Edited by Waqas Parvez
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use