•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 26 Nov 2021

M.Seidam

Trip report 

Dear friends 

it was with an immense pleasure meeting all of you and leading a drive which turned to be one of the most enjoyable times for me hoping it was for you too.

I much appreciate for being in time lined up and prepared , and after briefing we started moving at 06:50 hitting the pylon track toward south and parallel to the 🐪 track.

Upon entry of the technical patch east@Michel Van Woudenberg had a refusal upon first dune crossing and apparently his 4X4 was disengaged. Thankfully and after being tugged , thanks to @marks , somehow and after several attempt of manually trying solve the issue in his FJ40 1978 we took a call to continue and he did more than wonderful throughout. 
the technical part was a good warm up which was impressive and no issue if any to recall till we reached the flat area and at this point it was a time of a little stop to demonstrate especially for the New Fewbies some technical and safety points during criss crossing and ridge riding.

image.jpeg.e60800fb9128e141a7cf64628610850a.jpeg

This area of Lisaili is particularly known for its medium long range dunes where after several side sloping one beautiful ridge seemed to be ideal for the first criss cross and gentle landing , so every one did in excellence . We practiced in this area couple of times. till confidence built up to continue so we did .

Then we came to face a popout of the right front tire of @Imteeaz GoolamhossenY61 . Which was fixed in no time . 

we continued and the radio was silent for about half an hour indicating that every one now is set for the second part ( the only one breaking the silence was me checking that all is good in the back ) and the answer from @Rajeevan Vickneswaran was reassuring always 😊 

heading more in south and east direction aiming at the high dunes parallel with the Paja route ,  ( connecting murqab to the sabkha and further south through the technical till the borders of solar park/ Qudra ) , we had to cross a short cut technical stripe . Just before the end of it @marks passenger started feeling unwell and we had to give it a break for few minutes in the fresh air . nothing was much left before the first tall dune and riding all of us along it’s relatively flat ridge a beautiful scene of the large Sabkha like a run way illuminated by the reflection of the rising sun high in the sky as the watch was pointing to 09:35 ( I wish I had a picture ) however from a previous drive in same area looked like that  👇

image.jpeg.abe99055aa274df42817ddc6bfa492a5.jpeg

It became clear that Mark’s passenger can no longer continue and I had to make the call now and asked the friends about their wish of early exit or to continue for our remaining 45 minutes . We accompanied  mark , Michel and Marwan to exit safely at Murqab and the remaining of the convoy after little rearranging returned back to the flat sabkha engoing what was remaining  from time and that was a blast a continuous side sloping , climbing and criss crossing along the long range dunes in a direction toward exit.and just before existing @Stavgot slipped with left front wheel in the air . However with some instructions recovered very smoothly and nicely.

Generally it was such an experience for all of us lots of learning  and much skills to develop and refine all by time comes smoother and nicer .

we learned the criss crossing tech safely and how to approach and when and at top of that never fight Mother Nature ( Gravity ) and instead makes it yours and by your side it will never fail you.

we learned some self recovery and blip blip gas and how gentle to handle the foot on paddle and hands on wheels with harmony. 

we learned how to fix the pop out basically keeping all safety precautions during executing that as well as how can you avoid it (  skills vs tire )

On top of all of this we all met again and for some I haven’t seen for quite a while and others it was for the first time . What an honor and pleasure . Well done every one. 

@Michel Van Woudenberg pleasure meeting you , your handling driving a manual car has special respect for me. Hope you enjoyed it.

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen as a first FB drive you did more than great and your self recovery was awesome. 

@Manoj Soman also first Fewbie drive . Excellent . Your second lead for the last part was very good . Nice meeting you buddy.

@Felix Obst eventually we met what a pleasure . You drove like a pro brother . Well done.

@Adam James nice meeting for first time too . No issue at all keep it up hope to drive again with you . ( please update your car type in your profile 😉)

@KAMALIO apart from one or two refusals I believe You have done great . See you next time and nice meeting you 👍

@Marwan Haddad second time we drive together , thie first and this drive flawless like a pro 👍

@Stav what a pleasure . Great driving and the last one with self recovery is all part of the spice to any drive as long as you do it safely and you did . Wish To drive with you one more time.

I would like to hugely thank @Gok Krish ,pleasure seeing you after all this absence , your help in the middle was very much appreciated my dear. Flawless as I knew you 👍 .Same goes for @Rajeevan Vickneswaran thank you for keeping me posted from the tail of the convoy at all time.

last but not least special thanks goes to my second lead @marks for being there correcting whatever slipped from under my wheels . I hope your passenger is ok now . 

take care all enjoy your week ahead and the upcoming holidays as well . 

See you soon gliding on dunes 

cheers 🙏

Mohamed 

P.S few pictures in gallery 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam Thnk you for putting together this amazing deive yesterday.

the technical parts were more than welcomed, and as fewbie this is what we will look towards in the next drives.

my first pop-out - thnk you @marks for your help in getting this sorted out.

looking forward to the next fewbie drive

cheers

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Imteeaz Goolamhossen for tha feedback .

I believe driving in technical terrain is like swimming in a shallow water  ( no feet allowed to touch ground ) , once you master it , being in an ocean is like a piece of cake ! After that 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@M.Seidam thank you for the excellent drive yesterday, especially the last part of the drive was excellent, nice pace that everybody managed to follow without any issues!

Great team spirit as per the attached pic Looking forward to drive with all fo you guys again soon! 

935EE2F0-FD26-430B-A029-069E472B4338.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam Thank you very much for the drive, it was a lot of fun and I am still asking for more - looking forward to Saturday. It was a pleasure to meet you finally after our forum interaction, thank you for the good evaluation of my driving skills. 

@rest of the team: It was a lot of fun with you - great team spirit!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidamsorry for the delayed response. The drive was an awesome mix of techie stuff and swooping easy hills. The only reason i used the early exit of Mark to join him is that my best friend from Australia was waiting at my house after flying in that morning ! Look forward to many more, starting tomorrow with an all day in Liwa !

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Michel Van Woudenberg said:

@M.Seidamsorry for the delayed response. The drive was an awesome mix of techie stuff and swooping easy hills. The only reason i used the early exit of Mark to join him is that my best friend from Australia was waiting at my house after flying in that morning ! Look forward to many more, starting tomorrow with an all day in Liwa !

Enjoy Liwa my friend and get us lots of pictures 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

One of the best drives i had.really enjoyed it

Just now, Manoj Soman said:

One of the best drives i had.really enjoyed it. @M.Seidam thanks for promoting to 2nd lead even though for last 30 mins..but enjoyed the position and felt it..nice meeting you mate!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use