•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 26 Nov 2021

Shaaz Sha

Fantastic drive guys great job all and thanks for having me as your CF. See you all again soon! Sorry I had to rush off so quickly without saying bye properly I had to quickly get to mosque! 

Edited by imranaasghar81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hello guys..Thank you all for making it on time at the meeting point. It was a wonderful day off roading and you guys were set to take up all the challenges. For me it was all new faces and was a bit puzzled to recognize the convoy members since it was too crowded. After the radio check we were all together for the briefing. There were many convoys at our starting point and i was a bit disappointed seeing the traffic. But fortunately the track we chose was much better and not too crowded. I believe that the terrain had all most everything to practice our skills like side slops, long climbs , criss crossings and very soft sand  to evaluate ourself and you guys made it wonderfully. I hope every one in the convoy enjoyed the drive as much as i did. We had a few refusals and stuck, but with such a strong convoy we could make it safely to our exit point right in time.We accomplished our 38.1 km track in 3 hours and 50 minutes👋👏👏  Thank you @Jeepie for being with us today and for your support and advices through out the drive. It was a pleasure to have you on board.😃🙏. @Sudhanva Sonawane, you were amazing bro, it was your first fewbie drive and you did really well in all the challenges came on your way. well done buddy.👏. @Salim Akhtarthank you for showing up on time all the way from Abu Dhabi and i believe you had fun and enjoyed the drive. You did amazing bro. Keep up the spirit @Prakash Anoopyou did really well in managing your Wrangler..had few refusals and struggled some times .. but when deflated you could make it easier. Did great towards the end of the drive especially in the super soft sands . i think you might have noticed the importance lowering your tire pressure today. Did really well bro. @Pierre de Maigret, did not hear much from you on the radio and believe you had an easy day except for the last refusal.did very well and keep it up. @imranaasghar81 . You and your FJ made it easy peasy and .thank you for your support Well done job as CF. @Gregory Managed very well in all the areas with your Pajero. Great job buddy and keep it up. @Alexander Holodny like @Prakash Anoop you were high on tire pressure and when deflated .. you were up to the mark. Did well bro. @Daniel Yang.. It was nice to see you maneuvering effortlessly in your Y61. You hardly had any issues and managed the terrain well.Good work buddy and keep it up. @Thomas Varghesethank you for a well executed sweep role.Your updates on the convoy and advices during refusals made it easier . Thank you..  Thank you all once again and see you soon.some pics in the gallery:)

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Shaaz Sha & @Jeepie you made a very interesting drive in the morning. Interesting in the sense all the drivers in the convoy responded very well. Area 53 is a very entertaining and learning area. I had a doubt we wouldn't be able to drive much but we did 38.1km in the Badayer area which speaks of the skill level of the drivers. We had our minor share of refusals but all overcome in the fastest possible time as drivers responded well to the instructions relayed over the radio. Not 1 pop out in those soft sands. Everyone in the convoy did well and I look forward to future drives with them. @Shaaz Sha appreciate the 10 minute break you allowed us to relax, socialize, take pictures, have a cup of coffee, bio break. I hope my assistance to all of you was appreciable. I'm thankful you executed the maneuvers exactly as instructed and cleared the refusals. I don't remember any rerouting of the convoy because of anybody not able to make the challenge @Shaaz Sha gave. Feeling so satisfied to see the new comers learning fast. The drive had all the ingredients for a fewbie drive. High dunes, slide sloping, ridge riding, criss crossing, testing your abilities in soft sand. I hope all you have started to realize the potential of the cars you drive and more important your capabilities as a driver. 

Kudos to @Sudhanva Sonawane,  @Salim Akhtar, @Prakash Anoop, @Pierre de Maigret, @Gregory, @Alexander Holodny & @Daniel Yang for challenging the lead shaaz for more adventures.  The lead can only drive if the convoy responds well and today all of you did that. The well done messages over the radio was not simply hollow messages but genuine in a challenging terrain with the experience you have now. You all did well. 

Thanks to @imranaasghar81 for only instructions when it was needed the most. I'm thankful to you buddy for trusting me with the instructions for the fewbies. Hope you enjoyed your role as CF even though your rope couldn't come out of its bag. Todays drivers were good and spared you. 

Driving with @Jeepie after a long time and its always a pleasure seeing her drive that jeep like a morning walk in the park over those dunes. Hope she enjoyed the drive too as I could see her face was happy after the drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks you all for the wonderful drive and a special thanks to @Shaaz Sha, @Jeepie, @imranaasghar81 and@Thomas Varghese for such a wonderful drive well organised. Really enjoyed the technical drive, Area 53 is of of my favorite terrains now....

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Prakash Anoop said:

Thanks you all for the wonderful drive and a special thanks to @Shaaz Sha, @Jeepie, @imranaasghar81 and@Thomas Varghese for such a wonderful drive well organised. Really enjoyed the technical drive, Area 53 is of of my favorite terrains now....

@Prakash Anoop You are gradually gaining experience and I could see the difference today. 3 things you have to take care and you and your jeep will conquer the sands like a maestro. One of the best advice I got from @Carnity club during my 1st drive - from the famous @Frederic is always take care to gain higher ground whenever you climb up from the beginning. You can't change your  climb up angle once you are already committed to the approach angle. You can't turn your wheels into the climb slope once you feel your approach angle was wrong and you are losing ground. Obey the car and don't make it fight gravity. DANGEROUS. Come down and reattempt if needed.  2nd most important advice was from @Foxtrot Oscar the ridge riding queen. Whenever you ride a ridge try to be in the middle of the ridge by having both your front wheels on either side of the ridge. This way you will be in more control of the steering movements of the car. Flatten the crest of the ridge and don't bother about the underbelly of your car as its protected by bash plates. 3rd advice was from Professor @Ale Vallecchi. When driving on soft sands deflate to 11psi which is roughly 1/3 of your normal tire pressure. These 3 advices and implementing them correctly made me a better offroader. I was grumbling inside when @Ale Vallecchi asked me to deflate further down to 11psi and was thinking Ale was about to destroy my tires. After almost an year into off roading I'm thankful he gave me the courage to deflate to that tire pressure. Hope you drive with @Chaitanya D & @Wrangeld to hone your technical dune driving skills more. @Wrangeld is the DCT champion because technical dune driving is his strength. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Prakash Anoop said:

Same! My favourite now too!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Prakash Anoop You are gradually gaining experience and I could see the difference today. 3 things you have to take care and you and your jeep will conquer the sands like a maestro. One of the best advice I got from @Carnity club during my 1st drive - from the famous @Frederic is always take care to gain higher ground whenever you climb up from the beginning. You can't change your  climb up angle once you are already committed to the approach angle. You can't turn your wheels into the climb slope once you feel your approach angle was wrong and you are losing ground. Obey the car and don't make it fight gravity. DANGEROUS. Come down and reattempt if needed.  2nd most important advice was from @Foxtrot Oscar the ridge riding queen. Whenever you ride a ridge try to be in the middle of the ridge by having both your front wheels on either side of the ridge. This way you will be in more control of the steering movements of the car. Flatten the crest of the ridge and don't bother about the underbelly of your car as its protected by bash plates. 3rd advice was from Professor @Ale Vallecchi. When driving on soft sands deflate to 11psi which is roughly 1/3 of your normal tire pressure. These 3 advices and implementing them correctly made me a better offroader. I was grumbling inside when @Ale Vallecchi asked me to deflate further down to 11psi and was thinking Ale was about to destroy my tires. After almost an year into off roading I'm thankful he gave me the courage to deflate to that tire pressure. Hope you drive with @Chaitanya D & @Wrangeld to hone your technical dune driving skills more. @Wrangeld is the DCT champion because technical dune driving is his strength. 

Thanks a lot @Thomas Varghese for the valuable advice

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for the drive, and @Jeepie, @imranaasghar81 and @Thomas Varghese for the support and guidance where needed. A challenging drive, with beautiful terrain and a good team overall. We absolutely needed to be awake for yesterday's drive - dodging other convoys, microlights (paragliders?) and dealing with soft sand. 

@Prakash Anoop nice driving . I would suggest leaving a generous amount space between you and the rest of the car. I make this comment bearing in mind in my early drives, I used to be too close to the car in front, especially on the inclines- I used to do exactly the same thing. Inevitably this gave me an issue (stuck/refusal) when that car had an issue. I wanted to "keep up" with the car in front of me and not lose the pace. As soon as I "learned" (trained myself because it did not feel natural) to leave more space, and give myself another option, my refusals and stucks became far fewer. 

Nice to meet some new faces. Have a good week everybody and see you in the sand. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use