•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 26 Nov 2021

Shaaz Sha

1 minute ago, Gregory said:

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for the drive, and @Jeepie, @imranaasghar81 and @Thomas Varghese for the support and guidance where needed. A challenging drive, with beautiful terrain and a good team overall. We absolutely needed to be awake for yesterday's drive - dodging other convoys, microlights (paragliders?) and dealing with soft sand. 

@Prakash Anoop nice driving . I would suggest leaving a generous amount space between you and the rest of the car. I make this comment bearing in mind in my early drives, I used to be too close to the car in front, especially on the inclines- I used to do exactly the same thing. Inevitably this gave me an issue (stuck/refusal) when that car had an issue. I wanted to "keep up" with the car in front of me and not lose the pace. As soon as I "learned" (trained myself because it did not feel natural) to leave more space, and give myself another option, my refusals and stucks became far fewer. 

Nice to meet some new faces. Have a good week everybody and see you in the sand. 👍

I kept calling you Justin im so sorry! Forgive me mate!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Prakash Anoop @Chaitanya D & @Wrangeld. @Wrangeld is the DCT champion because technical dune driving is his strength. 

@Thomas Varghese. I beg to differ, technical is but one of the winning team's strengths. The challenge was not won on the technical dunes alone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

@Thomas Varghese. I beg to differ, technical is but one of the winning team's strengths. The challenge was not won on the technical dunes alone. 

dear @Wrangeld, What I meant was you are the king of technical dunes. Of course there are other factors like planning, team etc and most important is your experience. I only wanted @Prakash Anoop to participate in your drives and gain more experience in off roading. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese

Important Information

Terms of use