•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Big red - Sharjah - 27 Nov 2021

Hisham Masaad

Dear desert wanderers, @Jeepie @KAMALIO  @AlexM @Davie Chase @Waqas Parvez @Sunil Mathew @Peter Hager @Vaibhav  @Reggie Landicho @Chris Wing @Pacific good evening. We should have called this drive "Wranglers Drive" 😀 Below Convoy list for your info. Look forward to see Saturday afternoon2124902744_ScreenShot2021-11-25at6_35_57PM.png.05bf541ff18677b9b48135474bf4c09d.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Dear desert wanderers, @Jeepie @KAMALIO  @AlexM @Davie Chase @Waqas Parvez @Sunil Mathew @Peter Hager @Vaibhav  @Reggie Landicho @Chris Wing @Pacific good evening. We should have called this drive "Wranglers Drive" 😀 Below Convoy list for your info. Look forward to see Saturday afternoon2124902744_ScreenShot2021-11-25at6_35_57PM.png.05bf541ff18677b9b48135474bf4c09d.png

Wranglerino as @Wrangeld would say....sorry @Hisham Masaad I have to withdraw,  will miss your company..drive safe guys. Sorry for last minute retreat. 

• Sad (0) 2

Good morning everyone. 

What an amazing afternoon drive. As scheduled all were almost on time at the meeting point, despite Google maps trying to push us for short cuts, which were illegal. Eventually all reached, and apologies, will change the meeting point to one of the interchanges, instead in between. Waited some time for @Chris Wingbeing the sweep, and decided to surprise @Peter Hager to be in sweep position, who never did before. @Jeepie explained what is required from the sweep, and the excitement started. 

In the beginning didn't want to start with the big dunes of Big Red. being close to the meeting point, till I and every one warm up, and check how every one is doing with low hight dunes. Crossed Big Red, and found all are doing well and thirsty for more challenges. Went back to the Big Red, and every one had his chance to climb on both sides, and was great job by all. After that we started heading towards pink rock, which we usually climb, but unfortunately, with the new roles, we could not climb. When I found, reaching pink rock was fast, easy and without any issue, and there was plenty of time, had to make a turn and go back, trying to scan all dunes. Below how the track looked like.   

Completed in 3 hours about 50 km, which is really amazing. We did not need to have any shovel or tug.

Thank you @Jeepie for being second lead, @Sunil Mathew for your support in the centre, amazing. And thank you very much @Peter Hager being the good news sweep. All over the drive, I was hearing always "all good and moving" which was encouraging me to more forward with more confidence that all are enjoying and managing.

Thank you @KAMALIO @AlexM @Davie Chase @Waqas Parvez @Vaibhav @Reggie Landicho  for joining, you were all amazing and happy to meet you.

Look forward for another drive.

Nice week ahead all

Take care

Hisham

FB big red track.PNG

Big Red summ.PNG

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Hisham MasaadLoved the drive. @Waqas Parvezhad informed me about his previous experience on your drive. Wanted to try it and loved every single minute of the drive. Thank you and looking forward to many more drives with you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Hisham Masaadthanks for a great drive was super amazing and the climbs were great really enjoyed it looking forward to more. Great second lead from @Jeepiealways a pleasure to follow. @Peter Hagergreat job as sweep. Great to meet all the other team members some old and some new. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a really amazing and excellent drive @Hisham Masaad, and never felt like it was only your 3rd drive in lead. The last time i joined you and @Jeepie was back in July during my Fewbie days , same area around pink rock where i had 2 longitudinal stucks :-) ...so returning here with the same combination, had a different and nostalgic feeling. 

Thank you for entrusting me with the CF role, it was a bit humbling, i should say , because i could feel the weight of the responsibility you guys were bearing while in support previously , and also  learnt that there is a long way to go to emulate the stalwarts at Carnity !!.

Good to meet everyone @KAMALIO @AlexM @Davie Chase @Waqas Parvez @Vaibhav @Reggie Landicho , all new faces for me, and congrats to @Peter Hager on his debut sweep role, good job !!

All of you drove really well , keep perfecting your skills and improving the sync with your car .

See you all soon !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Hisham Masaad I repeat it has been my best drive so far with Carnity!! The combination of speed, challenge, weather and sunset just made it awesome.  It is a drive to remember for me.

@Jeepie Chapeau to you for your skills and experience.  It was a lot of pressure being behind you and to keep up and learnt a lot on how to keep that momentum constant and just enough to overcome the resistance of the softsand.

@Sunil Mathew@Peter Hager Great having you cover our back and ensuring that we kept moving at the challenging pace.  Thank you both.

@AlexMAt first I kept looking back to see if you were behind as part of the responsibility of being in the convoy, 30 mins later I know I did not have to bother and was always great to look back and see you close behind.  It allowed me to enjoy the beautiful views in front.  I just was conscious that with your top down I did not end of blowing up too much sand from the rear.  Apologies if that happened

Great drive rest of the team and with the challenge that @Hisham Masaadput us was good to see that everyone keep the convoy moving smoothly and honoured to drive with all you skilled drivers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use