•  

"Hi Everyone" from a Newbie Offroad lover !

Antony Abraham

Hello Everyone,

I am newbie to the off road experience and the club.Want to say a Big "Hi" to everyone in the group and will be looking forward to join the drive once I get my radio.

Looking forward to join the newbie drive with some of you here.

Vehicle - Rubicon 2021

I just completed my first desert experience in Khaleej desert drive on Nov19,2021 and just loved the experience.Completed all the 6 checkpoints.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Welcome to the club @Antony Abraham ! Thanks for the nice introduction, looking forward to see you soon in one of our many drives !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Welcome to Carnity offroad club @Antony Abraham best wishes of having all the learning and  fun safely .

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Antony Abraham said:

Hello Everyone,

I am newbie to the off road experience and the club.Want to say a Big "Hi" to everyone in the group and will be looking forward to join the drive once I get my radio.

Looking forward to join the newbie drive with some of you here.

Vehicle - Rubicon 2021

I just completed my first desert experience in Khaleej desert drive on Nov19,2021 and just loved the experience.Completed all the 6 checkpoints.

Welcome, you have a great toy to enjoy the desert in this beautiful weather 

• Like (+1) 3

Welcome @Antony Abraham. U need to get a radio, a good flag, deflator, air compressor, a decent sized shovel to start off as a newbie. All these are available in Dragon Mart. Please watch all the videos prior to joining a drive with carnity to make you understand the club and its activities. 

See you soon in the sands. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Thomas Varghese Got a good flag, compressor, foldable shovel, deflator.Only waiting for a radio.Any clues on having a GPS ? Trying to get a decent GPS to use and google maps was good during the desert drive but lost signals couple of times.

Any recommendations ?

• Like (+1) 1

Many options:

* GaiaGPS (works on Android and IOS). 

Gaia GPS For Beginners - Discussions - Carnity.com

* Wikiloc (good for recording your tracks. basic functionality)

* Mytrails (Android only).

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

8 minutes ago, Antony Abraham said:

@Thomas Varghese Got a good flag, compressor, foldable shovel, deflator.Only waiting for a radio.Any clues on having a GPS ? Trying to get a decent GPS to use and google maps was good during the desert drive but lost signals couple of times.

Any recommendations ?

Foldable shovel is not very useful. Use Gaia app if you want to have a GPS. To be frank you don't need it for the time being. Marshal's are anyways leading the drive and they know where they are going. They are not going to leave you inside the desert. 

Important Information

Terms of use