•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Fayah to Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 26 Nov 2021

Chaitanya D

@Chaitanya DSorry for the late notice but I can't make it to the drive today, my daughter is not feeling well. 

Wish you all a safe and adventurous drive.

• Sad (0) 1

7 hours ago, Hasan Wahlan said:

@Chaitanya DSorry for the late notice but I can't make it to the drive today, my daughter is not feeling well. 

Wish you all a safe and adventurous drive.

Please remove your rsvp 

8 hours ago, Tareck said:

@Chaitanya D i will not be able to make it, sorry for the inconvenience, see u next time 

Please remove your rsvp

we missed you @Hasan Wahlan and @Tareck

Thank you Dr @Chaitanya D and @Asif Hussain Bhai & @Rizwanm2 for a wonderful drive today. It was the 3rd consecutive drive with the Dr and feels part of the team now😁 . Fayah is really becoming a favourite as there is no churned up tracks like in Swaihan and thankfully no oil exploration/ seismic studies etc  (yet). The first half was really free-flowing and the second half was a good lesson in careful driving with patience in a technical sort of terrain. The convoy drove really well considering the terrain, Special shout out to @Josh T. who was having the first FB+. Well done. @Asif Hussain bhai was a real calming effect at the back never rushing things has given me confidence to approach each obstacle at my own pace. It was a pleasure driving with all of you @Aisha S @Zed @munkybizness. See you all soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

First a photo to summarize our experience, then trip report below:

31977025-3790-4E82-B510-405FD631A1B8.jpeg.0e1b887d86dcd3543e908a369ceb7f74.jpeg

Obviously it's @Asif Hussainbhai who likes to climb these, but @Rizwanm2 also reached similar heights... these XTerra-ers are like cats when they see trees, itching to climb 😂 (btw WhatsApp me for the videos if you want since gallery doesn't accept videos anymore)

Trip Report:

We started off with a nice weather, you can even feel the sand under the feet are cold. Our dear Marshal Dr @Chaitanya D commanded that I should keep some distance, so I did... but then he ran off at 50km/h playing hide-and-seek: I could see his flag hidden behind the dunes and I keep seeking where in tracks did he go to 😅 That was a fun first-half, lots of high-paced criss-crossing and throttling-on-every-flats.

Second-half was very technical, the sand is so soft that when you park, the cars would slowly sink... some refusals and stucks, but nothing that took more than 15mins to recover.

At the end of the technical track, we were awarded with a nice play area as seen in the photo above. It's like seeing gold after shovelling dirt & sand (literally) 😁

I would like to thank our Lead Dr C who trusted me as 2nd Lead and dealt with my banters 😂 Our CF @Rizwanm2 who helped everyone who got refusals and stucks. Our Marshal Sweeper @Asif Hussain who ensured no one is left behind 👍🏻

Also fellow drivers whom I enjoyed chatting before interrupted by our strict time-keeper @Aisha S, Dubaians @munkybizness @Anoop Nair and Sweihan Boy @Josh T. , see you chaps in Liwa!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

First a photo to summarize our experience, then trip report below:

31977025-3790-4E82-B510-405FD631A1B8.jpeg.0e1b887d86dcd3543e908a369ceb7f74.jpeg

Obviously it's @Asif Hussainbhai who likes to climb these, but @Rizwanm2 also reached similar heights... these XTerra-ers are like cats when they see trees, itching to climb 😂 (btw WhatsApp me for the videos if you want since gallery doesn't accept videos anymore)

Trip Report:

We started off with a nice weather, you can even feel the sand under the feet are cold. Our dear Marshal Dr @Chaitanya D commanded that I should keep some distance, so I did... but then he ran off at 50km/h playing hide-and-seek: I could see his flag hidden behind the dunes and I keep seeking where in tracks did he go to 😅 That was a fun first-half, lots of high-paced criss-crossing and throttling-on-every-flats.

Second-half was very technical, the sand is so soft that when you park, the cars would slowly sink... some refusals and stucks, but nothing that took more than 15mins to recover.

At the end of the technical track, we were awarded with a nice play area as seen in the photo above. It's like seeing gold after shovelling dirt & sand (literally) 😁

I would like to thank our Lead Dr C who trusted me as 2nd Lead and dealt with my banters 😂 Our CF @Rizwanm2 who helped everyone who got refusals and stucks. Our Marshal Sweeper @Asif Hussain who ensured no one is left behind 👍🏻

Also fellow drivers whom I enjoyed chatting before interrupted by our strict time-keeper @Aisha S, Dubaians @munkybizness @Anoop Nair and Sweihan Boy @Josh T. , see you chaps in Liwa!

Love your report with admiration @Zed 💙. Great to have you for the enthusiasm, energy and laughter you bring on the drives .

Mean while I caught you doing a lot of shoveling 😜when I was stuck 594A8D79-9848-426B-AC73-A6D85B2577C3.jpeg.41ad2923d40168f685d8a2204babf3f5.jpeg

14 hours ago, Anoop Nair said:

3rd consecutive drive with the Dr and feels part of the team now

Yes we are 👍🏼, well driven even at the back . Good to have you buddy 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you very much @Chaitanya for an exiting drive. I know when i signed up its gonna be super fun drive in AD. Yes of course its another memorable drive for me with @Chaitanya D.

@Zed you perfectly summarized the drive report. nothing more, nothing less. 👍

11 hours ago, Zed said:

and of course how can we say no. when there is such a nice playground in front of us. yes Xterra are wiild cats and it does not shy to climb anything in front of it. 😜

I would love to see some action videos, @Zed please wats app me 050-4630807

special thanks to @Asif Hussain Bhai for watching us from behind and your guidance whenever needed. 

see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Mean while I caught you doing a lot of shoveling 😜when I was stuck 594A8D79-9848-426B-AC73-A6D85B2577C3.jpeg.41ad2923d40168f685d8a2204babf3f5.jpeg

That's my Praying Project Manager look, since there were already enough resource deployed for the shoveling project 😂 What I lack in shoveling, I made up with the V8 tug 😅

Important Information

Terms of use