•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Friday 26 Nov 2021

Wrangeld

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 26 Nov 2021_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  26 Nov  2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

Faisal alhashmi 

prado txl 2011 with centre difflock no rear difflock i stalled bash plate and 2inch lift with dobinson mra suspension 

drive experience in offroading 

i start driving from march till end end f may then i drive back from sept till now.

i drove total of 24 drive  three drive of them were fewbie and 3 drive were intermediate level.

yes front and rear have two hook each

am drive  every friday I prefer morning drive and looking forward to enjoy with you

• Well Done (+2) 1

Good Morning to you all and thank you for signing up for the Carnity Absolute beginner drive. 

It seems that Faisal has already given a great explanation to answer the following three questions that we ask all attendees on this drive as a way of introducing themselves to the Carnity Community.

1. What car do you drive and is the car modified in any way. 
  2. Have you ever driven off road before, and if so please let us know the level of experience.
  3. What are you looking for from joining the club

I would ask that you view the videos on the drive skills and off roading that we published and made available, as this will help you understand some of the basics of convoy driving, and driving in the sand that are important before you even step into your car. 

We are looking forward to meeting you on Friday morning. If by some chance, your plans change, please do let us know and remove your RSVP. You'll understand that the drives are popular and it would be a shame if someone cannot come on the drive because the places are taken but then you do not turn up on the day. 

ALso, if you have any questions about the equipment you need to bring with you, or preparations needed for your car, please ask here it take a look at the hundreds of pages of helpful advice and tips on the Carnity website. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Wrangeld (Richard)

Hey Good Morning, 

Jeep Wrangler 2019 - No Mods, front and rear hooks on bumper 

Experience 1-2 drives, last month I did the desert driving master class with Brett 1-1 which was very worth while doing and now looking to do drives every few weeks. 

all things are pretty straight forward equipment wise  only one is the radio as this will be the first drive iv had to program my radio chanel myself.

see you all friday.

L J

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Wrangeld I have already attend one absolute newbie drive on 12/11/2021, shall I join this week again as I need to improve my driving skill before moving to next level

I have already joined another newbie drive on coming 26th, as I can see the RSVP is not full for this drive, if you can add me to this drive I will remove myself from that drive 

Thanks for your understanding

Dear @Azeem M

We have a rule in Carnity that you cannot attend more than one Absolute Newbie - this is because we use that drive as an assessment of capability to join Newbie drives. Please stick with the drive you are planning on 26th. 

Hope that's clear. 

R

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hello, This is my first time in desert. I have a Pajero 2 door and have equipped myself with all the required equipment. Looking forward to learn 

Hello, 

Lexus GX460, no modifications. No off-road experience. I have deflator with gauge, compressor and sandtracks (not sure if they needed as not in the essential gear list).  I don't have flag, full size shovel and radios yet. Will get them tonight unless I can borrow for tomorrow's ride.

Lexus LX 570. Fully stock with no modifications (yet!!) Some offroad experience on my previous 2 inch lifted GX470 but none on this car so keen to try it out. Deflator, Gauge, shovel and Snatch strap and compressor ready. No flag or radio yet. Looking forward to more drives and more experience! Have the tow hooks and the ground clearance as well! 

Edited by Dr Tanveer Ahmed

7 hours ago, Anton Dimov said:

Hello, 

Lexus GX460, no modifications. No off-road experience. I have deflator with gauge, compressor and sandtracks (not sure if they needed as not in the essential gear list).  I don't have flag, full size shovel and radios yet. Will get them tonight unless I can borrow for tomorrow's ride.

I won’t join. Can’t find flag holders neither in ACE neither speedex, no extinguishers and radio as well. Next time.

Important Information

Terms of use