•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra to Lisaili Mighty Dunes - Dubai - 26 Nov 2021

Drive Brief

The stretch of desert between Al Qudra and Lisaili offers infinite possibilities for desert off-roaders, ranging from small, super-technical dunes to long range, almost endless ridges. This drive will offer a taste of all these terrains at Newbie level, alternating more challenging technical stints to faster and more "driven" ones, enjoying the prevailing long range dune formations. There is however a specific place, where dunes become so high and so big that they well deserve to be named the "Mighty Lisaili Dunes". A majestic conformation which will be the perfect playground for practicing some easy climbs combined with nice slide slopes, the gran finale for this drive, which will end at Lisaili Camel Racing track.

Lisaili.jpg.56509ec29936fff5afd3e928c3a0c06c.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (All Levels)

When:  26 Nov 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Qudra Pylon Track - https://goo.gl/maps/VurDujZbhkNZjGah7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

End Point: Lisaili Camel Race Track

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Br. San said:

Hi, I was registered yesterday as Going and now you put me on waiting list how it's possible What is the purpose of the registration if you play with the attendees list afterwards????

give me an explanation please 

Dear @Br. San,

I am not sure what you mean, as there is no published waitlist (so you cannot possibly know if you are or not in it) and the only waitlisted person in the actual waitlist that I personally manage is @Dinesh Kumar A for his 2nd drive of the weekend. 

Nobody is playing with the attendees, rest assured. At @Carnitywe have clear rules and give everyone equal and fair chances to join any drive they qualify for, as long as they respond properly and timely to the RSVP. 

In the specific case, I am the only one who can alter the attendees of this drive and I haven't removed anyone from the RSVP since Sunday 7pm.

What I can see at the moment is that you have improperly added yourself under the "Manage" tab, not under the "Going" tab, however "Manage" is only available to the @Carnity Support Team, Advisors, Marshals and Crew as these are the seniors who will be supporting the drive.

I suspect you may have accidentally or unknowingly added yourself under the "Manage" tab instead of the "Going" tab. It is unfortunate, but it looks like a genuine mistake, which I have fixed by removing you from the "Manage" tab. 

Having said this, if you haven't responded any other RSVP for the next weekend, I'll regard you as waitlisted for your 1st drive of the weekend. There is almost always someone dropping out, so I'm quite confident you'll get your spot. 

I hope I have answered your question 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Br. San said:

I'm sure at 100% that I was in the going list and not the manage one 

My name appeared in the going list with the logo otherwise I wouldn't react 

You can go to your activity tab to see if you have successfully RSVP or not.

Like Aseem activity tab showing in his profile. He was the first one to RSVP this Lorenzo drive.

This activity history is permanent feature for all users recent activity and no one can edit/remove it.

Screenshot_20211122-234400_Chrome.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

22 minutes ago, Br. San said:

I'm sure at 100% that I was in the going list and not the manage one 

My name appeared in the going list with the logo otherwise I wouldn't react 

Dear @Br. San, as @Gaurav said, you can easily check your Activity history and see that you never actually responded to the RSVP under the "Going" tab (FYI Activity history doesn't capture additions under "Manage" as they are only for support purposes, not for attendees). 

This was the situation recorded by the system at the time when the RSVP reached the 12 attendees limit:

Screenshot_20211122-234211_Slack.jpg.03bceb1e73ea5f08baac15e11b439572.jpg

As you can clearly see, you had improperly added yourself to the "Manage" tab. When you did so, you surely saw your name and your icon listed, probably next to mine, under the "Manage" list but not under the "Going" list, which is what got you confused. 

Later in the day today, I have added @Mukundan Nair in "Manage" as he is part of the Support Team and this is the only alteration made to the above list until a few mins ago, when I removed you from the "Manage" tab, for which you should have also received a notification. 

But as said, stay positive, it is quite likely that someone will drop out before Friday so you'll get your spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Br. San sorry you got confused in the procedure for adding yourself in the drives. @Lorenzo Candelpergher & @Gaurav has explained the procedure in simple language. I can see that you have had only 1 drive with @Carnity and is not very familiar with the procedures in adding yourself for the drive. Every Sunday morning @Gaurav will post a list of drives in the whatsapp group which are planned for that week. This is to give you time to decide on which drive or drives you will choose before the RSVP opens. The RSVP opens exactly at 7pm on Sunday. Just before the RSVP opens @Gaurav will post the drives again in the whatsapp group with the link to the drive description and the RSVP calendar for that particular drive. You can add yourself to the drive by clicking on the going tab. There are 2 tabs. 1 is the Going tab which is for the drivers like us who wish to join the drive. 2nd is the Manage tab which is reserved for the lead and the support team. Under no circumstances we are not to click the Manage tab as its reserved. By mistake you may have hit the manage tab and that is what Lorenzo has referred to. As the RSVP got full Mr. Lorenzo has no option but to waitlist you and add you if anybody drops out which happens most of the time due to various reasons. It can be a family emergency, a work related emergency or a mechanical failure of the car or simply the driver could have some friends dropping in unexpectedly. Can be any X, Y, Z reason and drop outs happen. For @Lorenzo Candelpergher to add you to the drive he should be aware that you have an interest in participating for the drive. You express your interest by expressing your intention by dropping in a message on the drive thread. eg. @Br. San Please WL for this drive - 1st drive or 2nd drive. Now what is 1st drive and what is 2nd drive? As per club rules a driver can RSVP for 1 drive when the calendar opens on Sunday 7 pm. Same time if he finds another drive which is interesting at another time can waitlist on that drive thread by expressing his wish through a message on that thread. The 2nd drive becomes the 2nd drive of the weekend. It has to be clearly mentioned. In case the RSVP gets full before you clicked for your 1st drive you can immediately message on the drive thread to WL you for that drive. Mention that its your 1st drive in your message in the drive thread. This way the Marshal knows you have no other drives for that weekend and will give you preference to be added  over the driver who has WL for his 2nd drive. In case you have any inconvenience in joining a drive due to any reason and have already RSVP'd then drop a message in the drive thread and immediately click the leave button so that other drivers who have WL gets a chance.  

I hope now the procedure is clear for you. Please note that @Carnity is a very professionally run club and doesn't favor any driver over another in these matters. @Carnity teaches you well to drive your 4X4 in the desert in the most safest way without causing any mechanical damage to the car. If at all any mechanical issue occurs its purely because you entered the drive without checking your car properly prior to the drive. In case any such issue occurs you can count on the trip lead and the support team to assist you to recover the car to the tarmac. They are not to leave you stranded in the most harshest environments to fend for yourself. As a driver which has done 80 drives in this club I can vouch for this. 

See you soon wrooming in the desert and hope we drive together 1 day.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use