Jump to content

Desert Champions Trophy - 2021 - Winning Team

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had removed the hard top last year. You can do it yourself if you have access to 1 or 2 of your friends who can help lift the hard top. All you need is the tool set provided by Jeep to remove it.

I use this trolley to keep and move the roof.  https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B00EPXCVJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apip_SW2Q5Z4qwLI2F Just make sure you measure all dimensions, as the height of the roof on trol

Hahaha...after the wrath of my wife I faced after i bought Dyson fan for my office, doubt I can convince to buy Rubicon co-branded Dyson vacuum ...😂😂 Though at times I do introspect about why I b

Posted Images

On 11/21/2021 at 10:42 PM, Reggie Landicho said:

Winter is here and having a Wrangler, I think removing the hard top is the usual practice.

Please advice where do you bring your ride to remove hard top? Cost est?

Where do yo store them?

How do you secure the gears inside your car?

Looking forward for your advice.

Hey @Reggie Landicho reg storage somehow the under mat storage is pretty good in JLU, I fit in most stuff there (rope, shackles, med kit, deflator, guage, Leatherman set etc) other than compressor which for me goes between seats while driving.. not sure you driving 4d or 2d and if there's a diff..

For shovel and extinguisher I have them hanging on the roll cage in trunk using C clamps and extinguisher belt...

Screenshot_20211122-231629.jpg

Screenshot_20211122-231607.jpg

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hey @Reggie Landicho reg storage somehow the under mat storage is pretty good in JLU, I fit in most stuff there (rope, shackles, med kit, deflator, guage, Leatherman set etc) other than compressor which for me goes between seats while driving.. not sure you driving 4d or 2d and if there's a diff..

For shovel and extinguisher I have them hanging on the roll cage in trunk using C clamps and extinguisher belt...

Screenshot_20211122-231629.jpg

Screenshot_20211122-231607.jpg

Thanks Guys, apologies, my question was not clear about securing gear.  I mean if we remove the hard top, the whole car is basically open. So how do you keep the gears inside secure and don’t get stolen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Reggie Landicho said:

Thanks Guys, apologies, my question was not clear about securing gear.  I mean if we remove the hard top, the whole car is basically open. So how do you keep the gears inside secure and don’t get stolen?

Hi @Reggie Landicho this has been on back of mind then convinced myself I don't have much things and Dubai is a safe place...😂

However I do have the soft mesh that I have installed in my car. I haven't got the one for trunk but is in my list. 

There are good options at reasonable price available at Amazon and very easy to connect. Ofcourse for full flexibility you can add in complete soft top from Bestop or similar available for around 5k. 

Screenshot_20211123-084214.jpg

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Reggie Landicho this has been on back of mind then convinced myself I don't have much things and Dubai is a safe place...😂

However I do have the soft mesh that I have installed in my car. I haven't got the one for trunk but is in my list. 

There are good options at reasonable price available at Amazon and very easy to connect. Ofcourse for full flexibility you can add in complete soft top from Bestop or similar available for around 5k. 

Screenshot_20211123-084214.jpg

Oh yes this is already in my list😃.

 

Thank you @Ilya, @varunmehndiratta🙏 Appreciate all the inputs.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reggie Landicho said:

So how do you keep the gears inside secure and don’t get stolen?

It shouldn't be an issue in Dubai (my pump, other stuff was always there, and never felt a risk that something could happen)

Also, if you are not satisfied with the cleanliness standards after washing (for example, it is very difficult to remove sand from the material coating in the trunk and the floor - you don't see it, but its there) or just want to clean interior more often than going to the carwash, you can buy a cordless vacuum cleaner (my option). The bonus is that the tube is "co-branded" with Rubicon 😁

 

IMG_1759.JPG

Edited by Ilya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use