Wrangler Hard Top Questions

2 minutes ago, Ilya said:

I have this one and its perfect - cat’s won’t have any chances to get in

https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07S69X1YP/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apip_iotCJzENrCjAT

Looks cooler...will.go for this..👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:42 PM, Reggie Landicho said:

Winter is here and having a Wrangler, I think removing the hard top is the usual practice.

Please advice where do you bring your ride to remove hard top? Cost est?

Where do yo store them?

How do you secure the gears inside your car?

Looking forward for your advice.

Hey @Reggie Landicho reg storage somehow the under mat storage is pretty good in JLU, I fit in most stuff there (rope, shackles, med kit, deflator, guage, Leatherman set etc) other than compressor which for me goes between seats while driving.. not sure you driving 4d or 2d and if there's a diff..

For shovel and extinguisher I have them hanging on the roll cage in trunk using C clamps and extinguisher belt...

Screenshot_20211122-231629.jpg

Screenshot_20211122-231607.jpg

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hey @Reggie Landicho reg storage somehow the under mat storage is pretty good in JLU, I fit in most stuff there (rope, shackles, med kit, deflator, guage, Leatherman set etc) other than compressor which for me goes between seats while driving.. not sure you driving 4d or 2d and if there's a diff..

For shovel and extinguisher I have them hanging on the roll cage in trunk using C clamps and extinguisher belt...

Screenshot_20211122-231629.jpg

Screenshot_20211122-231607.jpg

Thanks Guys, apologies, my question was not clear about securing gear.  I mean if we remove the hard top, the whole car is basically open. So how do you keep the gears inside secure and don’t get stolen?

27 minutes ago, Reggie Landicho said:

Thanks Guys, apologies, my question was not clear about securing gear.  I mean if we remove the hard top, the whole car is basically open. So how do you keep the gears inside secure and don’t get stolen?

Hi @Reggie Landicho this has been on back of mind then convinced myself I don't have much things and Dubai is a safe place...😂

However I do have the soft mesh that I have installed in my car. I haven't got the one for trunk but is in my list. 

There are good options at reasonable price available at Amazon and very easy to connect. Ofcourse for full flexibility you can add in complete soft top from Bestop or similar available for around 5k. 

Screenshot_20211123-084214.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Reggie Landicho this has been on back of mind then convinced myself I don't have much things and Dubai is a safe place...😂

However I do have the soft mesh that I have installed in my car. I haven't got the one for trunk but is in my list. 

There are good options at reasonable price available at Amazon and very easy to connect. Ofcourse for full flexibility you can add in complete soft top from Bestop or similar available for around 5k. 

Screenshot_20211123-084214.jpg

Oh yes this is already in my list😃.

Thank you @Ilya, @varunmehndiratta🙏 Appreciate all the inputs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reggie Landicho said:

So how do you keep the gears inside secure and don’t get stolen?

It shouldn't be an issue in Dubai (my pump, other stuff was always there, and never felt a risk that something could happen)

Also, if you are not satisfied with the cleanliness standards after washing (for example, it is very difficult to remove sand from the material coating in the trunk and the floor - you don't see it, but its there) or just want to clean interior more often than going to the carwash, you can buy a cordless vacuum cleaner (my option). The bonus is that the tube is "co-branded" with Rubicon 😁

IMG_1759.JPG

Edited by Ilya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2