•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 4 Dec- 2021

M.Seidam

@M.Seidamfantastic drive today appreciate all the knowledge we gained from your leadership. As challenging and fun and most of all the team work to get through the couple of issues we had on the drive. True Carnity. Great team thanks to all @munkybizness@Anoop Nair@Charbel@Felix Obst@Imteeaz Goolamhossen@Alexander Holodny@Gertjan@Alfred Alinazar@Prakash Anoop great to meet new and old faces, great drive by all really enjoyed it made special by you all. Thanks again.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Gertjan said:

Thanks @M.Seidam, Carnity team, great drive!

Some pictures loaded in the gallery: 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1107-fewbie-qudra-dubai-4-dec-2021

Thanks @Gertjan 

nice driving and beautiful pictures 👍

1 hour ago, Davie Chase said:

@M.Seidamfantastic drive today appreciate all the knowledge we gained from your leadership. As challenging and fun and most of all the team work to get through the couple of issues we had on the drive. True Carnity. Great team thanks to all @munkybizness@Anoop Nair@Charbel@Felix Obst@Imteeaz Goolamhossen@Alexander Holodny@Gertjan@Alfred Alinazar@Prakash Anoop great to meet new and old faces, great drive by all really enjoyed it made special by you all. Thanks again.

Thanks @Davie Chase you drove like a pro today and much appreciate your experience and willing to help . True spirit of a team work indeed . Glad you enjoyed 👍🙏

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you Dr @M.Seidam for this super smooth and exciting drive. always a pleasure to drive with you, the way you led the convoy and the care and attention you showed to every driver is exemplary. see you soon. 🤘

20211204_072114.jpg

Edited by Charbel
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gertjan said:

Thanks @M.Seidam, Carnity team, great drive!

Some pictures loaded in the gallery: 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1107-fewbie-qudra-dubai-4-dec-2021

Thanks @Gertjan. What a beautiful picture.  Must have been taken by a very talented photographer 

• Like (+1) 4

It was a wonderful drive today. Thanks for leading us on the drive today Dr @M.Seidam. I learned a lot today. Not only about the tyre issue, but also how to understand how my car behave during the maneuver 

Special thanks to all the team for helping with the tyre issue and patience to wait for my car to be recovered. See you again in the sand @M.Seidam, @Adhir Saxena, @Gertjan, @Imteeaz Goolamhossen, @Alexander Holodny, @Anoop Nair, @Davie Chase, @Felix Obst, @Prakash Anoop and @munkybizness

• Like (+1) 6

Drive Report

Dear friends ,

@Davie Chase @munkybizness @Anoop Nair @Charbel@Felix Obst @Imteeaz Goolamhossen @Alexander Holodny @Gertjan @Alfred Alinazar @Prakash Anoop

These days the morning is becoming more cool and a drive along with such fine people like you guys is even more fun and cool .

After the drive briefing the convoy started on an easy rhythm so everyone could get accustom and warm up with the first side slope that it was done one by one and I have to say that it was a treat to see every one enjoying his own machine smooth and nice . After which we did this over and over as a convoy till we jumped to the next level of crossing mixed between criss cross and straight up/down fashion depending on the given opportunity and what the terrain dictates. Technicality is part of the mixed drive like today. Every one did great. 
upon the first stop for a short break Alfred realised his right back tire was almost flat and it turned out that a mini pop out occurred dislodging sand particles which precluded proper sealing. As a team we managed to get it fixed somehow and we continued our journey of rock and roll . During the way we met the convoy of @Ale Vallecchi in a “mystery “ that took them to right direction ( from Ale’’s post ) 😎 and with a click turning it on channel two we greated their convoy with mutual loud smiles😄
We passed the second patch of technical with maybe two refusals and carried on to the third set of long range dunes where their Valleys were designed by nice shaped rock formations . Sweeping the length over the relatively flat ridges  and medium to short slip faces was more than wonderful and a chance to steer it in control . Continuing east and south till we joined the pylon track ( which it’s  continuation more south will lead you to Abudhabi boarders )… not that far🤣 we did ,instead, enter the desert again shortly west to north west craving for the shade and water and it was my favorite crescent lake 🏝

image.jpeg.990c50673bddf0502409d2d686906594.jpeg

After eventually we replaced Alfred’s Vehicle tire ( spare same size but different brand  ) as the problem seems to persist, again I came to the decision of early exit or an extension of up to 30 min to our planned exit . Everyone agreed for the extra time and the last chapter was really epic and challenging and I believe every one was up to the challenge. I always keep plan B and C if necessary. And today plan B turned even more thrill and challenge Than just to snake the slip faces back. I was forced toward the super technical area along parallel with pylon/ cycle track and here couple refusals and one awesome  crest all managed with no rope recoveries by all the collective team work in no time. Redirecting the convoy and we existed this super tricky area safely toward the exit point .

I enjoyed today leading this trip and on top of that the true spirit of team work which was evident by every one in their active contribution to help and assist as well adhering to the drive and convoy discipline and respect to Mother Nature made our day so smooth nice interesting and joyful making any issue throughout like piece of cake .

thank you again every one all by his name for this wonderful day out 

till next time wish you a wonderful time drive safe 

cheers 🙏👍

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Look at this beautiful convoy of ridge-riders. This was my view for most parts of the day :)

Since excellent drive reports have already preceded my post, I won't labour the point any more.

Firstly, thank you @M.Seidamfor your lead. From driving with you in support to now being on two drives under your leadership, it's truly a great experience coming out with you. From getting the convoy into a good pace for the first leg, slowly building up their confidence between long-range dunes and then tight twisties, it was a great warm up given we had some shivering at the briefing ;) 

@Charbel - taking on the SL at the very last minute can be daunting but you played that role with elan. We hardly had any major re-routes because you were always giving Doc enough space to choose his path and then leading the convoy there. We haven't driven together in a very long time.

@Anoop Nair - As the second most experienced driver on this convoy, I was always safe in the knowledge that the center was in the strongest and most deft hands. Always a pleasure to be on a drive with you :)

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen - It always warms me up to see another Y61 on the convoy. From the thrill in your voice at the stops, it was clear that you were having a ton of fun up front. Great drive!

@Gertjan - Definitely didn't look like your first FB. Great job!

@Alexander Holodny - Excellent throttle management with the Montero. It really shows how much you're getting to know your car!

@Prakash Anoop - Effortless driving at the back and cool as a cucumber even with your fiery red Wrangler.

@Davie Chase - Thank you for stepping in and supporting on the tire pop-out and swaps. Also, your experience in the field with jacks and how to change spares was a great lesson for the entire convoy. It also meant that Doc Seidam always had a second pair of able and knowledgeable hands to assist and run ideas off.

@Felix Obst - Thank you for jumping into action in every recovery. Also, all those rocks did not slow you down one bit. Excellent driving in the back too!

@Alfred Alinazar - Some days are just tougher than others. Every single one of us has been there, and will be there again. But most importantly, great job on keeping your nerves together. I've been quite rattled in the past after a pop-out (I've had 3) that it took upwards of an hour to get my confidence back. Add to that, driving at the end of the convoy is always challenging because the sand is the most churned up here. If you can find a less churned up track not too far off the main track that eases your path, please do that. Pushing through the tracks of 9 cars especially when climbing will severely impact how much momentum you have left when you get to the top. Great job exiting early and safely when you did to loop again. Also, the rear tire did not help you much today. Beyond that, excellent drive in the back!

Thank you all for a great day out - and ending it with that painting of a sky was a special treat :) 

See you all out on the sands soon!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Well done @munkybizness thank you for the detailed and superb report . your sweep was fantastic with clear communication of what was happening in the back . Now I know why I will choose you to sweep next time , in addition you were excellent, but for the amazing capture that told more than half of the story 😉

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use