•  

Full Day Newbie Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 02 Dec 2021 - Chaitanya

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  02 Dec 2021, Thursday

Meeting time: 7:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/bZ77eVtDJqDhGJBm7
You can come early and camp in same starting point if you like.

Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/D6t1rXkuecZScyPZ9

NO 100 Liters of FUEL = NO DRIVE - Carry additional jerry cans accordingly

• SWB Cars = 2 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • LWB Cars = 1 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • 100+ liter fuel tank cars = No need for extra fuel.

Lunch Break: 1 Hour in between with couple of short breaks (if needed).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, lunch, snacks, face mask, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 4:00 PM

End Point: https://goo.gl/maps/hcRAsNvzKXnFDTMm7

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 Newbies and above drivers. RSVP will close on 29 Nov, Monday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Salman Farooq is this is your first drive with Carnity??

I see you don’t have any drives mentioned in your profile which means you have to join a absolute newbie drive first - mandatory in Carnity off road club.

Important check list for all members signed up on this drive 

please read thoroughly and acknowledge by clicking totally agree 

1. Please ensure that you are there at the meeting point on 7:30 AM sharp. Late comers would be sent back. 
2. Firstly, get lots and lots of rest the previous day. The more the better as Liwa will not only challenge your vehicle but your mind as well. We would need your complete focus and fatigue due to less rest is the last thing that is needed on such a terrain. For those who prefer camping the previous night, you can do so at the starting point as its a nice spaced out area. Bring some firewood incase if you wish to have a bonfire to keep you warm. Cleaning up after the bonfire is mandatory.
3. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up.
4. 20 Liter / 40 litre fuel jerry can is needed depending on your vehicle. If you have any doubts, please post your query on the drive post and we will assist.
5. A full fuel tank at the meeting point.
6. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).
7. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,
8. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along.
9. Please ensure that you know how to switch off traction control (turning off Air bags is not mandatory for this drive). If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist.
10. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.
11. Plenty of water, approx 5 litre per person per day.
12. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.
13. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving
14. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

• Totally Agree (+2) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

I see you don’t have any drives mentioned in your profile which means you have to join a absolute newbie drive first - mandatory in Carnity off road club.

1. Please ensure that you are there at the meeting point on 7:30 AM sharp. Late comers would be sent back. 
2. Firstly, get lots and lots of rest the previous day. The more the better as Liwa will not only challenge your vehicle but your mind as well. We would need your complete focus and fatigue due to less rest is the last thing that is needed on such a terrain. For those who prefer camping the previous night, you can do so at the starting point as its a nice spaced out area. Bring some firewood incase if you wish to have a bonfire to keep you warm. Cleaning up after the bonfire is mandatory.
3. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up.
4. 20 Liter / 40 litre fuel jerry can is needed depending on your vehicle. If you have any doubts, please post your query on the drive post and we will assist.
6. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).
8. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along.
9. Please ensure that you know how to switch off traction control (turning off Air bags is not mandatory for this drive). If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist.
12. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.
14. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

Hi Chaitanya, thanks for info. My patrol's tank capacity is 115 ltrs. Is it require to have jerry can?

Just now, kiranshinde said:

Hi Chaitanya, thanks for info. My patrol's tank capacity is 115 ltrs. Is it require to have jerry can?

Please calculate accordingly as patrols consume more fuel  especially the V8 monster 

about 150 km of off roading  ( approx with the waiting times depending on convoy response ).

2 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Please calculate accordingly as patrols consume more fuel  especially the V8 monster 

about 150 km of off roading  ( approx with the waiting times depending on convoy response ).

Hi I am having V6. Seems its enough i need to fill tank at last gas station. Thnx.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Muhammad Qasim said:

I can't find totally agree option on website but I am totally agreed and all set. 

Thanks 

U need to click on the emoticons to get your options and click totally agree 

54084394-9D76-4781-BC71-721079300CB2.jpeg.eb3acb534891fca167afb6991b1ff3e4.jpeg

13 minutes ago, kiranshinde said:

Hi I am having V6. Seems its enough i need to fill tank at last gas station. Thnx.  

Please click totally agree after reading the whole post , Tnx 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Chaitanya D

i am planning to bring my wife and my 3 year old son, among for this drive. My son will be well strapped in a baby chair appropriately as always. Also I will be carrying all his supplies along with ours. Hope it’s should meet the needs and kids are allowed on this drive. He has already been on a BBQ drive and had enjoyed. Just let me know if any concerns. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Chaitanya D 1 X20L can should be enough for 3.8/V6 Pajero right? please let me know if i need more. I also plan to be there overnight. :) 

5 hours ago, Sudhanva Sonawane said:

Hi @Chaitanya D

i am planning to bring my wife and my 3 year old son, among for this drive. My son will be well strapped in a baby chair appropriately as always. Also I will be carrying all his supplies along with ours. Hope it’s should meet the needs and kids are allowed on this drive. He has already been on a BBQ drive and had enjoyed. Just let me know if any concerns. 

Hi dear @Sudhanva Sonawanecoming with small kids for a full day drive in Liwa is not allowed . Terrain is vast and challenging with no close exits just in case 

3 hours ago, Vishal Nair said:

@Chaitanya D 1 X20L can should be enough for 3.8/V6 Pajero right? please let me know if i need more. I also plan to be there overnight. :) 

Please calculate as per your current fuel tank. What is advised is to have a combined fuel of 100 L when you arrive at start point. 
ALL THIS IS MENTIONED CLEARLY IN THE DRIVE POST 

Important Information

Terms of use