•  

Full Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 02 Dec 2021 - Asif

Asif Hussain

Thanks to the The OG Yellow Truck marshal @Asif Hussain. When I heard about the drive I totally knew who to go with. After driven with you last year I was looking forward to a great drive with you. Thanks to @Shaaz Shafor switching positions with @Asif Hussainbhai to make it a drive a success. Thanks a lot to @Jeepie for keeping an eye at the back. 

After previous nights total memory loss, I was glad I didn’t cause much issues, tho was feeling a bit snoozy and tried to steal a few 💤 whenever I could. 

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper @Josh T.  @Gok Krish @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Zed @Chris Wing @Xavier Treasurer @Asif Hussain @Shaaz Sha posted the pictures in the gallery. Thanks again everyone for an amazing drive.

• Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jeepie said:

@Looper @Josh T.  @Gok Krish @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Zed @Chris Wing @Xavier Treasurer @Asif Hussain @Shaaz Sha posted the pictures in the gallery. Thanks again everyone for an amazing drive.

Thanks for all the great pictures in the gallery. I’ve just added pictures also.

• Like (+1) 2

Hello Guys. It was a golden opportunity for me as a lead to have another LL session from @Asif Hussainwho have mastered in LIWA. It was my first drive with him and first time to LIWA desert. It was a wonderful experience to make it to the yellow truck leading a convoy and under the supervision and guidance of @Asif Hussain . The terrain as you all know was totally different from what we find in dubai and Sharjah and the way of approaching the dunes itself was different in this part .!!! We had a real strong convoy to take up the challenges. On our way way to the yellow truck we had a break in a farm..which was again a different experience. Reaching the yellow truck it was another surprise for all of us to see the truck painted in yellow and UAE flag behind..and for me my second attempt to make it there and the first accomplished one. The second half of the drive it was @Asif Hussainturn to show us the real nature and fun of the LIWA sands... really loved those deep slopes and massive bowls....and much more from the legend. Thank you sir for making it possible for me to experience LIWA as a lead and  for the rest of the convoy to make it to the yellow truck and enjoy the LIWA drive. Thanks to @Jeepie for sweeping the convoy and helping us in recoveries. It was a pleasure to be with @Xavier Treasurer, @Looper, @Zed, @Gok Krish, @Karthikeyan Govindarajan, @Chris Wingand @Josh T...Guys enjoyed the drive with you. @Josh T.did an amazing job in exiting the broke down car to the tarmac. keep it up bro.. Thank you guys once again and hope to catch up with you soon. some pics in gallery ☺️🙏

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Zed @xavier @Looper @Gok Krish @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Josh T. It was an absolute pleasure driving with you all. Great driving skills by everyone and I couldn't have though of a better group to spend the day in Liwa. We experienced everything in this drive and had to deal with difficult situations but teamwork prevailed! The V8 of @Josh T. prevailed for sure by towing Asif's car out of the desert :P Got lots of cool photos and can't wait for the next edition of Liwa. 

Big thanks to @Asif Hussain for this memorable drive and hope you can get your car fixed quickly to hit the dunes again. @Shaaz Sha and @Jeepie thanks for the amazing help and guidance throughout the day. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi Guys, I am a little late to post this...Thanks @Asif Hussain for the great start. You were selfless in your approach submitting your vehicle for the sacrifice at the start, hope now car is okay, nothing major.  May be out trip went off smoothly accomplishing great heights and drops clocking a lot of kms at a decent pace. Thanks @Shaaz Shafor the taking over, great drive it was - just out of the world stuff...

@Looperas always my reliable partner to check how his wrangler is performing vs mine w.r.t temperature but I found he now has some extras 1) refrigerator useful for the evenings 2) winch useful for the drives 3) last but not the least, he also has a crawl mode on sand, which was loving demoed the previous night 

@Josh T. Good to see u....

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan Nice to see u, first time drive with you

@Chris Wing will come to pick your brain if i went to buy the FJ - hope u will close your loop with all your country men soon

@Xavier Treasurer Great guys, good meeting Pak @Zed where are the drone videos? @Xavier TreasurerSame here, after while meeting you, and was cannot forget your rescue attempt for Karthik with no showel, rope etc... ha ha but you offered him moral support we know....

@Jeepie Thanks always for you keeping the count of the flock from the back .... Great to travel with you, thanks for the LnM Menthols, after that I have not touched them :) See u all soon!!!!!

PS: the first 9 minutes reach us to the farms. from the 9th to the 15th minutes is where the huge drops are captured.

Edited by Gok Krish
Added some text
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Asif Hussain @Shaaz Sha @Jeepie @Looper @Josh T. @Gok Krish @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Chris Wing @Xavier Treasurer  the drone videos are finally here (a week late better than nothing 😁)

All your photos & videos are also in this Shared Google Drive (will delete after a month to save space):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fZiLd7W72NA22CAisBgQHshLopXMgumO?usp=sharing 

Drone Vids:

• Like (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use