•  

Full Day Fewbie Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2021 - Richard

Wrangeld

What a beautiful drive. Thank You @Wrangeldand @Jeepie

@NikiThank you for the support to all those had refusal . Pleasure meeting you. 

@Pacific as a second lead you did an amazing job. It was fun to drive behind you.

@Waqas Parvez  @Daniel Rodas @AlexM it was a pleasure to drive alongside in this convoy. Looking forward to many more drives with you guys. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I trully have great appretiation for @Wrangeld, @Jeepie, @Pacific and @Niki, and of course my fellow convoy mates @Waqas Parvezand @AlexM

I do not remeber a day that I drove that much since my college times :)

And what a great statement for what @Carnityis, such a variety of terrains, leadership styles and skill levels makes any new drive a trully unique learning experience, always with with a new trick or challenge to make the drivers more skilled or confortable with these new situations.

Fear of heights? Go to Liwa then problem solved 🤣

A say from friends who are into sailing works well to describe what I feel after this drive... "A superior captain uses his superior judgment to avoid situations which require the use of his superior skill" I do believe we are all being led to become superior "captains" one day... thanks folks!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld did not feel like you were leading in Liwa for the 1st time,felt always confident and comfortable,the drive was perfectly balanced with unlimited fun and excitement 

I must say i am still having an hangover of the drive😅,it felt like we were driving in Mars, never in my life i have seen such big dunes as daniel said would not be afraid of any big dunes 😎 in future 

@Pacific excellent 2nd lead and @Jeepie was rock solid guiding us

@Niki thank you for helping me self recover and continous encouragement

@AlexM@Daniel Rodas @Vaibhav felt always confident along with you guyz what an amazing conveyor

Would be looking forward to drive with the same group in near future 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

53 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

And you can say what a lot of people cannot: you made it to Yellow Truck, and out. 

And I'm one of those who cannot, two days in a row - failed to reach Yellow Truck.

54 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Post Drive Report Liwa Yellow Truck

What a day! Any Yellow Truck drive is an accomplishment that cannot be under estimated. Control, concentration, composure and guts are needed to cope with this as a first time drive - moreso, when your lead has only been there once before and that as 18 months before. 

True CHAMPION. Bravo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, Wrangeld said:

What a day! Any Yellow Truck drive is an accomplishment that cannot be under estimated. Control, concentration, composure and guts are needed to cope with this as a first time drive - moreso, when your lead has only been there once before and that as 18 months before. 

This was a Rock Solid Crew day: Everyone on this convoy was fantastic, throughout. 

@Pacific your 2nd lead was impeccable. Adjusting and leading the convoy away from the moments where I got stuck (two in particular were excellent). I really appreciate the support that you brought to the front of the convoy. 

@Niki having your calm, encouraging, insightful support MUST have made every recovery easier for the few times it was needed. Your driving was immense, taking everything in your stride and apparently enjoying every second. Your energy incredible and infectious. 

@Jeepie Is the inly one who knows quite how terrified I was of heights (well to be accurate, it's not the heights it's the rapid deceleration on landing that scares me, the falling but is OK). Not only is it a pleasure to know you're there on a drive supporting and keeping everything tidy, but sharing the experience (albeit in different cars) was fantastic. 

The convoy @Vaibhav, we are waiting for the photos and the drone video, @Waqas Parvez you proved why the promotion you requested was justified - in spades - @Daniel Rodas 2nd drive in 2 weeks and I really want to see more of what you can do, @AlexM strong, quite silent, but deadly effective. Bottom line, you were brilliant.

Managing to get to and from Yellow Truck without more than a few refusals among the convoy cannot be underestimated. You don't get there and back without having had to drive through numerous challenges and obstacles. As I think was explained by Pacific, this was an intermediate drive in terms of challenges, driven at fewbie speed. 

As an exploration drive, I think that we covered as much of the Liwa experience as possible. Massive climbs, making Faya look miniscule, massive descents, dwarfing Fossil Rock, some play in bowls (but not much, admittedly), and high technical sections. For me, the challenge was overcoming my fear of heights - yes, the Liwa lead, where the drive is all about massive descents has a problem with that - but your patience and trust in my leadership got me through, and we all got through safely, carefully and with having had a challenging long day out. I factored in much more recovery time in my drive plan - which in the end we did not need, so had the pleasure of exiting in daylight and people being able to return home while it was still light. 

Maybe next time out, we can go and play more on the bowls and have more aggressive challenges, but by then you are already an old hand in Liwa. And you can say what a lot of people cannot: you made it to Yellow Truck, and out. 

Thanks for everything guys. I am really proud that I got to share my first proper Liwa lead with you. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Thank you Richard! Enjoying driving with you and realizing how much wisdon counts on difficult terrains.

It's clear you plan the trips with an objective in mind and prioritizes safety and integrity of the cars over taking unecessary risks. I trully value this trait of yours, cheers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, Wrangeld said:

This was a Rock Solid Crew day: Everyone on this convoy was fantastic, throughout. 

@Pacific your 2nd lead was impeccable. Adjusting and leading the convoy away from the moments where I got stuck (two in particular were excellent). I really appreciate the support that you brought to the front of the convoy. 

@Niki having your calm, encouraging, insightful support MUST have made every recovery easier for the few times it was needed. Your driving was immense, taking everything in your stride and apparently enjoying every second. Your energy incredible and infectious. 

@Jeepie Is the inly one who knows quite how terrified I was of heights (well to be accurate, it's not the heights it's the rapid deceleration on landing that scares me, the falling but is OK). Not only is it a pleasure to know you're there on a drive supporting and keeping everything tidy, but sharing the experience (albeit in different cars) was fantastic. 

The convoy @Vaibhav, we are waiting for the photos and the drone video, @Waqas Parvez you proved why the promotion you requested was justified - in spades - @Daniel Rodas 2nd drive in 2 weeks and I really want to see more of what you can do, @AlexM strong, quite silent, but deadly effective. Bottom line, you were brilliant.

Managing to get to and from Yellow Truck without more than a few refusals among the convoy cannot be underestimated. You don't get there and back without having had to drive through numerous challenges and obstacles. As I think was explained by Pacific, this was an intermediate drive in terms of challenges, driven at fewbie speed. 

As an exploration drive, I think that we covered as much of the Liwa experience as possible. Massive climbs, making Faya look miniscule, massive descents, dwarfing Fossil Rock, some play in bowls (but not much, admittedly), and high technical sections. For me, the challenge was overcoming my fear of heights - yes, the Liwa lead, where the drive is all about massive descents has a problem with that - but your patience and trust in my leadership got me through, and we all got through safely, carefully and with having had a challenging long day out. I factored in much more recovery time in my drive plan - which in the end we did not need, so had the pleasure of exiting in daylight and people being able to return home while it was still light. 

Maybe next time out, we can go and play more on the bowls and have more aggressive challenges, but by then you are already an old hand in Liwa. And you can say what a lot of people cannot: you made it to Yellow Truck, and out. 

Thanks for everything guys. I am really proud that I got to share my first proper Liwa lead with you. 

See you soon in the sand. 

I am speechless and running short of words but will manage to write a bit....excellent convoy @Vaibhav @Waqas Parvez @Daniel Rodas @AlexM.... @Niki a true samaritan offering coffee in morning hours.  Thanks @Jeepie for stealth support.  @Wrangeld true of about intermediate drive with fewbie speed, with most of stepping down the dunes and then climbing may be 50to60 pink rocks over the drive. Few refusals managed pretty well with ease. Richard got some nasty refusal but believe me ,I have seen it as amazing self recovery, especially driving reverse up the slope. The sand was deceptive ,spots appearing hard eventually turning out to soft like butter ,at time difficult to judge.  But all that end well is good. Hurrah we made it. Kudos to all. Hope to see you all with such great enthusiasm.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use