•  

Full Day Fewbie Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2021 - Richard

Wrangeld

10 minutes ago, kiranshinde said:

Hi wrangled, i am at newbie level and registerd for 2nd dec drive. I dnt know how i am in this list or may be i have clicked this drive by error. Now i have left event. Sorry for inconvenience. 

Hi Kiran, 

Well done. Yes, you must have hit the wrong button. That's fine and enjoy your drive on 2nd. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Liwa Leaders, 

Some additional housekeeping for our drive. 
  • niki @Niki will be our centre forward (as he will be the most rested person on the drive
  • Jeepie @Jeepie will sweep - a much more critical job than usual because of the fact that rerouting here or returning is so challenging
  • Pacific @Pacific will be taking on the 2nd lead role as the next most experienced driver on the convoy. 

It's likely that the convoy in between will then be: 

@Vaibhav (3)  @AlexM (4) @Daniel Rodas (6) @Waqas Parvez (7)

We will decide on radio channel in the morning based on what other convoys are using. 

Get a good night's sleep. We will be leaving at 7.30, so don't be late. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, Niki said:

Based on the above advice (thank you @Wrangeld) - I have now decided to camp :) ... i aim to arrive at the meeting point in the evening (after work approx 8PM).  safe travels all and see you Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. 

I will be camping ,will leave Dubai around 6,so hopefully around 9 should be there at meeting point. If it is dark wanna do some night photography of stars, will see.

Just now, Pacific said:

I will be camping ,will leave Dubai around 6,so hopefully around 9 should be there at meeting point. If it is dark wanna do some night photography of stars, will see.

0565836979, in case we can get connected at meeting point related stuff .

• Like (+1) 2

I am now likely to leave DxB late so am staying in a hotel and will meet you all tomorrow morning - love the idea of some nighttime astro @Pacific!!! we need to arrange the next winter drive with camping as a astro photography trip and convince Fred to take us to AL Qua :)

Safe travels today and looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Simply the greatest drive I have personally experienced with Carnity! 

@Wrangeld I know you left tired, drained mentally and physically, however, all the care you put in paid off! THANKYOU! 

brilliant convoy - any stucks were all masterfully self recovered, patience and good humor throughout! 

thank you @Pacific @Vaibhav @Waqas Parvez @Daniel Rodas  @AlexM and @Jeepie for making this such a special trip! 

@Srikumar I apologize for not keeping to my word and staying back post drive- I finished on such a high that it felt best to use that energy to ride home in daylight! 

safe and fun day 2 drives for those still there in Liwa 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use