•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 4 Dec 2021

Shaaz Sha

Thank you @Shaaz Sha for the drive, and well done on taking a Fewbie convoy into such a technical and challenging terrain that is Shuwaib. It was definitely a good occasion to learn and practice some skills that will help Fewbies go to the next level. In this terrain one needs to keep a good pace so you don't loose momentum while keeping a focused eye on the car in front as the risks of refusals are many. And I do believe the convoy was up to the challenge today. 

Having @JeromeFJ as 2nd lead and support is a blessing. Your experience in rerouting and managing the convoy is valuable. Same for recoveries and tricky situations. Plus, you have proven many times before and today how helpful and knowledgeable you are in supporting.

@Joji varghese didn't get the chance to see you much as you were closely and perfectly sticking to Jerome's tracks.

@Reggie Landicho you have to get extra credits for driving a manual. We often forget how different and technical it is to shift gears especially on soft sand. Remember, momentum is your friend, sometimes giving it an extra push in the beginning can help you cross the dunes.

@FARAZ MOHAMMED welcome back. The refusals you had were mainly due to the technicality of terrain. I am sure that coming back to the desert you will re-adapt to driving you Pajero in the sand. You had your first pop-out today... it had to happen one day :)

@Enrico Biscaro you pushed your self and your car very well and always alert on what was happening around you. 

@Chinthaka Ruwan anchoring the convoy very well. Your support was very much needed. It was a pretty long convoy and you were there to keep an eye open and make sure everything was smooth.

@Naim Aoun your approach to the dunes is surgical :) you have a good approach of testing your limits to keep control on your vehicule and capabilities. I believe it's a good way to learn safely.

@Rsjiv Samuel you handle your FJ pretty well. Wandering in the dunes looks easy for you. And now, after 2 drives together in less than a week, I'm sure I won't forget you :))

@Gregory you are a very contained and patient driver. Also perfectly handling your big car in the technical areas as well as climbing high dunes.

Also thank you everyone for the team spirit and support when we had to get the shovels out !

Really enjoyed driving with all of you and hope to see you soon.

PS : @Fabien Monleau we would have loved to have you and your LC in the picture ... another time :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Shaaz Sha Thanks for the excellent drive today.  Shuwaib is a challenging terrain also one of my favorite area in UAE. Everyone did really good and pushed it to the next level. It will be a good experience when reaching to next level. Thanks @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @JeromeFJ for excellent support. Supporting a long convoy in this area is not easy and you guys did a great job. 
Some pictures are uploaded in the gallery.  
Nice to see you all and have a great week. 

IMG_6520.JPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi off roaders,

Thank you all for making it on time at the meeting point. We were all ready and waited for few minutes for the three No show member today for around 10 minutes. After the radio check and briefing we entered the area where it was not too crowded.. Only few cars , but the tracks from previous days were obviously there.. which were annoying at some points. After a few minutes of warm up , we started slowly to the side slops where every one did a good job..It was nice to see you guys doing it very safely. Good work guys.The terrain had enough to practice all our skills and it was quite technical towards the exit. We had a few refusals and a stuck followed by a pop out which were all handled the best way by @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Chinthaka Ruwanand @JeromeFJThank you Guys .. You were absolutely amazing.. 👏👏👏. @JeromeFJ, thank you for being the second lead.. you did a good job in re-routing where ever needed and kept the convoy moving. Your assistance while recoveries where also great. Thank you. @Joji varghese, @Reggie Landicho, @FARAZ MOHAMMED, @Enrico Biscaro, @Naim Aoun, @Rsjiv Samuel, and @Gregory... you guys were all good . We had few time consuming stuck s and i appreciate you support and patience.Thank you all once again and sees you soon. Some pics in the gallery..:)

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for the drive, and @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @JeromeFJ for the excellent support, especially in the challenging terrain. I had a friend with me today... introducing him to the desert.. and he was impressed with Carnity as a club, and the sense of teamwork especially when things were a little challenging and help was needed. 👍👍👍

Wish everyone a good week ahead! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear @Shaaz Sha @JeromeFJ & @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil Good morning

Apologize for getting late to reach on start point and making everyone disturb. 

For sure will take care next time. 

Regards...

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you @Shaaz Sha for the amazing drive yesterday ! This area is difficult, and taking a Fewbie convoy through these tight bowls, high dunes and sharp crests is a challenge. You managed to lead the way so that everyone could have his shot of adrenaline and enjoy safely.

Thank you @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil for the great support and complete drive report.

All of you in the convoy did very well, with a few refusals and stuck that can be expected with the soft sand. Understanding why we get stuck, and going out with the guidance of the support team is part of the learning. I enjoyed a lot being part of the drive. 

Thank you all and see you soon on the sand.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use