Desert Champions Trophy - 2021 - Winning Team

What's the Story of Liwa's Yellow Truck ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is Yellow Truck ? Buried deep inside the Bu Hasa Desert near Madinat Zayed City, there is an abandoned water tanker truck, which due to its remote location, has become a pilgrimage for many

Looks like the yellow truck needs a tug😜

Last I heard is that @Niki will be bringing his super shovel to help recover the truck...

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ilya said:

Is it an actual track or convoy just folowwing some direction finding the path? E.g. can it be done by 2-3 cars (lets say Carnity interemediate level) as a holiday trip?

there is no track. Trip lead navigates his way to reach the actual location.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Ilya said:

Is it an actual track or convoy just folowwing some direction finding the path? E.g. can it be done by 2-3 cars (lets say Carnity interemediate level) as a holiday trip?

If your navigational skills are good...you will be more than able to do it for a weekend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

What ever 

if you all could join for any level of drives, it would be great fun especially when we catch up overnight 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

there is no track. Trip lead navigates his way to reach the actual location.

Always with 3 cars when you venture on your own  , more experienced the better 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Last year I did the Yellow Truck drive as fewbie on 18th Dec with @Asif Hussain  as lead and @Vanessa8580 at the back and is still one of the top memorable drives. Did a night camping with my son and @Kailas who was the center forward in the drive (only use of my camping gear outside of my house till date), near the meeting point and still we were the last people to reach to the meeting point. It’s a must go drive for everyone in Carnity. 

• Like (+1) 4

I did the Yellow truck drive last year with @Asif Hussain and it was amazing !! Unfortunately it's a bit too soon after my back surgery now to join but if I get the chance again in a few months, I will definitely go back ! I find it even better than the real Liwa. The dunes are huge and the terrain is wonderful ..... 

I would highly recommend everyone who can join to take the opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 6

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club

And enjoy multiple level off-road drives - every weekend.

Important Information

Terms of use