•  

Full Day Newbie Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 01 Dec 2021 - Srikumar

Srikumar

Drive Description

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  01 Dec 2021, Wednesday

Meeting time: 7:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/bZ77eVtDJqDhGJBm7
You can come early and camp in same starting point if you like.

Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/D6t1rXkuecZScyPZ9

NO 100 Liters of FUEL = NO DRIVE - Carry additional jerry cans accordingly

• SWB Cars = 2 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • LWB Cars = 1 Jerry can of extra fuel
  • 100+ liter fuel tank cars = No need for extra fuel.

Lunch Break: 1 Hour in between with couple of short breaks (if needed).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, lunch, snacks, face mask, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 4:00 PM

End Point: https://goo.gl/maps/hcRAsNvzKXnFDTMm7

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 Newbies and above drivers. RSVP will close on 29 Nov, Monday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar:

@Karthik Raptor @topgear @Derius Olivier @Ali Shah @Nithin Vaidir @Mo Moharam @Adnan Halepota

Welcome to the Carnity Annual Liwa Expedition. Me and @Anish S look forward to taking you on a nice easy paced Newbie ride through one of the most scenic desert routes within UAE. For those who would be visiting Liwa for the first time, be prepared to witness Nature at its best. The vastness of the sand and the size of the dunes can be truly humbling. 

DRIVE PLAN

During the morning session we would be finding our route to the famed Yellow Truck buried deep within the desert. Depending on the convoy progress we would break there for lunch and photos. The second session would be more dedicated to finding some nice dunes to drive on. If things go well, we would exit out around 4 PM.

DRIVE PREPARATION

To ensure that everyone has a fun and safe Liwa trip its important that you go through the below checklist :

1. Please ensure that you are there at the meeting point on 7:30 AM sharp. Late comers would be sent back. 

2. Firstly, get lots and lots of rest the previous day. The more the better as Liwa will not only challenge your vehicle but your mind as well. We would need your complete focus and fatigue due to less rest is the last thing that is needed on such a terrain. For those who prefer camping the previous night, you can do so at the starting point as its a nice spaced out area. Bring some firewood incase if you wish to have a bonfire to keep you warm. Cleaning up after the bonfire is mandatory.

3. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up.

4. 20 Liter / 40 litre fuel jerry can is needed depending on your vehicle. If you have any doubts, please post your query on the drive post and we will assist.

5. A full fuel tank at the meeting point.

6. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). In the past we have seen that people upgrade their tyres but still keep the the original wrench which is of no use to remove the upgraded tyre. So please ensure that your car has the right tool to remove the tyres (if needed).

7. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,

8. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery / radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along.

9. Please ensure that you know how to switch off traction control (turning off Air bags is not mandatory for this drive). If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist.

10. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

11. Plenty of water, approx 5 litre per person per day.

12. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

13. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

14. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

Keep checking this list, as it might grow further in coming days. All the above points are Mandatory and your participation on the drive would be refused on the drive day by the trip lead if you fail to comply with the above.

• Like (+1) 3

Hi Srikumar.  Thanks for the info.  As I’ve never used a jerry can, welcome your thoughts on the following questions.  

1. Can you confirm that I need 1x20l Jerry can of petrol?  I have a 2017 Pajero LWB.  

2 Do you have any recommended outlets/brands of cans?  I’m looking for something that won’t leak fumes / liquids.

3. Where should I store (how should I secure) the Jerry can during the drive?  

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Ali Shah said:

Hi Srikumar.  Thanks for the info.  As I’ve never used a jerry can, welcome your thoughts on the following questions.  

1. Can you confirm that I need 1x20l Jerry can of petrol?  I have a 2017 Pajero LWB.  

2 Do you have any recommended outlets/brands of cans?  I’m looking for something that won’t leak fumes / liquids.

3. Where should I store (how should I secure) the Jerry can during the drive?  

Thanks.  

To answer your queries :

1. Pajero has a 88 Litre tank, so an extra 20 litre should be sufficient

2. Any suitable metal / plastic can would be fine. It will be mentioned on the description suitable for Petrol. You can buy it online, Ace Hardware or any other hardware shop, gas station. To prevent fumes, what I do is that I put a plastic shopping bag on the outlet and then seal it. 

3. In a Pajero, the only place is in the trunk or behind the front seats. I would suggest to drive with windows down, or if you are running AC then keep the car air recirculation OFF.

Welcome @Louis Venter to Carnity Off-road Club. This Liwa drive is not for Absolute Newbies or first timers with our club.

I would suggest you to join our dedicated Absolute Newbie Drive (link provided below). We do plan have multiple Liwa drives, and look forward to meeting you on the next one. 

@Louis Venter I do understand your point, but the entire structure of our club has been built to ensure the safety of drivers which is paramount. So I am sorry that you will have to exit from this drive.

If you have previous experience, you can self declare it in the Absolute Newbie drive thread, and one of the senior members would evaluate your performance for Fewbie promotion.

Morning everyone.

Near the meeting point you will find a gate. To open the gates you need to get your vehicle close to it and shout ABRACADABRA.

If any difficulty you can call me on 055-9567471

• Haha (+1) 4

It worked with me to open Ad gates saying : open sesame, just in case , then call @Srikumar 🤣

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use