•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Il Te' nel Deserto: between Qudra and Ganthoot - Dubai - 30 Nov 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Dear Desertnauts

final touches on tomorrow's drive.

The meeting point will be at Qudra's Last Exit area, just beyond the ADNOC gas station's exit, next to the Spicy Village restaurant.  DO NOT FOLLOW GOOGLE MAPS' DIRECTIONS, as they would make you drive on the tarmac on the other side of the road, then back to the ADNOC station (for some unknown reason): just look left as soon as you exit the gas station, before reaching the tarmac, and we'll be there. We will deflate here, as soon as each driver has arrived, and we'll drive a couple of Km's on the sand track parallel to the tarmac road to Bab al Shams, to reach and pass the large farm property just on the outskirts of Qudra's dunes, which as a private area does not allow us to choose it as a meeting point.

The radio channel will be chosen on the spot.

This will be the convoy order, based on the tutoring principle of higher ranked drivers each leading a lower ranked member:

@Adhir Saxena will be Second Lead

@Sunil Mathew will be #3

@Santoso Marjuki will follow at #4

@Matt.T at #5

@Mohamad Anwer will take spot #6

@Thomas Varghese from spot #7 will be followed by

@Naim Aoun at #8 and

@Rsjiv Samuel at #9, while

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil will Sweep the convoy

Recoveries will be made by the more senior members, under my supervision, if necessary.

Remember, this is a pre-weekend drive, and has been designed to be entertaining but as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. Bring along some refreshments, as we'll take a break to have a "Te' nel Deserto" toward the end of the drive. The exit, most likely will be at either Ganthoot, on E14, or along the Bab al Shams road from Qudra to Ganthoot.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a nice evening.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Adhir Saxena said:

@Ale Vallecchiill have to drop off from this drive as i have something come up. See you soon next time

OK @Adhir Saxena. Sorry to see you go. Thanks for the update.

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, i am not signed in for this drive..dont remember clicking "going" tab as well 🤔🤔. Apologies if i did it by mistake, but tomorrow afternoon  does not look like i can be away from work.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, i am not signed in for this drive..dont remember clicking "going" tab as well 🤔🤔. Apologies if i did it by mistake, but tomorrow afternoon  does not look like i can be away from work.

Thanks @Sunil Mathew. I will remove you. Sorry to miss you. 

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

final touches on tomorrow's drive.

The meeting point will be at Qudra's Last Exit area, just beyond the ADNOC gas station's exit, next to the Spicy Village restaurant.  DO NOT FOLLOW GOOGLE MAPS' DIRECTIONS, as they would make you drive on the tarmac on the other side of the road, then back to the ADNOC station (for some unknown reason): just look left as soon as you exit the gas station, before reaching the tarmac, and we'll be there. We will deflate here, as soon as each driver has arrived, and we'll drive a couple of Km's on the sand track parallel to the tarmac road to Bab al Shams, to reach and pass the large farm property just on the outskirts of Qudra's dunes, which as a private area does not allow us to choose it as a meeting point.

The radio channel will be chosen on the spot.

This will be the convoy order, based on the tutoring principle of higher ranked drivers each leading a lower ranked member:

@Adhir Saxena will be Second Lead

@Sunil Mathew will be #3

@Santoso Marjuki will follow at #4

@Matt.T at #5

@Mohamad Anwer will take spot #6

@Thomas Varghese from spot #7 will be followed by

@Naim Aoun at #8 and

@Rsjiv Samuel at #9, while

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil will Sweep the convoy

Recoveries will be made by the more senior members, under my supervision, if necessary.

Remember, this is a pre-weekend drive, and has been designed to be entertaining but as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. Bring along some refreshments, as we'll take a break to have a "Te' nel Deserto" toward the end of the drive. The exit, most likely will be at either Ganthoot, on E14, or along the Bab al Shams road from Qudra to Ganthoot.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a nice evening.

I wish you will exit at Ganthoot so that I can proceed to Liwa from there. This drive will give me a chance to test the effect of the additional load of 40kg petrol which is already filled up in the jerry cans and fastened to the boot hooks by belt straps and the strength of the straps to hold the cans in place. image.png.dfd1b0e5f1c227de34d5bdbae73e6be9.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I wish you will exit at Ganthoot so that I can proceed to Liwa from there. This drive will give me a chance to test the effect of the additional load of 40kg petrol which is already filled up in the jerry cans and fastened to the boot hooks by belt straps and the strength of the straps to hold the cans in place. image.png.dfd1b0e5f1c227de34d5bdbae73e6be9.png

@Thomas Varghese the exit will be in the Ganthoot area in any case. It's just a matter of which road we'll reach, but both will be close to Ganhtoot. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for this wonderful drive.  I have never been on a smoother drive; what a wonderful flow with barely any interruptions and on such a varied and technical terrain.  

I was filming on my dashboard GoPro and have wonderful footage that @Matt.T who was ahead of me would love to see (too large of a file to upload unfortunately). 

• Well Done (+2) 2

15 hours ago, Naim Aoun said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for this wonderful drive.  I have never been on a smoother drive; what a wonderful flow with barely any interruptions and on such a varied and technical terrain.  

I was filming on my dashboard GoPro and have wonderful footage that @Matt.T who was ahead of me would love to see (too large of a file to upload unfortunately). 

Naim @Naim Aounfeel free to WhatsApp to me 0586751825 would love to see you are correct.

@Ale Vallecchi yesterday was a fabulous drive enjoying a lot of what is great about the desert areas we.have here. A small convey who were all enjoying the drive with little or no incidents.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Matt.T
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use