•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park: Left or Right? Mistery Drive - Dubai - 4 Dec 2021

Ale Vallecchi

14 hours ago, khurram.k said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi , I'll join the drive. tks

Hello @khurram.k. Even though I hadn't heard from you anymore, I will sign you IN for this drive. Thanks and see you tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Pieter Potgieter said:

I Ale, I gather there is still no space?

Hi @Pieter Potgieter. I will ADD you in the drive anyways. No worries. See you tomorrow. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @khurram.k. Even though I hadn't heard from you anymore, I will sign you IN for this drive. Thanks and see you tomorrow.

Hi @Pieter Potgieter. I will ADD you in the drive anyways. No worries. See you tomorrow. Thanks

Thanks Ale, unfortunately my son has fallen I’ll and I think I’m following suite… sorry I’m going to miss the drive 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pieter Potgieter said:

Thanks Ale, unfortunately my son has fallen I’ll and I think I’m following suite… sorry I’m going to miss the drive 

Hello @Pieter Potgieter. Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

Dear Desertnauts

Last bits of info for tomorrow's drive.

The meeting point will be to the left of the tarmac road from Qudra's Last Exit to Solar Park. We will gather on the left of the tarmac (watch out for oncoming traffic), and will line up below the pylons. Once arrived, please start deflating, and tune into Carnity radio channel #2 (446.036).  

We will decide if we'll turn left, toward Lisaili, or right, toward Qudra, tomorrow morning. Let's keep some of the mystery 😉.Therefore, also the convoy order will be unveiled tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, @khurram.k, @takeshi sobue, @Azeem M, @Simon Dawood, @Ankit Jain, @Mark D, @ahmed salama, @Luke Johnson, @Rouaj, @Goh KP, @Belal Aldaour, @Harshad Ashraf, @Sunil Mathew and @Russ, enjoy the evening, and see you tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

Last bits of info for tomorrow's drive.

The meeting point will be to the left of the tarmac road from Qudra's Last Exit to Solar Park. We will gather on the left of the tarmac (watch out for oncoming traffic), and will line up below the pylons. Once arrived, please start deflating, and tune into Carnity radio channel #2 (446.036).  

We will decide if we'll turn left, toward Lisaili, or right, toward Qudra, tomorrow morning. Let's keep some of the mystery 😉.Therefore, also the convoy order will be unveiled tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, @khurram.k, @takeshi sobue, @Azeem M, @Simon Dawood, @Ankit Jain, @Mark D, @ahmed salama, @Luke Johnson, @Rouaj, @Goh KP, @Belal Aldaour, @Harshad Ashraf, @Sunil Mathew and @Russ, enjoy the evening, and see you tomorrow morning.

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, due to some family reasons I’ll not be able to join tomorrow. Sorry for dropping out last minute. Will miss the drive.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the drive today morning... was looking for a nice and relaxing drive for the kids/family, and they loved it  and enjoyed every opportunity to get out of the car and watch yourself and @Russ in action for all the recoveries.

Good to meet and drive with all the newbies, 

@Belal Aldaour - good job as 2L , hope you got the hang of it ,in maintaining the right distance , ready to promptly reroute or stop at the split second request of the Lead

@takeshi sobue  - great drive, couldn't see much of you except for a couple of re-attempts

@Azeem M, @Simon Dawood the LWB pajero boys were left with their rear fender out of shape, which is normal. time to install skid plates, before joining higher level drives !! 

Pointers to Azeem -  technique of maintaining the right distance from the car in front. I could see that you were too far from Takeshi and on the verge of losing the track at times. As you join more drives, this should come naturally to you

Simon - Fishtailing at someplaces, i suggest to think in terms of technique/approach angle etc rather than raw power and flooring the gas for climbs/side slopes.

@Mark D - Great drive, just in front of me , without much issues except for occasionally churning up the sand for me, which is off course by nature of Raptors :-) 

@ahmed salama with his cool TJ and first NB drive if i am not wrong, managed well. couple of crests are bound to happen in every ones off-road life, take home the learning!

@Harshad Ashraf and @Goh KP - couldnt see much of you as you were driving further behind. Good to meet everyone, and looking forward to the next one!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use