•  

First Aid Kit - What's in it, what should there be in it?

Mario Cornejo

Great Initiative. I have been wanting to make a kit recommended in the advices section but due to my limited knowledge did not go anywhere on it. hopefully now will be a good learning exercise. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

8 hours ago, Melenany said:

The Most important part of the EFR courses is the injury assessment and accident control part.

Thank you @Melenany for your reply.  A first aid course would be a great addition to the skills learnt in our journey with @Carnity.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

The medical kits sold in pharmacies seem complete, but I am curious if there are comments about what we usually find in them and what items could be added.  Perhaps, could we get suggestions from those members who practice medicine, Drs.  @Chaitanya D and @M.Seidam, or anyone else working in the healthcare sector directly or as supplier?

Nothing beats prevention, safety and awareness of your surroundings, but accidents may happen: while driving, recovering a car, even whilst sitting around a bonfire, it is with these scenarios in mind that kept me wondering whether the items in a basic first aid kit are enough.

Furthermore, fact is that is not just about having the "tools" but knowing how to use them, does anyone know of first aid trainings available in UAE?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks @Mario Cornejo for bringing up this topic .Generally for cuts and injuries , most kits have the materials needed 

i woukd definitely advise to keep few tablets of antacids - nexium or pantop and anti motion sickness (Dramamine) meds. Along with some glucose or sugar especially if you are diabetic.

Having said that paramedics (especially with the ambulance) generally have much better knowledge than me as I am a practicing surgeon (exclusive for hand and microsurgery) who sees patients well after they have been stabilized. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Chaitanya D - thank you, every advice and suggestion counts!

Your comment about glucose reminded me of an item I always carry, especially during summer: electrolytes for rehydration.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

shall we share pics of those who feel have done more custom investigation so create more awareness.

Good idea @PaoloMaraziti, let's share pics and list of items!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Chaitanya D - thank you, every advice and suggestion counts!

Your comment about glucose reminded me of an item I always carry, especially during summer: electrolytes for rehydration.

electrolytes... does Pocari Sweat count? 😁

According to the Japanese website: "POCARI SWEAT is a health drink that contains a balance of ions (electrolytes) that resembles the natural fluid balance in the human body."

pocari.jpg.2af59ef8de4a00680360977a3a94b282.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use