•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 10 Dec 2021

Chaitanya D

Hahaha! I skipped the biceps day, mate!

Thanks @Russ for your great support. And many thanks to @Chaitanya D whom I just learnt from a new and nice technique that can help get me out of  refusals. 

It was such a good drive and will see you again for sure guyz! 

• Well Done (+2) 2

Trip Report:

9756487F-776D-46F6-A3FD-13C2C191169C.jpeg

Newbie drives are always fun to catch up with new friends , and of course some old buddies. We all met on time , while I came out from the desert 😊as I camped there overnight to come fresh for this drive. Great to see all arrive on time and prepped.

We drove in AlFayah region of Abu Dhabi which has sand similar to what is in Qudra, white with moderate dunes . But in some areas there are some steep bowls which we entered and backtracked, some areas have huge rock formations and some have dense vegetations/bushes on the side slopes when you exit.

Considering the challenges we drove close to 38 km in out planned time which was filled with some very good learning experiences. All that was discussed during briefing was out there experienced practically -momentum, not to fight gravity, follow your positions and keep a close watch where you stop and park.

Fantastic 2nd lead by @John Vanderbleek, very clear in coms and stopping in split seconds . You did save us from lot of shoveling. Thank you👍

Momentum is the key, was learnt in the apt way by @Anna Dillon when she was crested in a small dune coming over a soft patch. Always better to get stuck the way you did , than to fly. Well done

640529B3-9761-4D7E-B766-2C09FEEF509B.jpeg

@takeshi sobue did well , but as Russ pointed out you need to be clear on the radio and acknowledge which is very important. AT one point I saw you over taking Ann when she was reattempting, which should not be done. If any car has any refusal in front then it is always safer to stop, communicate and reattempt

39434CE4-443B-4E4B-9567-12FE95661320.jpeg

@Omar ElGamal, @Bharath Rao and @Salman Farooq (Welcome to the club) did well , and especially learnt the way to get out from stuck situations with the manual A trac, or the Blip Blip technique with steering. I wonder you all are now well versed with this and know how to get out when stuck in soft sand. Gas is your friend as long as you are moving, if not then more gas= more you sink in sand.

BCB1FFCE-0DAB-42DB-B5C5-210B82A68301.jpeg

@Osama M did well controlling his beast Qx80, car has a lot of power to get you to the tallest dunes. You were very controlled in few tricky areas which was wonderful to see

2B5D4100-F652-40F1-A39E-75C59C15B469.jpeg

@Imran Kashif driving the prado managed well, all the little challenges and with good coms. 

7AE608AC-0DC7-4DF7-B94A-9E49A2629210.jpeg

Las but not the least, @Russ support on this drive was phenomenal with clear coms, directions and asking for more help when needed. Always a comfort having you at the back. Well done and thank you.🙏

179C2677-BEC4-471A-B7BC-F753EEE5420D.jpeg

Some more pictures are in the gallery as below link ,have a look. You can add your pictures there

Newbie - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 10 Dec 2021 - Page 2 - Carnity.com

For members who have completed the required number of drives, please apply for your promotion online. Remember this is not a race to get to the next levels, but to enjoy this hobby in a safe manner as the drives become more challenging, faster and more thrilling as you get to next levels. 

See you all some time soon and enjoy your week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you Russ and Chaithanya for a wonderful drive, advice and help when I got stuck. Hearty thanks to Hrudaay (chaithanya’s son) for shoveling out my back tires .😀

It was an enjoyable drive. I am looking forward to more such challenging drives in future.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Second drive with Carnity which started off with some anxiety but with both@Chaitanya D and @Russ just changed the experience into awesomeness. Amazing guidance and patience. Big thank you to rest of the group, very friendly! 

Thanks once again

• Well Done (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Osama M said:

Second drive with Carnity which started off with some anxiety but with both@Chaitanya D and @Russ just changed the experience into awesomeness. Amazing guidance and patience. Big thank you to rest of the group, very friendly! 

Thanks once again

It was a pleasure to drive with you all @Osama M. See you soon

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use