•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 10 Dec 2021

Chaitanya D

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (All Levels)

When:  10 Dec 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 6.30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: E75 Al Fayah Road - https://goo.gl/maps/pH1UmMLcUUawgqQAA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10.30 AM

End Point: E75 Al Fayah Road

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

@Salman Farooq welcome to Carnity. Can you let us know which car you drive , if it has 4H and 4L gearing and any other options if any?

please check and confirm

1. front and rear tow hooks or eyelets are present and in good condition 

2. Any previous off road experience 

Off roading takes a toll on the cars so please ensure all mechanicals and fluids are checked thoroughly if you are bringing it on sand for the first time

If  your first drive there are a few minimum required tools:
1) Pressure gauge and deflator, so you can deflate your tyres when you arrive.
2) Air compressor to inflate your tyres again after the drive as we are not ending near a gas station 

If you have more offroad gears, such as your walkie talkie, shovel, offroad flag, you are welcome to bring it along.

please see the newbie briefing video as below link

thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the warm welcome. I am driving a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 which both 4H & 4L gear options.

Yes my car has front & rear tow hooks in good condition. I do have off-roading experience from another club where I have done 3 drives.

Looking forward to trip on Friday.

Cheers,

Salman

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Salman Farooq said:

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the warm welcome. I am driving a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 which both 4H & 4L gear options.

Yes my car has front & rear tow hooks in good condition. I do have off-roading experience from another club where I have done 3 drives.

Looking forward to trip on Friday.

Cheers,

Salman

Thanks , note we are ending at a place far away from gas stations and hence you are advised to bring along your compressor for reinflation.

Do you have other offroad gear like flag, deflator, shovel and radio?

• Like (+1) 1

Dear friends

@Bharath Rao
Welcome to the drive tomorrow.
Please note mandatory gear required for this drive - Programmed radio, Shovel,Deflator,compressor and flag with out which you will not be allowed to join the drive.
Please ensure you come with a fuel tank as full as possible and your car checked ,ready for off-roading.
Pajero guys should be knowing how to disable the ABS .
For regular tires you can deflate to 15 PSI and for offroad all terrain tires you can deflate to 12 psi.
Please view the briefing video for you to be prepared well , as below link

Myself and @Russ will be assisting you all to have a fun yet safe drive, convoy list will be updated soon.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2

Please note convoy listing for tomorrow as below

We will use Chanel 1 for radio coms

See you tomorrow

• Like (+1) 3

@Chaitanya D a great Friday morning drive in superb terrain, thank you for leading us all through this area and giving opportunities for all drivers to practice going up and down dunes, side sloping and driving in technical areas.

After a chilly early morning briefing we  started our exploration.

@John Vanderbleek showed his experience with a solid 2nd lead.

@Anna Dillon did great in her first drive for a couple of months. One moment of hesitation led to a cresting but otherwise a good drive.

@takeshi sobue handled his FJ very well with minimal issues. Just a small reminder to acknowledge radio messages so we know that you have received them.

@Omar ElGamal After a few issues early on you drive really well. I hope your arms aren’t too sore today after the self-recovery effort 😉

@Imran Kashif Well driven, any hesitation you feel now will surely disappear soon with more drives.

@Osama M grew in confidence as the drive went on and handled the big QX80 with great skill!

@Bharath Rao Apart from a couple of unfortunate stucks from standing starts you drove great. The lesson with avoiding getting stuck from a stationary position is trying to avoid stopping on soft sand if possible and also on flat or a decline gradient. One blessing in disguise is that you got to practice self recovery twice which will benefit you in the future!

@Salman Farooq I believe this was your first drive with Carnity so welcome to the club! You will overcome your hesitation as time goes on and avoid some of the situations you found yourself in yesterday. You did well in the self-recovery situation. Remember to follow radio instructions clearly and when a senior driver issues a left or right instruction it will always be your left and right, not theirs.

It was great to meet and drive with you all.

Please go to the gallery section to find some pictures of the day 📸

Hope to see you soon 🌵 

• Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Very enjoyable drive and could see the skill levels improving as drive continued. Driving behind Chaita proved to be an easy task as he managed the drive to the skill levels of all.

I am still learning about “Momentum”…it can be your friend if you learn to build and control it. Each driver and their vehicle develop momentum in different methods…learn with your vehicle how to develop it as your greatest friend…especially when you are in soft sand.

Looking forward to next drive!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

23 minutes ago, John Vanderbleek said:

Very enjoyable drive and could see the skill levels improving as drive continued. Driving behind Chaita proved to be an easy task as he managed the drive to the skill levels of all.

I am still learning about “Momentum”…it can be your friend if you learn to build and control it. Each driver and their vehicle develop momentum in different methods…learn with your vehicle how to develop it as your greatest friend…especially when you are in soft sand.

Looking forward to next drive!

@John Vanderbleek I am @Chaitanya D and not chaita 🤣🤣

50 minutes ago, Russ said:

@Chaitanya D a great Friday morning drive in superb terrain, thank you for leading us all through this area and giving opportunities for all drivers to practice going up and down dunes, side sloping and driving in technical areas.

After a chilly early morning briefing we  started our exploration.

@John Vanderbleek showed his experience with a solid 2nd lead.

@Anna Dillon did great in her first drive for a couple of months. One moment of hesitation led to a cresting but otherwise a good drive.

@takeshi sobue handled his FJ very well with minimal issues. Just a small reminder to acknowledge radio messages so we know that you have received them.

@Omar ElGamal After a few issues early on you drive really well. I hope your arms aren’t too sore today after the self-recovery effort 😉

@Imran Kashif Well driven, any hesitation you feel now will surely disappear soon with more drives.

@Osama M grew in confidence as the drive went on and handled the big QX80 with great skill!

@Bharath Rao Apart from a couple of unfortunate stucks from standing starts you drove great. The lesson with avoiding getting stuck from a stationary position is trying to avoid stopping on soft sand if possible and also on flat or a decline gradient. One blessing in disguise is that you got to practice self recovery twice which will benefit you in the future!

@Salman Farooq I believe this was your first drive with Carnity so welcome to the club! You will overcome your hesitation as time goes on and avoid some of the situations you found yourself in yesterday. You did well in the self-recovery situation. Remember to follow radio instructions clearly and when a senior driver issues a left or right instruction it will always be your left and right, not theirs.

It was great to meet and drive with you all.

Please go to the gallery section to find some pictures of the day 📸

Hope to see you soon 🌵 

Vow @Russ, great feedback on everyone. The way you are progressing I would love to be supporting one of your leads soon 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use