•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 10 Dec 2021

Frederic

Good Afternoon All

Just a quick introduction...........

I drive - Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 - White and have past experience of off-roading with friends (no formal course).

My jeep is equipped with front & rear tow points and I have necessary pressure gauge, deflator and air compressor.

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @Tareq Al Turq @Myles Keague@Markus B @Ryan Tan @Rajat Verma @Meng kiat Ng @Mohammed Sirajuddin

Thanks for signing up for your first off-road drive with us.

Some pointers I wanted to mention:

1) Be very careful when you take the exit just before the meeting point. You will need to cross the bicycle track and it's busy on the track nowadays. They have the right of way at all times !

2) Please be on time, or even better arrive 15-20 mins earlier so we can help out with deflating when needed. 

3) Bring a pressure gauge, deflator, and a compressor please. There is a compressor at the Last Exit Petrol Station where we will be end, but this one is mostly out of order or working very slowly.

4) If you have a walkie talkie already, you can tune in to 446.006 Mhz when you arrive. This is our Channel 1 that we use for the Absolute Newbie Drives. If you do not have one yet, we will provide you with a spare one that you can use for the drive.

5) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted here above with your full attention, as this is the best preparation for your first off-road drive with us.

6) Please follow the COVID19 guidelines by wearing a mask whenever you are out of the vehicle and during the briefing. 

Seniors on the drive will by myself and @Mukundan Nair, we will be helping you out with deflating if needed, and during the drive if you have any stucks or issues. I am sure we will be having lots of fun tomorrow !

See you soon in the sand !

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

5 hours ago, Ryan Tan said:

Hi Frederic, I would like to join the next session instead as I would not be able to come due to work commitments. When would be the next session?

Hi @Ryan Tan we have these sessions every Friday morning.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for joining us this morning! 
you all did great and I was happy to see the swift progress in all of you !

A big Thanks to @Mukundan Nair for the great support. We had an amazing morning with lots of learning. 

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a MANDATORY requirement.

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

MUST READ: Offroad Club Structure, Levels and Rules

whatsapp.png Carnity Drive Notification

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use