•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 10 Dec 2021

Srikumar

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above

When:  10 December 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 07:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/QcWUZQnkeyw6U8QF9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

PS: COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below

• Like (+1) 2

@Mohamad Anweryou have signed up on two drives. This one and the one on Saturday with @Hisham Masaad.

As you are aware, one drive selection is permitted till Wednesday. So please remove your name from one of the drives by this evening.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

@Mohamad Anweryou have signed up on two drives. This one and the one on Saturday with @Hisham Masaad.

As you are aware, one drive selection is permitted till Wednesday. So please remove your name from one of the drives by this evening.

Thank you.

Hello Srikumar,

Apologies for the confusion, I have actually already noticed and removed my name as I can not do Friday.  

Regards,

Mohamad 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar

2. Naveen

3. Tom

4. Faisal Alhashimi

5. Alexanderrr

6. Daniel Rodas

7. Enrico Biscaro

8. Rsjiv

9. Joji varghese

10. Felix Obst

We will be using Carnity Channel 5 for tomorrow's drive. See you at 7:00 AM

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hey @Srikumar, what an amazing and eventful drive! We had a bit of everything and at the end team work prevailed and we had a great one. Thanks for your textbook leadership and guidance. Really masterfull.

I will have a small gap as I'm travelling tomorrow and should be back by mid Jan.

I wish team @Carnitya merry Christmas and a 2022 full of health and off road adventures.

Cheers my dear friends!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Trip Report

That was an action packed drive - Fast pace sideys, criss crossing, a challenging recovery (in another convoy), technical dunes, shoveling, tugging, you name it, we had it all.

I was driving with most members for the first time.  So it was personally a challenge to set the right drive pace based on an unknown convoy strength. But the entire convoy was on the top of their game throughout the drive.

We started off with a nice easy pacd in the long range dunes playing and circling on some nice virgin sands. That's when we got a call from @sertac's Fewbie convoy in Qudra, that had a vehicle stuck at a nasty angle. So off we went to help out in any possible way. When we reachwd the vehicle was already well secured and all it now needed was some careful manoeuvering. With some good team work from both convoy members and with Sertac behind the wheel, the car was recovered pretty quickly. 

From this point onwards the pace that was set was something every drive partipant should be proud off. 

With the convoy performing very well and us covering most of the long range dunes, I felt it's time to throw a different challenge, Technical dunes (closer to Little Sweihan). With patches of powder soft sand, the going started getting increasingly difficult. But what we didn't cover interms of distance, we compensated by some excellent teamwork. I am sure by the end of the drive every one had done their fair share of shoveling. As @Daniel Rodas mentioned I am still old school, rope is an option only after shoveling fails.

An excellent SL by @Naveen Raj who still amazes me everytime with a 3.0 LWB Pajero and thanks to @Felix Obst for helping out with all the sweep duties. To the rest of the convoy members @Tom V @Alexanderrr @Daniel Rodas @Enrico Biscaro @Joji varghese @Rsjiv Samuel some brilliant driving and it was a pleasure driving with all of you. 

Till we meet again on the sands, take care.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use