•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 10 Dec 2021

Gaurav

1 hour ago, Zed said:

@Daniel Yang I thought you said you were driving 12psi? 😅  I don't know if you noticed, but we've got the exact configuration: Yoko Geolandar P285/70/R17 (Passenger-rated not Light-Truck) and Method 703 Bead Grip. And I've driving on 9-10psi on these since May 2021. So it kinda worried me you got a pop-out @ 12psi... now you're a bad example for Method 😂😂😂

The grooves on the 7xx rims are good when viewed upside-down like so 👇 
The Grooves/Inner Ridges + Taller Bead Wall will give good traction when pushed down (hence can stand lower psi), but a pain in the $$$ to seat properly (when viewed up like your pic), cos the grooves will "leak air" unless the bead is pushed using the ratchet method (below video) or a proper tire machine or a powerful air compressor.
BeadGrip1.png.50ecb39d55a57c076733521852f37005.png

@Gaurav i think @Lawrence_Chehimi was almost on the right approach with the ratchet, as shown in this video tip. This is the method that a friend from another club used and spoken also in the Polaris forums (where these Bead Grip rims are famous initially):  Learning something new due to this unexpected pop-out 😁
https://youtu.be/MK0P5MF7ioI?t=145

I have running these mr702 since September and always on 10psi or below 10psi because those bead grip commercials😭  yesterday when pop out i was really on very high speed in the long side sloping

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Sounds interesting, let's do another pop out to test.

Im always open to new ideas and this strap in center (I never heard before) sounds quiet logical to press all beads outward evenly, than just pulling from 4 sides.

They used do this way on UTV tires

1 hour ago, Zed said:

yes i think safer to deflate again after bead is seated to prevent the pressure from flying to someone's face 😂 the ratchet method is just to seat the bead, may need to remind this before experimenting 😁

Yes my guy also said when tire seated need deflate and remove the ratchet first before final inflate

Edited by Daniel Yang
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use