•  
Advertise here

Best Phone Holder?

Mark D

10 hours ago, Mark D said:

All. Any recommendations please, for a decent quality phone holder that isn’t going to fall off with the first bump my truck hits? Cheers 

Good question, but not easy to answer as i've tried many and most of them failed miserably:

* Glass suction cup models just fell off due to the summer heat sometimes. Tried a few and gave up.
* The ones that stick onto the vent channels actually broke my vent channels.

I ended up sticking some velcro to the dashboard and onto my gps phone, and this works fine for me. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Mark D I bought one tablet holder, iOttie brand in Jumbo, which I sometimes use for my phone too and works perfectly during drives.  I also bought a radio holder, Mobarmor brand also very good quality, there are (I think) a couple of off road garages where you can get this brand from, just do a quick search. 

Mobarmor website:  https://www.mobarmor.com/

Tablet holder I got at Jumbo: https://www.jumbo.ae/iottie-easy-smart-tap-2-universal-tablet-mount-miscellaneous-HLCRIO141.html#variant_id=0441617-92073271142

Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 4

Dear @Mark D As said by @Fredericgood question, not easy to answer. I went through many options, and found the most cost effective ones are the magnet ones. My car x owner used to use it, and I had to buy another phone cover to fix the metal plate, since metal and wireless charging did not work. When go in sand I just put the cover with metal cover. Another costly option and very strong, RAM mounts, I am using to hold the iPad 12.9in, and they have much more options for all devices. Unfortunately no much options in Amazon, but you can buy direct from USA. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Mark D said:

All. Any recommendations please, for a decent quality phone holder that isn’t going to fall off with the first bump my truck hits? Cheers 

I have been using vicseed phone holder with suction cup , got it from Amazon us. Shipping takes a while

https://www.amazon.ae/Universal-VICSEED-Dashboard-Windshield-Adjustable/dp/B07R1QZ8V1/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=119211640073&gclid=CjwKCAiAhreNBhAYEiwAFGGKPP6nt33L8SUJhxIlyMC3vKl9Kjv4kKaIJZzTeOOuWcTY_C-uT_QJpBoCmJwQAvD_BwE&hvadid=532488075351&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1000013&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=18396172631103635202&hvtargid=kwd-597317231924&hydadcr=26640_2558929&keywords=vicseed+car+phone+mount&qid=1638862307&sr=8-5

For a 6 to 6.5 inch phone it works fine even in summer on my Xterra. Have been using it for quite a while with no issues , for my style of driving😜 on sand.

Additionally I use another phone mounted on the mirror at times with lesser zoom so that I know which way I am heading as below. This option is not as sturdy in bumpy situations 

https://www.amazon.ae/SKEIDO-Holder-Universal-Rear-view-Mirror/dp/B07WZN9CRZ/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=car+mirror+phone+holder&qid=1638862463&sr=8-6

• Like (+1) 3

Nothing fancy but I use a magnetic mount too in my truck. Works perfectly fine even on desert drives.

F9B92423-F83D-4EE6-8DEC-BD0F578722B9.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

ended up sticking some velcro to the dashboard and onto my gps phone, and this works fine for me. 

This method For a year and still holding , did all levels including one extreme and still surviving 

image.jpg

• Like (+1) 1