•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 17 Dec 2021

Gaurav

Sorry @Gaurav. Even though i want to do this liwa drive very bad, Have to withdraw due to interference with home ministry schedule.  :sad:

Hope there is 3rd chance later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

1 minute ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Sorry @Gaurav. Even though i want to do this liwa drive very bad, Have to withdraw due to interference with home ministry schedule.  :sad:

Hope there is 3rd chance later. 

Home ministry is interfering in everything we have fun. Not acceptable. Should start a club for home ministry grievances and find solace. 

• Haha (+1) 5

11 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Home ministry is interfering in everything we have fun. Not acceptable. Should start a club for home ministry grievances and find solace. 

Home ministry just arrived after long vacation, If i ruined first weekend i will have to suffer whole year. so i gave up. 😬

BTW for you its should workout perfect, she gets another chance to visit your daughter's place.  win win situation. 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

33 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Home ministry just arrived from long vacation, If i ruined first weekend i will have to suffer whole year. so i give up. 😬

BTW for you its should workout perfect, she gets another chance to visit your daughter's place.  win win situation. 

True but my work and wallet says bad idea. Cannot walk into her house with empty hands stretched out. Plus once I am at her house I feel lazy to come back to Dubai. So better avoid all this. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, varunmehndiratta said:

Sounds like a plan....  Very much interested however will only be able to confirm in couple of days (hv some guests coming in on Saturday/sunday they will be finalizing their schedule in couple.of days, so will know acc. 

I am in for camping after drive...👍

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Gaurav ji, I went last weekend on a drive and hit a bump which my shocks did not handle well there is crack in upper engine frame and the driver side door is hitting the left side yellow frame cover when opening and closing. The car is in the garage as as the upper engine chaises frame needs to be pulled re welded and set etc. If my car isnt returned by Wednesday I may also very very sadly withdraw.

20211213_105831.jpg

• Sad (0) 6
  • WOW (+2) 3

4 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Dear Gaurav ji, I went last weekend on a drive and hit a bump which my shocks did not handle well there is crack in upper engine frame and the driver side door is hitting the left side yellow frame cover when opening and closing. The car is in the garage as as the upper engine chaises frame needs to be pulled re welded and set etc. If my car isnt returned by Wednesday I may also very very sadly withdraw.

20211213_105831.jpg

@Hisham Masaad is this what the frame reinforcement work you mentioned many months ago is designed to prevent?

@Ashok chaturvedi very sorry to see this damage and its a first for me seeing such a split in that location... the older versions of our cars had a known issue needing reinforcement (not in this spot i thought) .  Was there any other damage (spindle for example).  

Good luck for a speedy repair! 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Niki said:

@Hisham Masaad is this what the frame reinforcement work you mentioned many months ago is designed to prevent?

@Ashok chaturvedi very sorry to see this damage and its a first for me seeing such a split in that location... the older versions of our cars had a known issue needing reinforcement (not in this spot i thought) .  Was there any other damage (spindle for example).  

Good luck for a speedy repair! 

No not this one @Niki, reinforcement I made is for the vertical arms hold the wheels. I have been told with many jumps, they tend to bend outward. But in this location, I've never seen earlier. Hope @Ashok chaturvediwill not be major thing. Looks was a hard hump.

@Hisham Masaad @Niki@lawrence_chehimi 

Thank you all for your concern very sweet of you. Yes I have been  now told to reinforce the shell with steel plates. Can do it now as the car has done only 14000 Kms and not even completed 2nd Free service also the warranty will go for a toss.. And no 500Kms per hour.. asked modifier garage if they can install a helicopter rotar on top my FJ or a wind sail..maybe. 

Important Information

Terms of use