•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Liwa Yellow Truck - Abu Dhabi - 17 Dec 2021

Gaurav

Just kidding.... Eventually will have to reinforce the frame if I attempt IM from these clubs. Altogather, been given an estimate of AED 28,000 with full suspension system, front metal bumper and a winch. Cant affoard this kind of money.. with my other two hobbies and a family still... 

• WOW (+2) 1

23 minutes ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Just kidding.... Eventually will have to reinforce the frame if I attempt IM from these clubs. Altogather, been given an estimate of AED 28,000 with full suspension system, front metal bumper and a winch. Cant affoard this kind of money.. with my other two hobbies and a family still... 

after investigation, found the stock bumper is the best. Very reasonable price, you can change whenever required. Metal ones, are heavy, which is creating more issues 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

26 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

after investigation, found the stock bumper is the best. Very reasonable price, you can change whenever required. Metal ones, are heavy, which is creating more issues 

Hi Hisham on stock bumper in FJ, is there a possibility to install winch? Been checking for jeep seems will have to go for metal bumper if at all plan for winch. So just curious if options available

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi Hisham on stock bumper in FJ, is there a possibility to install winch? Been checking for jeep seems will have to go for metal bumper if at all plan for winch. So just curious if options available

Having a winch, options were limited. The best one was the stock bumper, easy to handle and cut where required 

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Gaurav thank you very much for the make up drive! unfortunately i cant make it as i've basically spent most of my car hobby budget for the month, besides it looks like the Jeep is going to need to have her transmission taken a look at for her 220,000km birthday :?  

Have fund guys! looking forward to the pictures.

18 minutes ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

No @Arman dear in one if 4x4 garage. 

Thought you're car is new and under warranty. A crack in the chassis is not something you want to fix at a garage. If toyota rejected fixing it under warranty then the insurance should cover the cost. Honestly I would never buy a car that had its chassis pulled and welded. Also any welding done to the chassis will be an issue with RTA uppon renewal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Dear Gaurav ji, I went last weekend on a drive and hit a bump which my shocks did not handle well there is crack in upper engine frame and the driver side door is hitting the left side yellow frame cover when opening and closing. The car is in the garage as as the upper engine chaises frame needs to be pulled re welded and set etc. If my car isnt returned by Wednesday I may also very very sadly withdraw.

20211213_105831.jpg

I suspect your upper control arm may have too much up travel (im assuming from this picture that it swung up into the frame), if you've had a lift done on the car it may be the case that (as in most cases) longer bump stops may not have been installed, the method to determine this is fairly simple, you measure the distance from the control arm to the frame as well as the length of exposed piston rod on the shock, then the gap from the bottom of the bump stock to wherever it's meant to make contact with, if the gap there is larger than either of the former two measurements then you might want to consider longer bump stops (note...this method isnt 100% accurate...but it's free if you already own a tape measure)

Many assumptions aside, hope you're back in the desert soon again :D

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use