•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 17 Dec 2021

Wrangeld

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 17 Dec 2021_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  17 Dec 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Gaurav changed the title to Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 17 Dec 2021

@takeshi sobue The drive you signed up for is Absolute Newbie - you did this already, so I am afraid you will be signed out of the drive. 

There is a space on this drive

@haridas kt @Andrew McCarthy @Swaroop K.R Thanks for signing up for the drive. Please can you share with us the following information: 

1. Your car and any modifications you made
  2. Your off road experience if any
  3. What you want out of driving with a 4x4 club. 

Please make sure you do check out the videos and tutorials designed for first time drivers before arriving and make sure you have the 4x4 gear required for the drives. 

Myself and Alex look forward to meeting you on Friday. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 1

HI@Wrangeld

1. There are no modifications done as of now its a stock Ford F150 5.0 Litre V8 with AT Tyres.

2. I have gone to the desert with small Dunes a few time but no major experiences.

3. To enjoy the desert and gain more off-road driving experience.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-16 at 2.22.02 PM.jpeg

Edited by Swaroop K.R
  • Like (+1) 2

Hello @Wrangeld

1. Pajero 2015, 3.5L, 5 Door, Black

2. No modifications made yet. However, before my first drive I am planning to trim front and rear bumpers at a garage. Is it required?

3. No off road experience. First time in my life.

4. I want to explore desert, with a little bit adventure. I know this group is the absolute fit.

Haridas

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, haridas kt said:

Hello @Wrangeld

1. Pajero 2015, 3.5L, 5 Door, Black

2. No modifications made yet. However, before my first drive I am planning to trim front and rear bumpers at a garage. Is it required?

3. No off road experience. First time in my life.

4. I want to explore desert, with a little bit adventure. I know this group is the absolute fit.

Haridas

Hi @haridas kt that's great. No mods needed for the first drive, that's for sure, but if you do it, it cannot harm your drive. I drive a Pajero - so I think you have the perfect vehicle! We cater in this drive especially for first time drivers, and desert exploration is what we are about, so good to have you on board. 

• Like (+1) 1

hi @Wrangeld and everyone. Excited to join the club. 

I have stock Prado V6 2010. 

No prior off-roading experience. 

Want to explore the desert and develop off-road skills where i am confident of handling any terrain on my own. 

Also you've mentioned the front & rear tow hooks are mandatory. My stock prado doesn't have a rear hook, any suggestions where i can get one and the rest of the gear before the drive? thanks. 

45 minutes ago, ASAD. said:

hi @Wrangeld and everyone. Excited to join the club. 

I have stock Prado V6 2010. 

No prior off-roading experience. 

Want to explore the desert and develop off-road skills where i am confident of handling any terrain on my own. 

Also you've mentioned the front & rear tow hooks are mandatory. My stock prado doesn't have a rear hook, any suggestions where i can get one and the rest of the gear before the drive? thanks. 

Hi Asad, Thanks for that. I am surprised that the Prado has no rear tow hook as standard. The short term solution is to use a hitch receiver onto which a shackle can be affixed. 

We cannot use a ball (like you use to tow a vehicle), but a hitch point will work

https://www.aceuae.com/en-ae/bushranger-recovery-hitch-hooks-with-shackle-silver/285633.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnuGNBhCPARIsACbnLzr-XS5sTyed5Ql50-C0i4RUfCRwEkn1f5vYuG0cakpAAuw_yb0CSQ8aAjMDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If there is no rear towing point, we cannot let you drive, because the risks are too high to your vehicle of towing from a different point. 

Important Information

Terms of use