•  

Night Newbie Desert Drive and Camp - Qudra - Dubai - 23 Dec 2021

Chaitanya D

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (All Levels)

When:  23 Dec 2021, Thursday NIGHT

Meeting time: 7.30PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Qudra https://goo.gl/maps/Rej9P583QwgBaXdu8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10.30 PM followed by over night camping

Additional information:

• Drive ends approx. 10.30 PM on Thursday  night ,when we will stop in a secluded area in Qudra where we can park our cars and stay over night in the dunes. 
  • Bring in your camping gears, sleeping bags/extra blankets as it gets super-cold at night. You can either sleep in your car with a flat back seat/tent if you have one. Bring in your food for dinner - packed or Barbeque but strictly in pits , no direct fire allowed on sand. Ensure your stuff inside your car is properly secured for the drive with straps/tie downs .COVID appropriate behavior is needed for your own safety
  • Please make sure you bring your own garbage bags as we are obliged to keep the desert clean when we leave after camping.
  • Exit will be towards dirt tracks early morning Friday by around 7 am when it gets bright.

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Night Newbie Desert Drive and Camp - Qudra - Dubai - 23 Dec 2021

I have RSVP'ed for this drive on Thursday and for the early morning drive on Friday. If its one drive regulations applied for this drive you can remove my RSVP and waitlist me. @Chaitanya D

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I have RSVP'ed for this drive on Thursday and for the early morning drive on Friday. If its one drive regulations applied for this drive you can remove my RSVP and waitlist me. @Chaitanya D

Yes, this Thursday evening drive is part of the weekend drive planning and hence comes under the One Drive Policy till Wednesday

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Yes, this Thursday evening drive is part of the weekend drive planning and hence comes under the One Drive Policy till Wednesday

Then I will leave the RSVP and waitlist as 2nd drive

@Chaitanya D kindly waitlist me as my 2nd drive as the magic waitlist button is not working. Whenever I click going its not redirecting me to the waitlist section. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Then I will leave the RSVP and waitlist as 2nd drive

@Chaitanya D kindly waitlist me as my 2nd drive as the magic waitlist button is not working. Whenever I click going its not redirecting me to the waitlist section. 

It is back online, if it were not before. I just waitlisted myself.

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

It is back online, if it were not before. I just waitlisted myself.

In my case its not working. I saw you have waitlisted but I cannot. Once I click going it adds me to the going list. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Dinesh Kumar A said:

Hi @Chaitanya D, kindly guide, if I waitlist myself (as my second drive for the weekend) and make it, will I be able to leave a bit early for my Friday morning drive?

Hi @Dinesh Kumar A  please pick a drive which ever suits your interest. I can understand your wish to join both, but keep the timings in mind. 

We will be leaving around 7 ish or a bit earlier on Friday depending on how soon or late everyone wakes up 😀, and the starting point for  full day drive with Fred is a good one hr drive from Qudra . 

• Like (+1) 1

@Thomas Varghese not sure what’s the issue with WL click not working for you, but since you expressed your interest first you will be no 1

pick a drive which you want to join and waitlist other

waitlist 

1. @Thomas Varghese

2. @Looper

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Chaitanya D said:

@Thomas Varghese not sure what’s the issue with WL click not working for you, but since you expressed your interest first you will be no 1

pick a drive which you want to join and waitlist other

waitlist 

1. @Thomas Varghese

2. @Looper

I have joined for @Shaaz Sha's drive for fewbie plus on Friday morning and wanted to waitlist for yours. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use