•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Big Red - Sharjah - 02 Jan 2022

Hisham Masaad

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When: 2nd January  2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/2CUsyrkriE1CNuSK8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 am

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Frederic changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Big Red - Sharjah - 2nd Jan 2022
  • Frederic changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Big Red - Sharjah - 02 Jan 2022

Dear @munkybizness @Fabien Monleau @Mohamad Anwer @Naveen Raj @MMansoor @Daniel Yang  @Lawrence_Chehimi hope enjoying your weekend and wish you happy new year. Below our convoy order for tomorrow drive, using channel 3. Please note our meeting time will be 6:30am, and with the current weather, you need to be dressed properly. Expected temperature will be less than 20 degrees. 340147086_ScreenShot2022-01-01at9_21_26PM.png.a34a6d1a55a0afb7ca481286a58594d1.png

• Like (+1) 1

Hisham...sorry I cannot make it ..and apologies for informing after the convoy list is drawn. My daughter departs in evening to India and I underestimated our time together so will have to give her company. Have a good and safe  drive ...

• Sad (0) 1

Dear @Rasif ABDUL RAHIM I am afraid you can not join this drive, being a FB+ and I don’t see you have completed any of previous drives yet. You need to join Absolute Newbie drive first, upon joining @Carnity  will have to remove your RSVP

@MMansoor, we are here at the location. We took a right after the roundabout with the water puddle. Could you call me at 0501718613 and we can coordinate.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Driving after heavy rain… new experience for sure. First of all apologies for being late, and was really kind of you guys to wait, till I dropped Abdelghani back home. In the beginning and seeing the rain, thought will have good time driving after rain, or during rain. After receiving comments from previous drives leads, and challenges of driving after rain, was not sure how it will look like. And yes, found it not much fun. Heavy rain, made it good for first desert drivers. For followers (like us) was not much fun, specially if you can not avoid existing tracks, which were really hard. Started moving towards big red, and then on the way to pink rock, we found areas not visited after the rain, which was good and fun. Reached pink rock, and it was really cultivated, and looked horrible, made a round, stop at the top of next dune for some sometime, and back to the area where was better to spend in, which is next to Tawi Nazwa. Had good time, and exited from Tawi Nazwa. In summary:

- total drive 2 hrs 30 min

- moving 2 hrs (most of it silence, on @munkybizness assurance all good)

- total 55 km

- No ropes, no shovel, no winch 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Amazing support @Lawrence_Chehimi  @munkybizness and @Fabien Monleau. Well done @MMansoor @Mohamad Anwer @Naveen Raj.

Summary of drive screen shots below

ABD06D42-514F-4655-A691-C61F8C104457.png

8993C19B-0470-48EE-AFEC-BB90CDAA5ED7.png

643DB29B-693A-4025-AF55-2BBB940754DA.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use