•  

Morning Intermediate 2021 Season Finale - Bu Tais - Abu Dhabi - 31 Dec 2021

Srikumar

Drive Info

Hope everyone had a wonderful 2021, and we wish you all a Healthy and Prosperous 2022. 

To cap of a fantastic year at the Carnity Offroad Club, lets celebrate by having a 2021 Season Finale at the majestic Bu Tais Dunes in Abu Dhabi. You will find tall dunes, huge bowls, razer sharp ridges and massive sideys that will ensure that you get the right dose of adrenaline to celebrate the New Year.

DB8F3248-DF15-4F9E-BCF4-8B649CC314DC.jpeg.2c6de0cb73bca4285f0e74df46637a34.jpeg

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Intermediate  and Above 

When: 31 December 2021 Friday

Meeting time: 6:45 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/fVbkTyK3hEu75nvE8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn. 

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW IN THE EVENTS  CALENDAR

Hi  @Srikumar looking forward for the drive ...really an awesome idea for 31sr Dec. 

A few queries

a. Any idea on time it takes for this new type of test AD has initiated since 19th Dec? Just to formulate the drive plan from Dubai to location..

b. Any indication for drive time back from trip, based on tentative/indicative drive plan - believe we will driving further south. 

c. Any need for Jerry cans etc? .and location of gas station on way to meeting point while coming from Dubai. 

d. Safe to camp around starting point? Have a bad track record when it come to planning camping before/after drive, however just in case this time try to make it work (night before). 

Request advice. 

@Arman @Mario Cornejo @Mus_hus78 @Pacific @Rawad @varunmehndiratta @Ilya @Lawrence_Chehimi @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Ranjan Das @Gaurav @Rizwanm2

Thank you for signing up for what should be a pretty exciting 2021 Season Finale Drive. Few pointers as a preparation for the drive :

1. Keep your car as light as possible with only your offorad gears and required eatables.

2. Try to avoid carrying any extra weight, and if you can avoid passengers it would be even better. 

3. Ensure that your car is in the best of shape for this drive as we would be revving it continuously through the entire course of 4 hours.

4. Please ensure that you are at the meeting point at 6:45 AM, a little early would be better. Since its 31st Dec we all would want to get back home to our friends and family in time.

5. Tyre pressure would be critical as we would have long hill climbs, so please ensure that at the start of the drive you are running on the right tyre pressure.

To answer the queries raised by Varun:

1. Last week I came to AD, and the time needed for the EDE scanning is just a few seconds while you sit in your car. However, if the test is inconclusive they will do a Free Antigen test which would take about 20 mins. So my suggestions is to plan this 20 mins in your drive to the meeting point

2. The offroad route taken would depend purely on the convoy response as well as the nature of the dunes. So for the moment, I have kept multiple exit options and will be deciding during the course of the drive. However, the approx drive time back to Dubai would be approx 2 to 2.5 hours.

3. The nearest gas station is approx 40 km from the meeting point, and we will need to drive a further 15 km before we hit the dunes. So my suggestion is to carry atleast 10 litres of extra fuel (unless you have a very big fuel tank).

4. Camping is safe as long as you stay away from bushes and trees. But I would be driving down in the morning. I dont wish to carry the camping gears for just a 2 hour drive from Dubai.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

8 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

a. Any idea on time it takes for this new type of test AD has initiated since 19th Dec? Just to formulate the drive plan from Dubai to location..

I drove to Al Ain last weekend it took literally half a minute. lower windows, a guys scan face through mobile phone, and yallah... 

of course if you detect positive you might have to spend another 30 min to do PCR test

• Like (+1) 2

@varunmehndiratta There are 3 routes showing for me approx similar drive time. i would personally take E11 and then E22, can drive max at 160km/h.  SO it will not take more than 2hrs to reach meeting point + 15min for fuelling. 

So its totally doable without camping, factoring you had good rest night before.  

image.png.7a9cb11e973979bbc4be7a5e719774eb.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Thanks @Srikumar and @Rizwanm2 

Planning camping, may be near  at meeting point. Let me know if any one interested, if not ,see you all in morning. 

Important Information

Terms of use