•  

Morning Intermediate 2021 Season Finale - Bu Tais - Abu Dhabi - 31 Dec 2021

Srikumar

Hmm I missed reading the whole post, would have recommended Medcare in Al Safa (opp Safa Park), no booking required, results delivered within 8 hrs.

Edited by Mario Cornejo
  • Like (+1) 1

What a way to send off 2021!  Thank you @Srikumar for hosting a fantastic day at Bu Tais, it is a terrific playground. 

It was 8:00 pm last night when I arrived, as it was my first time there I had no clue where to camp so just went and settled not far from the meeting point.  I must say it was difficult going to sleep because the sky was spectacular, but as the mercury dropped I made way to get warm and rest.

The convoy gathered at the designated site where everyone prepared their cars and, after listening to @Srikumar's briefing, we all started heading towards the playground.  We were greeted by the last dawn of 2021.

Project_20211231_0001.jpeg.c1e9e4b591756302261f228634c3d257.jpeg

After a warm up and driving for about an hour and a half @Srikumar took us to the emblematic site known as Bu Tais Tree Dune.

Project_20211231_0003.jpeg.613215f6b1f04212fb5c6ae4d5891dde.jpeg

The scenery was not short of tall dunes, bowls, every now and then we would see tempting areas where to play.

From the "menu" of drives I took with @Carnity during 2021, this was the last course and I am delighted the "dessert" was a new place, with scenic landscapes and a variety of areas for playing.  It was also a pleasure to meet @Asif Hussain who is a master at riding those big bowls!

@Srikumar@Ranjan Das, @Mus_hus78, @Ilya, and @Asif Hussain it was an absolute pleasure to drive with you today, I wish you, yours and @Carnity a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2022.

Hope to drive soon with all of you!

Project_20211231_0008.jpeg.7ed3ba602012b10e4ef4cce6108b1a69.jpeg

Edited by Mario Cornejo
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

2021 Season Finale Trip Report

Probably one of the best drives I have been a part of this entire year. We had a fantastic group of drivers and coupled with some awesome terrian it was a recipe for some nice heart pumping fun.

Due to the new AD entry regulations a drive which had initially 13 drive participants on Sunday was reduced to just 6 come Friday morning. However, with a shorter convoy comes more fun and thats what we had.

The bowls and pyramid shaped dunes near the Bu Tais tree area was our first point of attack. The heights, the pace and criss crossing that we had done in that stretch were truly spectacular and something that I have been wanting to do for a pretty long time.

As we moved East towards E95, we encountered a stretch of big dunes that had a lot of uneven surfaces and bushes. While it didn't provide a smooth ride but the pace and the criss crossings continued. 

Closer to the final stretch of dunes we encountered a smoother terrain and bigger sized pyramids and bowls. The sand was powder soft, but the group was relentless as we kept scaling higher and crossing some pretty sharp ridges at high speeds. 

As we had to exit out from the starting point, we started driving through the flat dunes closer to the sabkhas. The pace set of just above 100 km/h through the winding flat dunes was just the perfect end to what has been a fantastic day and year.

I wish to thank all the drive partipants @Ranjan Das, @Mus_hus78 @Ilya @Mario Cornejo for bringing out their best on a terrain that was demanding.

And ofcourse a special mention to @Asif Hussain for providing the support to the drive. It's always a pleasure to drive with you Sirji. 

WIsh you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year, and I look forward to driving with you in 2022. Take care

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Mus_hus78 said:

Is it possible to share on WhatsApp ?! 

40Gb? you know the answer 😜 I can share raw files and you can play with them as much as you want. But as I mentioned we kept quite a long distance between the cars and climbed high dunes one by one, so its not a lot

40GB 😆 sure it will take days to get it to me …. I just saw the videos and hardly seen my car around u 🤣 may be due to distance and the higher you crawled with your powerful Jeep ….. out of my 100Gb if I take on that 40 Gb 🤪 …. Next time with close driving gap . Thanks anyways and hope you had a blast 💥 with that drive in bu tais in 2021 and surely not our last one 😎….. see you in 2022 ….. 

Important Information

Terms of use