•  
Advertise here

Searching for Half Engine

My Pajero 3.8 V6 2006 Model, needs a costly engine overhaul and some parts may not be available. Can anyone recommend a place I can find a half engine. I dont wish to scrap the car. The engine got damaged when someone in my staff drove it with near no oil. Thanks Ashok

• Like (+1) 1

You have a few options:

1) Go for a full rebuilt if you are planning to keep the car. Yes it's more expensive but its only a one time job that will give you satisfaction for the coming years. (expect 10-12kAED cost)

2) Try to find a good scrapyard engine in Sharjah. This is tricky and you will need to have good connections with people that know their way around these places, otherwise you will drown inside the bottomless pit and wander around for days without a lead. A 3.8 Pajero engine of the 3rd generation Pajero might not be easy to find. Chances are that you will need to source 2-3 engines, built them in, and test them properly before deciding which ones runs best. This is a hassle for the mechanic as well. If you have time and don't need the car urgently this is however an option you can go for. 

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Thanks a lot I am going for a rebuild with non genuine or genuine copy parts.  

I've done that in the past on multiple diesel engines (in my old job). Some lasted 2 months others lasted 6 months...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Thanks a lot I am going for a rebuild with non genuine or genuine copy parts.  

Mitsubishi 6G75 engine Tested + 30 days guarantee is selling for AUD 1250 / 3300 dirhams on eBay, am sure cheaper in Sharjah... why would you spend on non-genuine which will break later? If scrapyard is quoting you above 3000dhs, may be better to find logistics friend who can help import it less than DHL... i know someone ordered a hood/bonnet for LandCruiser from Australia 😂

link: 6G75 engine used https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-380-DB-05-08-6G75-3-8-L-6Cyl-Engine-Motor-182-000-Kms-Express-/252791179183?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Zed said:

Mitsubishi 6G75 engine Tested + 30 days guarantee is selling for AUD 1250 / 3300 dirhams on eBay, am sure cheaper in Sharjah... why would you spend on non-genuine which will break later? If scrapyard is quoting you above 3000dhs, may be better to find logistics friend who can help import it less than DHL... i know someone ordered a hood/bonnet for LandCruiser from Australia 😂

link: 6G75 engine used https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-380-DB-05-08-6G75-3-8-L-6Cyl-Engine-Motor-182-000-Kms-Express-/252791179183?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

Scrapyards are quoting 9000 these days 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

55 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Oh man, add a bit more and you'll get a full car 😂  *tough decision

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Frederic we have been checking a 3.8L Pajero engine for a friend since a month and never got anything quoted for less than 13k both in Sajaa and Sharjah Industrial. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

I tried  in Sharjah to find a even a half an engine but failed. so decided to go with 'Tejari parts' it still will cost over 6000. 

I was offered aed 2000 to buy as it is but was heart broken so went for the repair. 

• Like (+1) 1