•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili to Solar park - Dubai - 9 Jan 2022

M.Seidam

1 hour ago, Ben84 said:

@M.Seidam...Sorry won't be able to make it for the drive tomorrow as something urgent came up...See you guys on the nxt drive...tc and have fun 

No problem , hope all ok . See you next time 

• Like (+1) 1

Trip Report 

Dear friends 

@munkybizness @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @topgear@Gregory @Warren Flay@Bernard Kalaani@Daniel Yang@Gilbert Khalil

what a pleasant  morning to start  by meeting some friends @Rizwanm2 and @Daniel Yang at the first gas station  along the way to lisaili. Still I had to stope one more time again as I realized that the tank was just at three quarter full ! Apparently the guy didn’t make it full.still there in the next one I met @Gaurav fueling up his Pagero. Real pleasure . … I said to my self it’s our day today and it was . 

At the meeting point every one was on time. Flagging up and deflating after which an inside radio check and brief was done and we started our trip warming up slowly slowly till we got to the  northern long range dunes of lisaili where we encountered the first stuck which was the only one for the whole trip . Please guys if any one got a pict of the nose of my Xterra kissing the ground in almost 60 degree up/ down have it in the gallery 😀 . I knew it was coming so I immediately gave the instruction to my second lead to reroute as appropriate and @Zixuan Huang - Charlie just perfectly did it. It didn’t take of much time to clear the path in front of the front of the car and the rest was just a piece of cake. Thank you guys for the shoveling exercise .🙏

Moving again slightly faster in pace after this physical warming  and here it’s worth mentioning that the ridges and hardness of the ground precluded “formal” ridge riding and crisscrossing . I took it just easy and when ever it gets better we had some of that. .. our first break was at the Sabkha for about 10 min for a streach and I could have  my sec cup of my home made espresso 

image.jpeg.d0aead64e982e1e3b80f86265a2db30c.jpeg

Containing south crossing dunes one after the other till we joined the Baja track for a short while to re enter the dunes again before it’s end south again and keeping the Chimney as to my left as possible 😀

image.jpeg.9d6915696f040b29fa619b18569d9de5.jpeg

Now I felt the sand more softer and having more  cushioning feel on descent so we enjoined in and out bowling in slightly faster and safer till we had to stop for a while to check Charley’s rising coolant temperature which it turned to be of no apparent major cause and transient . The other reason Topgear passenger felt unwell slightly . 

image.jpeg.c8c46964c9f670e2633f4e6e00c03271.jpeg

Being rested and comfortable I took an easier course toward the exit and by the time we were near the tarmac at solar park it was only 10:40 almost . Topgear , Gelbert Khalil  and warren flay preferred to exit at that point and after checking that all ok and thanking them the remaining convoy and in agreement continued for  anther almost one hour and that was in Qudra where we found the sand quality in between of lisaili and solar park. We played till the content of our heart to have our last break at my favorite crescent moon lake after which we exited at Bab shams where it was pointing to 11:50 on my watch . 

image.jpeg.a288e0f6b854f66d00d1649518503a5a.jpeg

image.jpeg.a447b104be43bfbd01f4b4f85e5527b3.jpeg

I have to say that I enjoyed my day today with you guys and  every one of you did more than great and really drove very well. Thanks for being there enjoying supporting and sharing the passion . 

till we meet next time take care drive safe and have a good week ahead 

cheers 

P.S

some pictures in Gallery and 👇 a relive 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you @M.Seidam for the fantastic drive (as always) and accommodating my passenger’s request for a short break due to motion sickness. Thanks @munkybizness for the motion sickness pill. He felt okay after that and fell asleep 😁. He was not sure if it was the pills or jet lagged as he arrived yesterday. I thought it was better for us to leave at Solar Park and let him have a relaxing afternoon. 

Back to the drive, I personally enjoy these sort of drives where we cross over to different deserts and we could see the different terrain, sands color and such. Today, I also learnt to drive gently and smoothly (for my passenger’s well-being ) so that I minimize sudden acceleration or braking which was what I tend to do. It gave me a different perspective to driving. I am quite pleased with  my efforts. 

@M.Seidam i managed to capture these

6BCC233A-5056-4D70-9A70-FA01896DD8B1.jpeg

67B8EE48-4473-422F-9EDA-359E4594E31D.jpeg

97C2F064-3092-41A7-9561-174C17D8730F.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @topgear for your nice feedback ( oh didn’t know that there was a motion sickness pill 💊😄, thanks to @munkybizness ). Actually theses pills work perfect when given one hour before the intended event . Nevertheless ( possibly it was the combination of the pill , advice and the jet lag 😉 ) I am glad that he was fine 🙏

thanks for the nice capture of my” trap stuck “ 🤣 actually it didn’t look bad as the reality may seemed .😅 

See you my friend soon .🙏

• Like (+1) 5

It was pleasure to meet you my friend @M.Seidamtoday morning,  looks like you had an exiting drive today morning,  

I think you had a surprise stuck over there with your nose dive.  and you might have even more surprised when you stick your shovel to that hard sand.  i felt like we are shoveling some wet concrete today morning, 🤪

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks @M.Seidam for the enjoyable drive today..... Great weather and company for the drive, with varied terrain and sand conditions. I must say my favourite part was after crossing (the road) into Al Qudra - where the sand was drier and the pace quicker. By the way, congrats on managing to negotiate the Al Qudra dunes/terrain in your 2-wheel drive Xterra 🤣😂 Imagine what you could do if you used the 4-wheel drive option.

Some pics in the gallery. 

Looking forward to the next one! 👍

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gregory said:

By the way, congrats on managing to negotiate the Al Qudra dunes/terrain in your 2-wheel drive Xterra 🤣😂 

Thanks @Gregoryfor your feedback you drove fantastic today .. yeah I forgot to switch back to 4WD button .. but trust me it wouldn’t be the case in solar park part as it was the softest sand  and I would know. However in Qudra the sand was slightly harder 😅 .  this coincidence proves that deflated tires is the king in off-roading especially sand and I always drive on 10 PSI and warmer conditions even 9 😉

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use