•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to Solar Park - Dubai - 9 Jan 2022

Shaaz Sha

30 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Dear Shaaz, I want to drop out as a precaution as I have been in proximity to two of my office colleagues who have tested positive. Gone for the tests myself waiting on results. Do not want to be a spreader just in case. Safe drive everyone. Keep distance as this is very spready spready ...

Hooe you get a negative Gok

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Dear Shaaz, I want to drop out as a precaution as I have been in proximity to two of my office colleagues who have tested positive. Gone for the tests myself waiting on results. Do not want to be a spreader just in case. Safe drive everyone. Keep distance as this is very spready spready ...

Take care , hope to.see you soon.

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Pacific said:

Take care , hope to.see you soon.

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for wonderful drive, all guys did great job. Good to see all familiar faces. Have a great shining Sunday. Missed @Gok Krish

• Like (+1) 5

Wonderful drive on the weekend. Absolute stunner. Everybody showed up on time and drove very well. Definitely an IM drive. The fun with IM drives are there are rare refusals and stucks. @Shaaz Sha made up for this by giving breaks in between for catching our breath. As @Charbel commented I felt I was in a motocross. Completely exhausted my built up extra energy for the weekend fun. It was nice catching up with old friends and having a chit chat in between, especially @Ahab Shamaa. Long time I didn't drive with him and it was fun watching him race the dunes from behind. Some pictures posted in the gallery.  

IMG_3496.JPG

2 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

thanks @Ranjan Das for a perfect second lead and @Matt.T & @Alexander Alcala for the excellent support. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Shaaz Sha another great drive with you today. The first half was full on and certainly sharpened the mind and muscles but the convoy wasn't  phased. The 2nd half was a little less manic but we didn't slow down and the few stops and/breaks were well timed. We had only a couple of refusals all day, 1 pull and one small digging incident. The pop out near the end was a bit random but quickly dealt with. 

Good 2nd lead from @Ranjan Das and sweep from @Alexander Alcala. Thanks for the photos @Thomas Varghese and @Charbel.

See you all in the sand 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you guys for signing up and It was a fantastic day for off-roading, and I'm sure you all had as much fun as I did. We started our drive at 7.20 a.m.,  a few minutes late due to the sunrise, and it was a fantastic drive. Our original intention was to start from Faqa, behind the police station, but we had to change it due to covid regulations and the risk of crossing the border by driving too close to it in case of unanticipated events. My plan was to get to the solar park through Muquab and Lisali if time permits,or else to exit via Murquab or Lisali . You guys, on the other hand, were amazing today and drove to perfection. We traveled approximately 65 kilometers in 3 hours and 34 minutes at an average moving pace of 24 kilometers, and we could arrive at our goal in 4 hours and 20 minutes with all our breaks in between. I believe we got the most out of the terrain, and I enjoyed how colorful you made it. Every driver in the convoy gave it their all...amazing job, guys. We had to cope with a few refusals, stucks, and a pop out, and thanks to @Thomas Varghese for your help with the heavy jack..😜. Thank you for all those beautiful pictures man 👍👏. With you and @Charbel in the convoy, I realized it was worthless to try my photography talents,But still stried a few clicks.  Thanks to @Ranjan Das for a fantastic second lead and for your valuable feedback and suggestions on the track. Thanks to @Matt.T for a well-executed CF role, and to @Alexander Alcala for sweeping us all safely to the end and for sharing your experiences at Chile desert🙏.. Thank you @Charbel for feed back on the drive and it was a pleasure to drive with you. The other wrangler boys @Anoop Nair and @Pacific ..you guys were at your best today and it was nice to see you having fun. @Amir Amiriit was nice to see you and you managed your beast wonderfully today..it was not an easy job taking it through those technical patches .. well done buddy. @Ahab Shamaa..it was a pleasure meeting and driving with you after soo long.. as always you were great. Thank you guys and see you soon. some Pics in the gallery..

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Well done dear @Shaaz Sha actually that was my initial plan but in the reverse direction Lisaili to solar via murqab and Faqa . But this wouldn’t be possible without passing a high tech parches at the outline of the buffer zone. Alternatively Qudra completed my intended  spunk of three different areas with a terrain of their owns. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, M.Seidam said:

Well done dear @Shaaz Sha actually that was my initial plan but in the reverse direction Lisaili to solar via murqab and Faqa . But this wouldn’t be possible without passing a high tech parches at the outline of the buffer zone. Alternatively Qudra completed my intended  spunk of three different areas with a terrain of their owns. 

Thank you @M.Seidam.. before the start i thought we might come across and say hello some where in murquab or lisali..  or at least at the end.. but then i saw ur message of extending the drive.😄

• Like (+1) 3

A fabulous drive @Shaaz Sha, thank you for making even the small mundane dunes look challenging right from the word go. The first 45 mins ensured that we were all awake and paying full attention. Weather and the sand condition of course helped but nothing takes away from the fact that everyone drove well making the drive fluid and thoroughly enjoyable.

It was very classy to see how, despite of not having any long climbs and sidies, you led us through an intense and enjoyable drive. thank you.

@Charbel, @Anoop Nair, @Matt.T, @Pacific, @Amir Amiri, @Thomas Varghese, @Ahab Shamaa, @Alexander Alcala, it was nice meeting and driving with you gentlemen. Hope to doing it again soon.

IMG_1250.JPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use