•  
Advertise here

Advice for Ram owners

Nathan

Hi Paul, sorry to hear about the drama this morning. I hope it is a relatively easy fix? 

Regarding the airbags, my main concern isn’t front impact but side/curtain airbags when criss-crossing. The roll of the vehicle from one side to the other could trick the gyro into thinking it’s been a rollover event and therefore deploy the side airbags. 

@Paul Zietsman your airbag didnt pop as impact must be under 20 - 25 km (or something) speed threshold designed by Dodge and not because you were in 4X4. Frontal airbags are speed-sensitive first and then followed by the degree of impact. They only get triggered when the impact falls under the crush zone.

What @Nathan mentioned is of utmost importance for US model cars to disable side airbags while off-roading.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Paul Zietsman no F26 doesn’t disable it as far as I can tell. That only does TC, ABS etc. 

I believe that the fuse that does Airbags is also one of the ECM fuses, so it’s impossible to disable. That leads to a glass ceiling for how far we can push the Ram. 

That being said, owners of the TRX seem to do fine, so I haven’t been able to figure out what the difference is. 

I had my bumper done at Machinehead in Al Quoz