•  

Goodbye my friends

Jeepie

Saying farewell to Carnity,

I am saying farewell to all of you with a heavy heart.

I am grateful for all the lessons learnt and all the nice people I have met and I will cherish the memories. From the very first drive I was hooked, learning the skills and meeting like minded people, getting to know some of them a lot better, making new friends. It felt like I belonged.

Leading drives is a lot of fun, but I never lost my enthusiasm for helping Newbies find their feet in the sand. That is why, I still loved supporting the Newbies and Absolute Newbies or assisting Richard on some Master Classes.

As a volunteer, I tried my best, but I feel I have to abide by more and more rules, which means it is becoming more of a chore.

I enjoyed my time with Carnity and loved the community spirit, but I am no longer feeling it.

I wish to the whole @Carnityfamily, especially the Crew, the Marshals, the Advisors, the Support Team and all those members that I had the pleasure and privilege to meet and drive with, all the best.

I will keep driving in a different form and I hope our tracks may cross again.

Best regards, love,

Marjan, aka Jeepie

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 27

After Lorenzo you too Marjan? OMG whats happening? Double blow early in the New Year. 

• Sad (0) 3

I'm feeling down and I don't know what to say, today is a really sad day to lose you and Lorenzo.
I will miss driving with you and I will miss a lot of enthusiasm.
I appreciate your feeling and your lack of acceptance of being attached to the many rules, as it is in the end a hobby and a time for fun and escape from the rules of life.
I think these rules affect us as members of the group, by changing the rules of the promotion. I hope the team and management will reconsider these rules soon.
Good luck in your next journey hope our paths cross again.

Edited by Ahmad Shaker
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

3 minutes ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

I'm feeling down and I don't know what to say, today is a really sad day to lose you and Lorenzo.
I will miss driving with you and I will miss a lot of enthusiasm.
I appreciate your feeling and your lack of acceptance of being attached to the many rules, as it is in the end a hobby and a time for fun and escape from the rules of life.
I think these rules affect us as members of the group, by changing the rules of the promotion. I hope the team and management will reconsider these rules soon.
I will really miss your encouragement on the radio when you say yalla 
Good luck in your next journey hope our paths cross again.

I think you might have me confused with Angela😄

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jeepie said:

I think you might have me confused with Angela😄

opps sorry 
yes that's exactly what I thought 
But this does not change the truth about anything, today is really a sad day to lose you, too

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I don’t have you confused with Angela 😂!

I still stand by my only drive with you being one of the best I had in and out of carnity. Big losses to the group this morning. Shame!

See you in the sand I hope .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I have learnt so much driving with you and supporting your drives.

I remember very well one of my first drives with Carnity, you were CF supporting Richard and I was following you. I was impressed by your control and your guidance and the way your car was climbing the dunes. I remember asking you how did you do it to be so quiet with your engine, you simply told me to control my gas. After that, I started listening to the engine to better apprehend a dune and later on, I would often find myself thinking "what would Marjan do".

I will also remember that I was supporting your last drive through a very challenging technical path :)

You were a great leader in this community, I know you will be missed by many... and I'll see you soon Marjan !

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use