•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 15 Jan 2022

Foxtrot Oscar

23 minutes ago, Rasif ABDUL RAHIM said:

@Foxtrot Oscar requesting if you can allow @Yasirimam as well for the drive as he next on the waiting list. He is my bestie and we usually go for drives together. 

@Foxtrot Oscar Looking forward for your kind consideration, Pleaseeee.!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Drive Report

Give yourselves a round of applause, that was some great driving out there today! Yes, the sands were hardened by the rain fall, but they were also rutted, and disfigured with channels which were created by those very same.

It was also great that everyone had arrived in plenty of time and we were deflated, flagged and ready to go by 8.05! We entered the small dunes and readied our desert wheels, getting a feel for the sand and getting on top of some nice rounded dunes.  I threw everything at you at the start as we maneuvered our way through the dunes with smooth crossovers and gentle sides, keeping a watchful eye as we did so.

Having passed Pink Rock and content that you were all capable I added some masala, and after a short , safely distanced tutorial we made our way to the larger dunes and swept through the footdunes that lead to the majestic Big Red. Alas, we have to look on in awe these days, but the restrictions provided an unexpected bonus of very quiet sands.

In terms of feedback I would like to just say, please (at Newbie level) never try to self recover without a member of the support team to guide you, always keep a safe distance between cars and never apologise for a refusal. It’s how we learn!

Well done to the guys at the front @Yasirimam @Rasif ABDUL RAHIM @Ahmad Mehwi @Tareq Al Turq @Mo. @Sharat Nambiar , kept up with the pace and drove well. To the guys at the back who had a lot of big cars in front of them which makes it more challenging as the sands get churned up. @Faisal Alhashimi @ASAD. @takeshi sobue @Gerrit Bus and @Will Seivewright.

Many thanks to my support @Richard Franks for an excellent 2nd lead and to @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil for helping with the few recoveries we had.

Finally thank you to you all for listening, following instruction and being such a great convoy.

Until our next adventure 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use