•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 16 Jan 2022

Gaurav

12 hours ago, Udit S said:

Hi Gaurav,

Nice to make your acquaintance. 

I have a 2 Door Prado 2016 model. Front & Back tow points are there, along with necessary clearance.

Off road experience :- Well, I have never deflated my tires before... Eagerly awaiting 16th Jan.

@GauravNeed your input on buying a tire deflator & gauge (have gone through the articles/forums here, but its still a bit confusing)

Option 1https://www.aceuae.com/en-ae/autoplus-tire-deflator-w/gauge/924864.html   Option 2https://www.aceuae.com/en-ae/bushranger-3-in-1-tire-gauge-and-deflator/204948.html   Or if u think, above are a waste of money - pls suggest what you have in mind.

Also, regarding inflators - I dont want to purchase one right now (maybe after a couple of drives). Just wanted to confirm, if there would be a Gas Station, at the end of the trip - so I can inflate my tires there.

27 minutes ago, Udit S said:

Option 1https://www.aceuae.com/en-ae/autoplus-tire-deflator-w/gauge/924864.html   Option 2https://www.aceuae.com/en-ae/bushranger-3-in-1-tire-gauge-and-deflator/204948.html   Or if u think, above are a waste of money - pls suggest what you have in mind.

I don't have anything in my mind, it's your complete choice to pick whatever you like to use/prefer.

28 minutes ago, Udit S said:

Also, regarding inflators - I dont want to purchase one right now (maybe after a couple of drives). Just wanted to confirm, if there would be a Gas Station, at the end of the trip - so I can inflate my tires there.

99% of the time Adnoc close to end point (4-5 km away) have broken down inflator, and if 1% its working then it will have 20 cars queue means you will either have to wait for 1-2 hour for inflating tires.

OR

Drive down another 16 km to nearby ENOC on deflated tires at 40 kmph (max).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

17 hours ago, Vinod Damodaran said:

Hi Gaurav, I’m glad to join Carnity club. 
Car is new 2021 Jeep Rubicon modified by Jeepers with 40 inch tyres. All necessary offroad kit fitted. 
Done quite a few drives earlier with Lx570. 
Recently went for 2 beginners drive ( with Jeep )with Dubai Offroaders. 

See you all on 16th morning !

Hi @Vinod Damodaran welcome to carnity and thanks for your introduction.

Good to hear that you have previous off-road experience, but my concern seems to be with your Rubicon having 40 Inch tires.

To install 40 Inch tires (if it's really correct) you must have added a huge lift too (6-10 Inches) and deviated far from the original center of gravity. Such extreme lift and tires are meant for rock crawling at a very slow and controlled pace.

Driving on the sand, even at this absolute newbie drive, you have a huge risk to roll over with such a higher center of gravity unless you be super careful at all dunes and at all times. Hope you understand my concern and accept my advice positively.

I also hope you have the same size of the spare tire too as part of your upgrade package.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi Gaurav, Thanks for reply.

Yes, the lift kit ordered is 6 inch, but since no stock was available, the car is temporarily fitted with  4" lift kit. I raised the same concern about center of gravity, but I was advised that it is safe because the tires are much wider and projecting outwards hence balancing the height. However , will definitely take good care as you advised.

Yes , the spare tire is also same size. Winch, Radio, towing hooks, flag, Pump etc are all available.

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Warm welcome to all new joiners to the club !

@Andre Olivenca @Nasr.990 @Shahzad Akbani

As a basic introduction, kindly reply to the following:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing?

2) Do you have prior offroading experience? If so please specify.

3) Does your vehicle have front and back tow points? This is mandatory for all vehicles.

4) Does your vehicle have a minimum of 8 inches of ground clearance at front and rear bumper?

Off-road Gears Needed

For your very first drive with us, we would like to ask you to bring a tire pressure gauge, deflator tool, and a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive. (the one near the gas station is usually not working).

The next tools you will be needing from second drive onwards, are a walkie-talkie, offroad flag, and a decent shovel. If by any chance you have these tools already you are of course welcome to bring them along on your first drive.

@Eli Zandro Hamoy @Kishore Venkat @Sivakumar Please specify if your Patrol is Y61 (Safari or super safari) OR Y62?

If its Y62, please specify you do have a minimum of 8 Inches of ground clearance under front and rear bumper and not having any Nismo or other body kit under the bumper.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Abdul Basit Khan said:

Hi @Gaurav Bhai,

I have X Terra 2010, tomorrow i will install Skid Plate with radiator brackets 10mm.

Ground clearance is as required level.

I have Radio / Walkie Talkie. further i will get flag and Air Compressor.

I have done few drives 5 months back In Kalahari Desert - Botswana even some part of jungle and a rocky mountains. keen to learn more technical way to drive in desert. Participated in few desert drives with Carnity in 2019. (Not as a driver)  

Welcome back Basit, good to see you after a long.

• Like (+1) 2

Hello Gaurav, 

Please see my replies below:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing?

I have a FJ Cruiser 2012 model

2) Do you have prior off-roading experience? If so please specify.

No I don't have any experience 

3) Does your vehicle have front and back tow points? This is mandatory for all vehicles.

Yes I do

4) Does your vehicle have a minimum of 8 inches of ground clearance at front and rear bumper?

Yes the clearance is more than 8 inches

I don't have tyre pressure gauge or deflator. Can you please recommend any which i can go and buy or order online. Thanks in advance. Looking forward for my first drive on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Udit S said:

@GauravNeed your input on buying a tire deflator & gauge (have gone through the articles/forums here, but its still a bit confusing)

Hi @udit you can find some details on link below for deflator/guage and inflators.. ... Reg. Inflators can't recall that i ever found the gas station one close to exit point working or idle (if at all working)....so don't rely on that. In below link you will find some cheap option for inflator as well - though personally don't recommend them  however just in case you want to try for couple of drive. 

1 minute ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @udit you can find some details on link below for deflator/guage and inflators.. ... Reg. Inflators can't recall that i ever found the gas station one close to exit point working or idle (if at all working)....so don't rely on that. In below link you will find some cheap option for inflator as well - though personally don't recommend them  however just in case you want to try for couple of drive. 

@Shahzad Akbani fyr

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use