•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 16 Jan 2022

Gaurav

@GauravBhai,

It was a great great experience for me,   Route planning, guidance, support system, monitoring and members ethics all are 100/100. 

Please let me know if yourneed me to understand more on desert drive skill or if you find any loop hole. so that i will work on that on next drive. 

luckily didn’t call anyone today for refusal/stuck. but i like the way you said *In desert anyone can get stuck either you have low power, over power, mid range, high range vehicle. it’s totally based on your self confidence, strong mind control and marshal obedience* 

and one thing i learn today is GRAVITY IS MY FRIEND. 

9BD7204D-0666-4ED5-825A-89591F2CF504.jpeg

Edited by Abdul Basit Khan
  • Like (+1) 3

On 1/14/2022 at 4:58 PM, Gaurav said:

@fayazc and @Aghabi you both are on the Waitlist and will automatically move to drive attendees if anyone drops out and will receive email notification of the same.

OR

You will be given first preference for next week Absolute Newbie drive and will be added to that drive, as soon as it's open.

@GauravSeems you guys had a great drive. Since we where on the wait list and never got a chance, will we be added to the next coming Absolute Newbie drive?

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Aghabi said:

@GauravSeems you guys had a great drive. Since we where on the wait list and never got a chance, will we be added to the next coming Absolute Newbie drive?

Yes absolutely you and @fayazc will be added to the next week, 23 Jan, Absolute Newbie drive on priority.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks @Gaurav for lovely drive today and congratulations all for completing your first drive with Carnity and for many their first drive in desert - first ones are always special and i am sure you will remember this for long time. 

The terrain, the beautiful weather and the whole experience was worthy of Dubai's tag line "The Coolest Winter". 

Overall we travelled around 32Km covering a basic intro to various aspects of desert driving - side sloping, climbing up and down the dunes and @Gaurav ensured that even on Absolute Newbies drive we had a chance to experience some steep climbs through soft patches as well as Criss crossing - my fav element of desert driving.

Despite the rain and windy weather, we travelled at a decent average moving speed of 13Km/hr, a reflection of how well  you all handled your vehicle. From the CF position i could see a good mix of happy and at times nervous faces and that's what the experience and learning is all about - and in the end this mixed feeling is what leads to a sense of accomplishment at end of every drive. 

@Charles Wallace though you missed the fun of driving without roof 😂😂 you were a perfect SL and had a perfect drive. 

@Eli Zandro Hamoy @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Abdul Basit Khan you have powerful Nissans with you and you handled them very well.

@Udit S check some videos and try using your deflator before the next drive, i think the deflator is fine - just need some handling tips and if you plan to go for Valve core extractor look for magnetic tip one - will ensure you will not lose the core. For the first desert drive you managed it really well - i could see the excitement through the drive and i am sure you will love exploring the Newbies drive on your Prado. 

@Shahzad Akbani for someone driving the FJ for less than a week you did really well, surely takes some time getting used to vehicle. You had couple of refusals, however i am sure as you would have noticed during reattempts it's just about approaching with the right momentum. Looking forward to see you on NB drives. 

@Sivakumar the relationship between you and your flag was on rocky terrain since the word go and wasn't meant to last long 😂 get a new one prior to the next drive and you are good to go 

@Kishore Venkat crests and stucks are integral part of offroading, you handled your Patrol really well. Reg your compressor, i believe it's the fuse issue and should be an easy fix. 

@Vinod Damodaran jeep on lift looks majestic and you handled it really well. 👍👍 

@Andre Olivenca @Nasr.990 @hugo you three were simply awesome and had impecable drives. Thanks Hugo for being a perfect sweep and keeping the long convoy togather.

Looking forward to see you all soon. As @Gaurav mentioned drive schedule is released at 11am every Monday and rsvp opens at 7pm. Watch out for it and as a general advice don't be late to RSVP,  some of the drives get full within couple of minutes. 

Thanks for the lovely company on a beautiful day. Have a nice week ahead and hopefully we catch up again soon. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@varunmehndirattathanks buddy for assisting me to get rid of 4X4 blink when i disengaged 4X4. for X Terra 2010.

Tip for X Terra users: from 2006-2016. when you disengaged the 4X4, you will see the 4X4 sign blinking Don’t worry just drive around 200 Mtr, it will disappear automatically. 

Can’t wait to meet the desert again. 🏜

• Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @varunmehndiratta for perfect trip report and great support during the drive.

@Charles Wallace @Eli Zandro Hamoy @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Udit S @Abdul Basit Khan @Shahzad Akbani @Sivakumar @Kishore Venkat @Vinod Damodaran @Andre Olivenca @Nasr.990 @hugo

All of you have driven great and keep the right approach and mindset to learn off-roading basics and principals first than tinkering and modifying your 4x4.

Newbie drives are designed for you to know your vehicle more, so that you can learn the basics and build the confidence required to cross every dune, even when you fail few times (it's ok). Keep that spirit tight and you will love your vehicle even more.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and NOT an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. 

Drives are announced every Monday at 11 AM on WhatsApp, and they go live on Monday evening at 7 PM followed by another WhatsApp notification at 7 PM.

Join the WhatsApp Broadcast List

whatsapp.png Carnity Drive Notification

Due to extremely high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 PM to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted.

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a MANDATORY requirement.

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

MUST READ: Offroad Club Structure, Levels and Rules

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done out there @Gaurav. You’ve done a tremendous job out there. I have learned a lot from you on my first drive. I was a bit nervous at the beginning as if I could get along. After a few courses I gained confidence in handling my car in the desert. I am excited to drive again on my next (newbie) level drive. Special thanks also to @varunmehndirattafor the wonderful comment on my ride and for keeping the group intact. Thank you again guys and hope to see you on our next drive.👏🏻👏🏻

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 12:15 AM, Abdul Basit Khan said:

@varunmehndirattathanks buddy for assisting me to get rid of 4X4 blink when i disengaged 4X4. for X Terra 2010.

Tip for X Terra users: from 2006-2016. when you disengaged the 4X4, you will see the 4X4 sign blinking Don’t worry just drive around 200 Mtr, it will disappear automatically. 

Can’t wait to meet the desert again. 🏜

4 X 4 dashboard indicator disappearance in Xterra - Nissan Xterra Forum in UAE - Carnity.com

The reason for the 4X4 lights blinking is because of 2 reasons in Xterra. 1. The transfer case is still under stress and the car cannot disengage from 4X4 mode to 2X4 mode. Easiest way to stop the lights flashing and to re engage 2X4 is to reverse the car a car length. Powering the car with short bursts on the accelerator while going forward also helps but not as instant as reversing the car. If your lights stopped flashing and 2H engaged after driving 200 mts consider yourself lucky as its not very usual for the transfer case to release the built up stress with this run unless you gave the short bursts of power. 2. The second cause is more troublesome as sometimes the transfer case actuator motor solenoid becomes weak. Need to get it replaced as soon as you can. As you cannot get the solenoid separate you have to replace the motor.   

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use